MPU_Sockets 004a.jpg
MPU100_ita.jpg
05 (resized).jpg
04 (resized).jpg
03 (resized).jpg
02 (resized).jpg
01 (resized).jpg
Cattura (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Theonlylilo:

Also from the manual I must have the input gate pin 14 high (~+4,5V). Also pin 10 and 5. In my case these are low... Pin 9 for example must be low, but mine is high. Could be this the cause, or a symptom of a faulty board?

Nope, this is the zero crossing detector circuit and has no effect on the CPU accessing the ROM at U6 to boot.

Quoted from Theonlylilo:

Next step U19 (4011). Pin 4 for example must be ~+0.4V... I have +5.4V... I cannot understand if these are fault ICs or "normal" behaviour due to the blocked board...

This is a symptom, not a cause of the board not booting.

Have you carefully checked your solder work around the IC sockets to see if there's any accidental shorts between pins/traces?

Can you post some high resolution clear pictures front and back of the board?

#9 5 years ago

Hmm, the lighting is not well enough to see clear fine detail in the pictures. Any chance you can take the photos outside during the day (but not in direct sunlight) and possibly higher resolution?

I can't quite tell but is there a short circuit circled below?
MPU100_ita.jpgMPU100_ita.jpg

Where possible, check the IC sockets you've installed using a light from behind the board to see if you have any short circuits front side of the board between the pins and traces between them under the sockets.

MPU_Sockets 004a.jpgMPU_Sockets 004a.jpg

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Theonlylilo:

Hi! Here new pics. Let me know if they are ok or not!

Thanks, these pictures are better.

The only thing I can notice is it looks like you have bad corrosion under the J5 pin header that could be causing resistive shorts. Carefully inspect it and if it is corrosion, remove the J5 pin header to clean it.

BTW since it looks like there is corrosion at the top of the board, what condition is the CPU socket in?

Quoted from Theonlylilo:

Forgive me for the DIY R140 , but it's difficult here to find a 20K resistor.

Understood - we didn't question it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-mpu-100-solid-led-on-booting?tu=Quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.