IMG_2774.JPG
0428130939.jpg
0428130939a.jpg
Metallica_666.jpg
image.jpg
met2.jpg
met_1.jpg
screen-capture-18.png
There are 766 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
#201 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

If they do another layout like WOZ/TSPP style..I'm out 100 percent...F that..
I do love TSPP, but more for the rules than the layout. It's a thinking game, and very tough to pull off some of the deeper things in the game, and stacking is fun...
I will actually be selling my HUO TSPP to get Hobbit...if it looks good that is..

I could only HOPE it's more like TSPP than WOZ. The way TSPP's shots link...A, to B, to C...sure there's some stop - but it flows in its own way. All very satisfying shots, IMO....and it has drop targets lol. TSPP > WOZ IMO. The next JJP needs more ramps, divertors for multiple paths, drops that reveal stuff, subways, and some "magic" features...not just maquette toys and building sculptures.

#202 11 years ago

I wish stern would just start putting out rock pins and give the movie/super hero pins a rest. So many classic bands to pick from including my favorite Van Halen.

#203 11 years ago

This pin's excitement for me depends 100% on the song choices. If it's new Metallica, I'm completely out. Now if it's Kill 'Em All / Ride the Lightning Metallica? I'm in! Like I hate being that guy, because I really do like them, but to me almost all of AC/DC's songs sound the same or very similar. It kind of takes me out of playing AC/DC. I feel like Metallica changed up some of their stuff enough in their years up to Black Album that it could be pretty good if the song choices are right. But we'll have to wait and see.

#204 11 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

This pin's excitement for me depends 100% on the song choices. If it's new Metallica, I'm completely out. Now if it's Kill 'Em All / Ride the Lightning Metallica? I'm in! Like I hate being that guy, because I really do like them, but to me almost all of AC/DC's songs sound the same or very similar. It kind of takes me out of playing AC/DC. I feel like Metallica changed up some of their stuff enough in their years up to Black Album that it could be pretty good if the song choices are right. But we'll have to wait and see.

I'm betting it'll be similar to their recent concerts, a good mix of old and new, minus Load/Reload/St Anger. Which would be just fine by me. I just want at least one song from Kill 'Em All. Or better yet, some "Kill 'Em All" Pop Bumpers!

#205 11 years ago

Fade to black multiball - where all the lights dim out and you play with glow in the dark powerball with just some black lights on the playfield...hell yeah im in.

#206 11 years ago

And justice for all Multiball - you have to load a ball on each side of a scale - then the third ball tips the scale starting that album multiball

220px-Metallica_-_.And_Justice_for_All.jpg220px-Metallica_-_.And_Justice_for_All.jpg

#207 11 years ago

Ride The Lightning loop shot.

#208 11 years ago

with an electric chair in the middle of the playfield that uses a tesla coil to hit the ball with lightning bolts as it hits each spinner.. Stern let me know when you want to hire me - I'll send my extensive design resume over

#209 11 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

And justice for all Multiball - you have to load a ball on each side of a scale - then the third ball tips the scale starting that album multiball

Very cool. Dunno if they'll go w/ the same "full song" concept as AC/DC or mix things up based on modes and whatnot. I hope they can use "One" in the game somehow...but most of the song is pretty slow. I think the slow part would be great for "Game Over" music.

#210 11 years ago

They will use One some how - Metallic ends almost every show with that song and some crazy pyro technics - with the entire war/battle sounds etc - could be very cool - but yeh a lot of their songs are long and are more composed then other rock bands.

#211 11 years ago

Use that guitar riff from the beginning of seek and destroy - while the ball is in the shooter lane..its perfect just repeat it right before the words begin.

:40 sec and repeat - boom done, this is easy to make a pinball machine

only 7 million views

#212 11 years ago

I did...offered it here for 2k and no one wanted it...even had the original back glass and not the CPR glass.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rare-geiger-miss-world-pinball-machine

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

find one for cheaper.

#213 11 years ago

How about sanitarium multiball, where the buttons swapbwht flipper they control

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

CaptainNeo said:
find one for cheaper.

I did...offered it here for 2k and no one wanted it...even had the original back glass and not the CPR glass.

I would love to find one just to post it on here for the 500$ worth of play it is and crush Neo's dreams

Sorry man

#215 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG Steve unleashed...with Greg Freres helping him with design AND art (YES...design and art influencing each other for a true cohesive package!!!) ...AND the new system...I really think it's going to be beyond epic. I hope Stern doesn't bump up the price to 10k though.

This is the one that excites me for 2013

Almost thinking of reserving a LE spot in advance, subject to pictures etc etc.

#216 11 years ago

Actually the original Kiss is probably worth WAY more that the Miss World conversion.

He keeps saying there only 4 know to exist. The real story is there 150 kits but only 4 original back glasses survived. I had one of those 4, still wasn't worth more than a couple grand..his has the CPR repo glass

Maybe I should have had $18,000 worth of air brush done to the cab.

