Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled.jpg
    Stern decal.jpg
    Data East decal.jpg
    sterno.jpg
    4 24 2015c.jpg
    1429901408613.jpg
    IMG952015041795122731.jpg
    IMG952015041795122930.jpg
    stern_4.6.15_cement.jpg
    stern_4.6.15_front.jpg
    150753_10153264205664244_694791008781333464_n.jpg
    sternfactory1.jpg
    sternfactory2.jpg
    sternfactory3.jpg
    GARY_IN_ELK_GROVE_FACTORY.jpeg
    IMAG6299.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I like that they intentionally put "Relocating to a larger facility" on the Realty Sign. Otherwise rumors would have Pinside's server smoking.

It can also help assure potential buyers that the building isn't dilapidated, and to give it a look.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I get that sometimes it's more advantageous to rent but I'm just curious as to why Stern hasn't simply purchased a building to manage their operations. In the long run wouldn't you see gains once the building is paid off? Or is leasing better for taxes?

You're better off leasing at a buck and quarter, buck and a half per square foot. Take the down payment and put it into CDs or something else you can roll over every couple of months.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I remember going to the WMS plant in '97. It was gigantic. It made Stern's current plant look like a closet. Anybody know the comparisons of the old WMS square footage to SPI's new plant?

WMS made more than Pinball machines.

4 months later
    #122 9 years ago

Doesn't count until the sign says "Stern Pinball, Inc."

1 month later
    #129 9 years ago

Looks much better.

Looking forward to touring it at Expo.

1 month later
    #143 8 years ago

Stern has said previously that they were going to move over two weekends, only missing a week of production in-between.

So starting on a Friday makes sense.

#146 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Enh, I'd say starting Saturday makes more sense than friday. All we know at this point is they're well past when they expected to get a move on originally.

"Starting" doesn't have to mean Friday morning. Why not get a jump on Saturday and start in the afternoon?

1 week later
    #154 8 years ago

Stern just posted this on Facebook. Post claims they have been there for 30 years, which contradicts other Pinsiders who said they have NOT been in the same building since the Data East days.

Interesting....

sterno.jpgsterno.jpg
    #156 8 years ago
    Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-moving-1?tu=captain_kirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.