4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bus (resized).PNG
#1 4 years ago

I'm working on a Stern 9 ball and am puzzled as I can't get this game to boot. I get the first flicker but no flashes at all. I checked the continuity chart below and the only continuity I don't get is pin 20 from the 6800cpu to roms U2 - U6/6810 ram. But I think this chart is wrong. Hopefully someone can confirm.

I burned new roms and get the same result. The 6800 cpu was changed to a known working one. No change. Both 5101 rams were changed and new sockets
installed. Still, only get a flicker. I tested continuity from each leg of every eprom to the bottom of the board and continuity is good. Then, I tested continuity of each
leg on the 6800 cpu to the bottom of the board and that's all good. I checked continuity between all eproms and that's fine as well.

Voltages measured on the mpu are solid +5vdc and +12vdc. No issues there.

Anyone have any ideas?
bus (resized).PNGbus (resized).PNG

#2 4 years ago

Well, problem somehow solved itself. I think changing the 5101 sockets and then going through diagnostics once cleared everything. Fully functional now.
Crazy..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 959.00
$ 12.00
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-mpu-200-flicker-no-flash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.