Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by flecom
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cherry Switches.pdf (PDF preview)
    20220807_193134 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

That's a standard Cherry DB3 microswitch with a unique actuator. Now owned by ZF.

You can find them online, sometimes on Amazon, and use your old actuator. Usually less than $3 US

Or use this chart to find a different one with similar specs.

Cherry Switches.pdfCherry Switches.pdf
    #19 1 year ago

I think he was providing background, not commenting on what you purchased.

But coincidently I have gone through almost dozen DB5's in short order. I have a Baywatch on location and the trough switch assembly was giving me fits.
    When I bought the machine the switch was bad, so I bought 2 assemblies from Marcos. They lasted a few weeks.
    I ordered more 2 from Marcos and they lasted about 2 days each.
    Since Marcos was out of stock, and to save a few bucks, I bought 4 naked DB5 switches from PBL. They each lasted about 2 days each.
    Then I bought 3 more full assemblies from PBL and I am on my second one already, after about 2 weeks.

The switches just stop working and/or the legs are falling off. I have been extremely careful on soldering and making there there is adequate slack on the wiring, as well as the physical installation. But I get he same results.

This switch gets more use and vibrations since it is installed on the shooter assembly, but I've not heard of this issue from other Baywatch owners.

Haven't had time to contact the vendors yet for such a small item, but they must have had a QA issue on the last batch sent to the US.

I posted the spec sheet earlier, as I found it while researching these switches and alternatives. But after replacing the switch a couple of times the plastic mount/washers don't hold well and needed to switch back to the assemblies.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsega-rollover-switch-right.html

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-microswitch-alternative?tu=Black_Knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.