• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by A_Bord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979
#1 5 years ago

Does anyone know were I can get a Meteor overlay? And I tried CPR and they never answer.

#2 5 years ago

CPR is not in the business of overlays. They do much much better than that.

Yves

#3 5 years ago

I don't think anyone does any playfield related stuff for Meteor right now. CPR is considering doing a run of playfields

#4 5 years ago

Ya I just got an email back and they said they never will.
What I don't understand is why none of these people who sell pinball parts or the ones that even make overlays or playfields why they won't consider doing this for the older machines that were very popular back then.

#5 5 years ago

There are multiple reasons for not doing new playfields for certain machines:

- Stern was never as popular as Bally or Gottlieb, in the 70's and 80's.
- Stern titles did not appeal as much to the young kids and thus some machines faded into oblivion.
- CPR is one of the rare companies that recreate playfields. It is a very difficult process and requires significant and heavy investments.
- CPR usually does run surveys to decide if a title will be run or re-run.
- CPR uses a set of designers and graphic artists to produce the computer artwork used for the inking process. If those artists do not see a need to produce Meteor, then it will not happen.

Now, you could try to find another playfield or restore the one that you own, using your own skills or by paying an artist to do it for you. It could be a less expensive proposition than running or even buying a new playfield from CPR (if it was available).

Go to artists supplies shops in your area and talk to the managers. They may know someone who needs some money and can work on your playfield. Then clear coat it .... et voila.

Yves

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from WindowMan:

Ya I just got an email back and they said they never will.
What I don't understand is why none of these people who sell pinball parts or the ones that even make overlays or playfields why they won't consider doing this for the older machines that were very popular back then.

When did you get the email? If you go to their website they are gauging interest for Meteor right now. Scroll to the bottom. Meteor is listed as OPEN.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#7 5 years ago

I have a pretty nice fully populated Meteor playfield if you want to upgrade yours. It's literally plug-and-play

#8 5 years ago

I also saw Galaxy on your collection. I also have a fully populated playfield of that title also.

3 years later
#9 1 year ago

I know I'm dragging an old thread up but I saw a Meteor at GSPF that had an overlay that had to have been professionally done. I'm cleaning up a nice original playfield and want to protect it. Does anyone know where I can obtain one. I have a new CPR playfield but I'm not going to use it right now since the playfield I am cleaning is coming out pretty nice. Thanks in advance!

#10 1 year ago

Pinbub This is the only one I found for Meteor... ebay.com link: itm

I guess they are cheaper direct from them https://www.beehivepinball.com/product/pinball-playshield-protector

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

I know I'm dragging an old thread up but I saw a Meteor at GSPF that had an overlay that had to have been professionally done. I'm cleaning up a nice original playfield and want to protect it. Does anyone know where I can obtain one. I have a new CPR playfield but I'm not going to use it right now since the playfield I am cleaning is coming out pretty nice. Thanks in advance!

https://www.beehivepinball.com/product/pinball-playshield-protector

I have this one. Works well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 169.00
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-meteor-playfield-overlay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.