Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dont-fear-the-reaper-agents-of-fortune-blue-oyster-cult (resized).jpg
    Willard_1971_(resized).jpg
    Ben_poster_(resized).jpg
    2755_(resized).jpg
    evildeadtrilogy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_9049_1000000_(resized).jpg
    Kaneda_large_8728_(resized).jpg
    12louk_(resized).jpg
    2016-07-19-14-11-38--1465309953_(resized).jpg
    2016-07-19-14-11-33--1767790573_(resized).jpg
    rrpin_(resized).jpg
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

Still hoping the future holds a Toy Story

#52 7 years ago

A Monty Python table would be killer. So much to work with. Much younger generation wouldn't get it though.

Star Wars update has to be in the works with all the movies upcoming. (i.e. Ritchie's next game possibly)

#53 7 years ago

This isn't really a missed theme opportunity, but do you think Stern could do a steampunk pin?

Zen Pinball has a Tesla pin that is really cool: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tesla+pinball&view=detail&mid=F0CC7B1DCACE27E95F3BF0CC7B1DCACE27E95F3B&FORM=VIRE.

What do you think? I'd love to see someone take a steampunk theme and really run with it.

#54 7 years ago

MORTAL KOMBAT

POKEMON

MARIO BROTHERS

RESIDENT EVIL

IRON MAIDEN

#55 7 years ago

I was looking at movies that came out this year and Deadpool would obviously be pretty cool and a good horror theme would be The Conjuring. There's not a lot of horror themes being done today but I think it could work really well. Instead of magic tricks like in Pinball magic, the objects that move by themselves would be possessed.

Also I want a return of parody themes like Gottlieb was doing in the 80s. Deadly Weapon, Gold Wings, even Williams No Good Gofers was a parody of Caddyshack.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

Still hoping the future holds a Toy Story

Ohhh yes! That would be pretty cool I agree.

Quoted from Tazmancat:

This isn't really a missed theme opportunity, but do you think Stern could do a steampunk pin?
    Zen Pinball has a Tesla pin that is really cool: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tesla+pinball&view=detail&mid=F0CC7B1DCACE27E95F3BF0CC7B1DCACE27E95F3B&FORM=VIRE.
    What do you think? I'd love to see someone take a steampunk theme and really run with it.

Yeah -- I saw this and Ben heck has mentioned tesla vs Edison pin. I was thinking it would make an awesome homebrew with a steampunk theme -- then at nwpas someone showed up with a homebrew steampunk game in the works.. Pretty sweet looking. Tesla vs Edison would be a fantastic original theme if a company pulled it off.

#57 7 years ago

Heavy metal

I always loved the movie and soundtrack.

#58 7 years ago

How about the rocketeer awsome under watched movie.

#59 7 years ago

Highlander (first movie only, though the series was excellent).

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Highlander (first movie only, though the series was excellent).

I loved the series so much as a kid. Season 2 Episode 4 blew my young mind.

#61 7 years ago

A lot of good ones from everybody!

Voltron
    Big trouble in little china
    Short circuit
    Little shop of horror

#62 7 years ago

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

#63 7 years ago

ALF !
    The upper playfield could be Willy Tanner's garage with all the radio and transmitting equipment.
    Video mode where Alf has to try and catch cat Lucky.
    Alf's spaceship bashing on the playfield.
    Funny Alf jokes( choice out of a thousand in all seasons)during gameplay, man i would love that.
    And there would be room for mrs.Ochmonek in there too?!

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

World War 2 themed axis vs allies.
    Scooby doo
    Dukes of Hazard
    Vikings

I have to second the Dukes of Hazzard. That was my favorite show growing up and would be an instant buy for me. Can you imagine the callouts? I can see it now, a jump ramp comes up for timed super jackpot shot. Nail it and hear, "Yeeeeeeehaaaaaww". There's so much content to draw from, it could be amazing.....

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I loved the series so much as a kid. Season 2 Episode 4 blew my young mind.

I had to look up which episode you were talking about, yea Darkness was incredible. That was an era when main actors simply did not die on television series. What a great use of Dust in the Wind.

That episode totally changed the direction of that show.

#66 7 years ago

What I think are good suggestions by other posters in this thread:

The Rocketeer
    The Incredibles
    ALF

And, of course, Harry Potter is a no-brainer if JK Rowling would license it.

