I have been taking advantage of being stuck at home to work on a Seawitch project. The game is a real roach in its present state. First, I am trying to get it working fully/reliably.
When I first put it up on legs and connected everything, it worked except that after about 10 minutes, the left flippers would die. Given that the wiring for the flippers was total crap (poor soldering, frayed wires, etc), I thought I would start by putting in all new flipper mechs with fresh wiring on molex plugs.
After changing out all four flippers, I tried playing again. It played fine for about fifteen minutes except that I noticed that the lower right pop and the right sling weren't working. I shut it down, lifted the playfield and found that the coil stop for the sling had cracked in half, allowing the coil to fall out and pull off one its wires.
I fixed the sling with a stop from one of the old flipper mechs and tried firing the game up again. This time it made a couple garbeled sounds and then...nothing. No sounds (never the normal "bong" boot sounds), no led on the MPU. I have some playfield lights on, but nothing else.