Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by 20eyes
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

After 1 - 2 hours my monopoly starts going through a fit of resetting. If I turn it off and back on it just keeps resetting. If I leave it off for a while then its back to working for an hour or 2 then resetting. I did have to do some work around the battery area due to leaky batterys but it wasn't anything that bad. I'm wondering if its a chip starting to fail or I need to dig deeper from the battery damage.

#3 9 years ago

most of the time I have found it to be a bad or loose game eprom on the CPU board just under the batteries.

#4 9 years ago

From looking at the link the ram or the ram socket can cause the resetting also and it is directly below the batteries so I think I know where to start. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#5 9 years ago

Ok I had already changed the EPROM with new software and ram socket below the battery so I got a new 6264 RAM chip from big daddy and installed it properly oriented. It then loaded to the the monopoly logo screen then the dmd when blank.
So now I have a blown F23 fuse.

The ram it originally had was a LH5164AH and I had assumed that 6264 was an acceptable replacement.

I was going to start testing voltages and try to determine what board the problem is on and if its any more than swapping a chip i'm going to just send the board/s to coin op cauldron.
I really didn't need another machine to break lately...

#6 9 years ago

I put in a new fuse and the game powered up like normal but some of the coils didn't work or were glitchy. I stuck the old RAM back in and everything works like normal.
I'm thinking I may have gotten some odd variation RAM that isn't compatible or something.
So Monopoly is back to working but I suspect will still reset. I will update if I make any more progress on this.

#7 9 years ago

I get/got a lot of white star games from chuck e cheese. It is pretty much mandatory to replace the 12 and 5 volt connectors on the driver and CPU boards. After that, no more resets.....

1 month later
#8 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I get/got a lot of white star games from chuck e cheese. It is pretty much mandatory to replace the 12 and 5 volt connectors on the driver and CPU boards. After that, no more resets.....

I reseated the connectors and the glitchy issues went away. Now I just have to replace the connectors and see if the resetting goes away. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-monopoly-resetting-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.