IMG_2774.JPG
0428130939.jpg
0428130939a.jpg
Metallica_666.jpg
image.jpg
met2.jpg
met_1.jpg
screen-capture-18.png
There are 766 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
#301 11 years ago

I just did a quick search on eBay and got 200K (KISS) vs 20K (Metallica) vs 80K (AC/DC) items available. Seems like there would be big demand for KISS.

#302 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

This part:
In Stern's eye the beauty of a license like AC/DC is that there are plenty of AC/DC fans who might not be in the market for a pinball machine—but who are crazy enough about the band and, in the case of older fans, have enough income and space to pony up for a machine just because it's AC/DC. "[If] you slap Ted Nugent" on the side of a machine, says Zespy, "or Kiss, it's so much more expensive, because you just opened up a whole 'nother collector's market that maybe wasn't into pinball, but they're that completist. They say, 'I need everything with Ted Nugent on it. Holy shit there's a pinball,' and that ends up being the crowning piece of their collection."
I just get the impression that there are more KISS collectors who want every toy and poster and figure than there are fanatical Metallica collectors.

My guess is he was using those as an example since they already have machines. I think youre reaching.

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I just did a quick search on eBay and got 200K (KISS) vs 20K (Metallica) vs 80K (AC/DC) items available. Seems like there would be big demand for KISS.

That's not as much a measure of popularity as it is evidence that KISS are merchandising whores.... They've put their name to everything you can imagine... no other band comes close to KISS's marketing.

#304 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I think Kiss would sell. I think Metallica will sell.

The question is which one will be Sterns next game.

#305 11 years ago

Kiss

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Edited redundant text.

#306 11 years ago

I heard from an insider it will be Metallica. I guess we'll find out if my inside sources are any good or not.

p.s. Kiss sucks

p.p.s. Just kidding, calm down.

p.p.p.s Kiss sucks

#307 11 years ago

BOTH would sell. Metallica is more popular in Europe and possibly globally. Stern looks at. International sales.

Kiss probably wanted too much for the license.

Rock and pins just rule in my universe. Im in on an LE for either.

#308 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Hard to argue with cold facts like that. Depresses me to hear though; I really want Stern to move to some of the newer and younger bands. I will keep pushing for a battle of the grunge bands theme (Nirvana vs. Pearl Jam vs. STP vs. Offspring vs. Sublime) . . . stick them all together in one mega battle of the bands theme and run LE's off each different band so people get their favorite. Would be awesome and only Nirvana may be tough to license . . . and I've heard they are getting easier to deal with.

#309 11 years ago

. bobfront.jpgbobfront.jpg

#310 11 years ago

Either title is a possible want but impossible buy from the wonderful design/program team at bat.

#311 11 years ago

Metallica all the way, if its done like a acdc with full songs. Kiss could have a awesome looking playfield but there songs i dont think could be as integrated as metallica. Steve Ritchie and Lyman would have to be on this one to knock it out of the park. Stern has to step up its game. JJP hit a homerun with woz. The game changer for stern is Ritchie and Sheets. Bring your A game and give us ride the lighting!

#312 11 years ago

Hard to call WOZ a home run when it's not even released yet...

I'm in for Metallica, out for Kiss. Hoping for something more like GNR than ACDC - I don't think we need another game with full songs. (ESPECIALLY if it's Metallica. They're just too long.)

#313 11 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Metallica all the way, if its done like a acdc with full songs. Kiss could have a awesome looking playfield but there songs i dont think could be as integrated as metallica. Steve Ritchie and Lyman would have to be on this one to knock it out of the park. Stern has to step up its game. JJP hit a homerun with woz. The game changer for stern is Ritchie and Sheets. Bring your A game and give us ride the lighting!

Agreed. Maybe Jersey Jack got KISS. The LCD screen would look sweet.

#314 11 years ago

JJP doing a music pin... now that would be interesting!!

#315 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

JJP doing a music pin... now that would be interesting!!

I'd be scared of JJP picking a theme for a music pin. He has made it very clear he wants to do family friendly games (lets face it the Hobbit is far lighter than LOTR). I'd be worried he would do a teenie bopper group; I'm serious . . . not making fun of his themes, they are just family friendly.

Music pins need that dark edge to them in my view.

#316 11 years ago

Metallica, Led Zeppelin or Rush I would be powerless not to buy. Anything else, nawww.

Todd

#317 11 years ago

JJP would do the Sound of Music. Just had to go there!

#318 11 years ago
Quoted from TG:

Metallica, Led Zeppelin or Rush I would be powerless not to buy. Anything else, nawww.
Todd

What about the prince of darkness?....OZZY!!!!

#319 11 years ago

I think KISS LE's would sell well and be a good investment. However if they got Kiss its probably not the coveted KISS with ACE and PETER, but the new KISS that well I just do not see a clamoring for if it is the new KISS

Gene Simmons Tongue Ramp that raises and lowers would be awesome!!!

Metallica - Awesome though this design team is horrible and honestly I'm not sure I can do another LE or not sure how many other people can afford another LE after AC/DC and Avengers.