#67 7 years ago

As my favorite trilogy, BTTF needs to happen. The data east title is going for between 2500-3000 these days. People would surely happily throw down $5k for a Stern pro

LOTR / hobbit = 2 pins
    Star trek = 4 pins
    Star wars = 2 pins (soon to be 3?)
    Batman = 3 pins
    Spiderman = 2 pins plus a vault edition
    Iron man = 1 pin plus a vault edition

Only 2 other triology titles I can think of worthy are toy story and matrix (but do BTTF first)

Someone just needs to start a thread with concept ideas like the ghostbuster one (hey look, that finally happened even if all the ideas didn't get implimented)

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I had to look up which episode you were talking about, yea Darkness was incredible. That was an era when main actors simply did not die on television series. What a great use of Dust in the Wind.
    That episode totally changed the direction of that show.

I didn't want to spoil a 20 year old syndicated show that most people don't know exist.

It was also the mundane way it happened. It was just a normal guy, not one of the many enemies on the show and it happened 4 episodes into a 22 episode season. Crazy!

Man I love that show.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I didn't want to spoil a 20 year old syndicated show that most people don't know exist.
    It was also the mundane way it happened. It was just a normal guy, not one of the many enemies on the show and it happened 4 episodes into a 22 episode season. Crazy!
    Man I love that show.

Right before I was about to start a rewatch of the show it was pulled from Netflix. Hopefully it comes back some day soon.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

There's not a lot of horror themes being done today but I think it could work really well.

evildeadtrilogy_(resized).jpgevildeadtrilogy_(resized).jpg

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was looking at movies that came out this year

#72 7 years ago

I was looking forward to the possibility of Muppets. But after the butchered reboot TV series I think chances are slim at this point.

#73 7 years ago

Budgie

2755_(resized).jpg2755_(resized).jpg

#74 7 years ago

"Pack of Rats" multiball ......... Nuff said.................

Ben_poster_(resized).jpgBen_poster_(resized).jpg
    Willard_1971_(resized).jpgWillard_1971_(resized).jpg

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

"Pack of Rats" multiball.

WHOdunnit already has packs of rats covered.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

"Pack of Rats" multiball ......... Nuff said................

Willard it is! Saw it at the drive in when I was 10. Had a bunch of pet rats at that time myself.

He went on to be a big star after that.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Willard it is! Saw it at the drive in when I was 10. Had a bunch of pet rats at that time myself.
    He went on to be a big star after that.
    » YouTube video

Sandra Locke as well......Saw both movies at the drive-in myself. Loved taking the girlfriend to the scary stuff....guaranteed to get close when they were good and scared. Fun times! lol I gotta find those online somewhere and watch them again. The car and the girlfriend are long gone, so maybe I can pay attention to the movie this time around! Love watching these old cheesy movies.......

Have a fun drive-inn about a mile from my house, but sadly, there are very few modern movies I care to see anymore.

#78 7 years ago

Bruce Davison went on to do quite a bit after that. Including an inspired peformance on Live From Death Row and currently shows up on the series Kingdom, one of my favorite shows of the moment.

1 week later
    #79 7 years ago

I think Twin Peaks would be awesome, missed opportunity in the 90s, but now returning on Showtime in 2017.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I think Twin Peaks would be awesome, missed opportunity in the 90s, but now returning on Showtime in 2017.

I've thought about this a lot! There are so many cool design opportunities (red curtain blades, black and white zig-zag down the outlanes) and fun characters. The log lady could be on the DMD during attract mode saying weird things, and maybe she says something cryptic during the match game, from which a number is somehow derived. The lighting and game could change when you enter the black lodge - suddenly all the DMD text is reversed and the lights turn blood red. Pete keeps finding new mystery items in his percolator/other kitchen appliances ("there's an extra ball in the breadmaker!").

"Diane, I believe every ball is a new opportunity for success."

#81 7 years ago

Breaking Bad!!!!

#82 7 years ago

Rockband with DLC

3 weeks later
    #83 7 years ago

Don't Fear the Reaper Multiball

dont-fear-the-reaper-agents-of-fortune-blue-oyster-cult (resized).jpgdont-fear-the-reaper-agents-of-fortune-blue-oyster-cult (resized).jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-missed-theme-opportunities-well-see-in-the-future/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.