(Topic ID: 110584)

Stern Meteor Sounds Distorted (SB-300) Fixed

By BallyPinWiz

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballypinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have a Stern Meteor that has been working fine until recently. A few weeks ago, I removed the soldered on battery from the MPU and connected a remote battery pack. A few games later, I noticed the sounds were distorted. Shortly after that, the game just wouldn't boot, even though I still got 7 flashes on the MPU.

Usually, when I experience a problem with an early solid state machine, I turn to RGP first. Fortunately for me, Andrew (barakandl) had written about the exact same problem over 3 years ago on RGP. And, to Andrew's credit, he was kind enough to post how he fixed the problem. I followed his lead and replaced both of the 5101 ICs and it fixed my problem. My Meteor is running great again.

I wanted to give Andrew a public thanks for posting his problems on RGP and for taking the time to post his fix. It certainly made the difference in this case!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 169.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Boards
Troxel Repair

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballypinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-meteor-sounds-distorted-sb-300-fixed?tu=ballypinwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.