THE DESIGN TEAM SHOULD BE FIXING X-MEN!!! Put Borg back with Lyman and we will get a great game

#321 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd be scared of JJP picking a theme for a music pin. He has made it very clear he wants to do family friendly games (lets face it the Hobbit is far lighter than LOTR). I'd be worried he would do a teenie bopper group; I'm serious . . . not making fun of his themes, they are just family friendly.
Music pins need that dark edge to them in my view.

Hmm family theme to start with but with a game that has 7 speakers.... Oh baby this would be the best sounding music pin ever made..

#322 11 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

What about the prince of darkness?....OZZY!!!!

Okay, Ozzy would be sweet too.

Todd

#323 11 years ago

AEROSMITH

#324 11 years ago

Some kind of monster was the end of all credibility, while Dave Mustaine continued the course!

#325 11 years ago

One Stern Programmer has let the words GAGA past his lips before.

#326 11 years ago

You make me a pinball, and I'll make sure it rocks!

lemmy-kilmister.giflemmy-kilmister.gif

#327 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some kind of monster was the end of all credibility, while Dave Mustaine continued the course!

The course of what? Being a complete lunatic?

1 month later
#328 11 years ago

Fb post today more than confirms its still Metallica. Hearing end of month for announcement.

#329 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Fb post today more than confirms its still Metallica. Hearing end of month for announcement.

Damn now that Stern produced a solid update for XM I may need to make room & cash to add this to the collection. I'll have to play it first and confirm it has mostly older songs on it though hopefully at one of the expos. Is it pretty much confirmed to be a Borg/Lyman project?

#330 11 years ago

I don't see anything on the fb page that makes me think that.. What did you see?

#331 11 years ago

i posted this earlier in another thread but jody dankberg of stern said on the radio today that the next pin will be music based and the one after that will be sci-fi based. he also said they are working on six different pins at this time.

#332 11 years ago
Quoted from sixstring:

i posted this earlier in another thread but jody dankberg of stern said on the radio today that the next pin will be music based and the one after that will be sci-fi based. he also said they are working on six different pins at this time.

Yes metallica, star trek and four models of the pin

#333 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I don't see anything on the fb page that makes me think that.. What did you see?

A new photo with a Metallica image.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-stern-clue-does-anyone-recognize-this-artwork-on-stern-facebook

#335 11 years ago

Greg Freres art inspired by Pushead.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#336 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Damn now that Stern produced a solid update for XM I may need to make room & cash to add this to the collection. I'll have to play it first and confirm it has mostly older songs on it though hopefully at one of the expos. Is it pretty much confirmed to be a Borg/Lyman project?

Borg/Lyman been saying this for months ........

#337 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Thanks for the confirmation can't wait to see what they come up with art looks like it could be pretty damn cool. I hope they have a Premium model like they did with AC/DC!

#338 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Greg Freres art inspired by Pushead.

That art is NOT Greg Freres or Pushead, in case people are thinking it is. Someone in another head posted the source of that art, and it's been around since Load. It is Metallica, but it has nothing to do with the pin.

#339 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I hope they have a Premium model like they did with AC/DC!

Not the one like they have with Avengers..

#340 11 years ago
Quoted from sixstring:

he also said they are working on six different pins at this time.

most likely this does not mean 6 FUTURE pins are in development, but includes current production (Avengers code still being worked on, possibly a Premium, xmen rumored run, etc).

#341 11 years ago

1998 Poster

metallica-gimme-fuel-poster.jpgmetallica-gimme-fuel-poster.jpg

#342 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

most likely this does not mean 6 FUTURE pins are in development, but includes current production (Avengers code still being worked on, possibly a Premium, xmen rumored run, etc).

I mean, they are definitely working on six pins. X-Men, Transformers, AC/DC, Avengers, Metallica, Star Trek. Unless I'm leaving stuff out, I think games they are still doing code updates constitutes being labelled as "working on".

#343 11 years ago

Journey for me....the rest, not interested...its a shame they laid a turd with RS...

#344 11 years ago

And I'd be all over the Eagles or Elton John...a new Captain Wizard!

#345 11 years ago

I'm in for a Monkees

#346 11 years ago

With full episodes on LCD

#347 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

That art is NOT Greg Freres or Pushead, in case people are thinking it is. Someone in another head posted the source of that art, and it's been around since Load. It is Metallica, but it has nothing to do with the pin.

That poster looks like a Dirty Donny take on it. Pushead or Dirty Donny style is the way they are going with it.

But Greg Freres is working on the art package in some way, shape or form.

#348 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Lyman is leading the software team I'm told, with others. It was Lyman's rotation in the game que. Hence Star Trek will be Lonnie.

#349 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Lyman is leading the software team I'm told, with others. It was Lyman's rotation in the game que. Hence Star Trek will be Lonnie.

Lonnie just did Avengers, what about Waison in the rotation?

#350 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Lonnie just did Avengers, what about Waison in the rotation?

He got rotated to bathroom attendant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 766 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-metallica/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.