Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled.jpg
    Stern decal.jpg
    Data East decal.jpg
    sterno.jpg
    4 24 2015c.jpg
    1429901408613.jpg
    IMG952015041795122731.jpg
    IMG952015041795122930.jpg
    stern_4.6.15_cement.jpg
    stern_4.6.15_front.jpg
    150753_10153264205664244_694791008781333464_n.jpg
    sternfactory1.jpg
    sternfactory2.jpg
    sternfactory3.jpg
    GARY_IN_ELK_GROVE_FACTORY.jpeg
    IMAG6299.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattelder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

How long have they operated out of Melrose facility?

Quoted from underlord:

Since the mid nineties I believe.

They have been at 2020 Janice Ave. since the summer of 2000. Before that they were at 1990 Janice Ave. I know they were there at least back to 1989, and possibly even back to the beginning of Data East.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from viperrwk:

If you look at the manual for Secret Service on IPDB, it lists 1990 Janice as the address so had to be there from nearly the beginning (the address on Laser War is covered but I'm guessing it's the same).

Interestingly, the flyer for Laser War lists DE' address as 470 Needles Dr, San Jose.

viperrwk

Yeah, I'm also thinking it did go all the way back, but I just didn't have anything on hand to confirm stuff before '89. That Needles Ave. address was Data East USA's headquarters, but obviously the games weren't built there, so kind of odd that they bothered to put that on there instead of the pinball plant's Chicago-area address....

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

And yet they still won't let you pick up a NIB game directly from the factory ...

In the past people have been allowed to pick up games there, just never purchase them directly from Stern....only through a distributor. Maybe they have now changed the pick up policy as well....

7 months later
    #155 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Stern just posted this on Facebook. Post claims they have been there for 30 years, which contradicts other Pinsiders who said they have NOT been in the same building since the Data East days.

Interesting....

Their PR dept. needs to bone up on company history.

Here's pics of a couple random decals off the web showing both addresses, and as Keefer mentioned a while back, the move took place around summer of 2000.

Data East decal.jpgData East decal.jpg

Stern decal.jpgStern decal.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattelder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-moving-1?tu=mattelder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.