It not really that big of deal...ask what ya want. But when all he bitches about is Stern's 'overpriced' games...and he's trying to sell a 2k game for 20k...it gets a tad annoying

Now back to Metallica...
I'm gonna have to say I'll buy the LE sight unseen. Can't wait to see the artwork

Quoted from PEN:

I would love to find one just to post it on here for the 500$ worth of play it is and crush Neo's dreams
Sorry man

#217 11 years ago

Now back to Metallica...
I'm gonna have to say I'll buy the LE sight unseen. Can't wait to see the artwork

Greg Freres is doing some of the art on Borg's pin. (some not all)

#218 11 years ago

I been saving up for this pin for years... f'n a

2 weeks later
#219 11 years ago

Slaves
Hebrews born to serve, to the pharaoh
Heed
To his every word, live in fear
Faith
Of the unknown one, the deliverer
Wait
Something must be done, four hundred years

So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm sent here by the chosen one
So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharaoh's son
I'm creeping death

Now
Let my people go, land of Goshen
Go
I will be with thee, bush of fire
Blood
Running red and strong down the Nile
Plague
Darkness three days long, hail to fire

So let it be written
So let it be done
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm creeping death

Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first-born man
Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first-born man

I
Rule the midnight air, the destroyer
Born
I shall soon be there, deadly mass
I
Creep the steps and floor, final darkness
Blood
Lambs blood painted door, I shall pass

So let it be written
So let it be done
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm creeping death

#220 11 years ago

\m/

#221 11 years ago

Any fans of Metallica here? You owe it yourself to watch this in hd.

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

» YouTube video

Thats cool, thanks for sharing!

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

That was certainly worth 10 minutes--thanks! One of my favorite Metallica tracks at full length with HD animated National Geographic deep space astronomy imagery? Just click and crank! Hadn't heard this one in too long. Really awesome video for a truly epic song.

Stern should try to get Slash to be a special consultant for this one! You know he'd do it. And it's got to be another Ritchie/Sheats!

There has to be some audio somewhere in the game of Lars whining, even if it's just an easter egg. If they had any sense of humor at all they'd include some Napster reference, but I'd be shocked if the band would collectively allow it.

#224 11 years ago

Nice Custom:
metallicapinball.jpgmetallicapinball.jpg

1 week later
#225 11 years ago

As far as marketing and appeal:

Did some quick research.
Facebook Likes.

Eminem 64 Million
Michael Jackson 54 Million
Beatles 30.5 million
Metallica 28 Million
AC/DC 22 Million
Snoop Dogg 22 Million
Pink Floyd 20.3 Million
Guns n Roses 19 Million
Rolling Stones 11.6 Million
KISS 7.7 Million
Iron Maiden 7.5 Million
Led Zeppelin 7.3 Million
Elvis 6.9 Million
Black Sabbath 6 Million

#226 11 years ago

How cool would it be if the start of a new game, maybe on ball 1 only, started with 'The Ecstacy of Gold' until you made a few shots and then the band actually came out and the 'show'/real music begins?

Metallica has been using this track from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly as lead in music in their concerts for years and years now.

#227 11 years ago

I LOVED this band in high school and college. Now I'm like, Meh. Not a title I'd rush out to buy. Now Van Halen or Rush, that would be a different story It does have a lot of potential IF they do it right however.

#228 11 years ago

Metallica? Please, no....unless it has modes based upon that Some Kind of Monster movie:

Drunken Lars Art Auction Mode
Phil Towle Sucks Money from the Band Mode
Lars vs. Shawn Fanning Video Mode

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Did some quick research.
Facebook Likes.

Eminem 64 Million
Michael Jackson 54 Million
Beatles 30.5 million
Metallica 28 Million
AC/DC 22 Million
Snoop Dogg 22 Million
Pink Floyd 20.3 Million
Guns n Roses 19 Million
Rolling Stones 11.6 Million
KISS 7.7 Million
Iron Maiden 7.5 Million
Led Zeppelin 7.3 Million
Elvis 6.9 Million
Black Sabbath 6 Million

that's pretty interesting. I don't know that eminem is a wide enough audience, but an MJ pin would probably actually do fairly well (beatles would too, but no idea what the license would cost, if the estate would even be willing to license a beatles pin)

1 week later
#230 11 years ago

EX MORTIS!

#231 11 years ago

Whiplash multiball!

#232 11 years ago

good news but if rules are bad and not finished same than Xmen, Transformer.. ACDC should be number 1 for a long time.
Steve is the best with Lyman

#233 11 years ago

Do you think it will be like GNR with all the cool early songs, or will it be Black album city with no mention of Cliff?

#234 11 years ago

Gnr featured cool early songs because thats when it came out. There was no spaghetti incident or Chinese democracy then.

Also Metallica ends all concerts with seek and destroy not one. One is usually in the middle.

Look for Trujillo only, no burton or newsted.

#235 11 years ago

I meant Trujillo on the artwork not just his songs. The game would likely model metallics recent concert playlists which is about 75% older stuff so not to worry.

#236 11 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Gnr featured cool early songs because thats when it came out.

I saw GNR play those cool early songs (1st album) in 1987. The machine came out in the mid 90s after several albums and band member changes. Note- three of the band members on the machine were not involved with the songs on the machine. Which is why I question what they will do with Metallica.

#237 11 years ago

Sorry I didn't realize you weren't including use your illusions in cool early songs.

#238 11 years ago

Can someone summarize what we know so far about Metallica pin? Borg, Greg F on art, software? Eta?

Thanks!

#239 11 years ago

We know nothing lol. Just talk and wishful thinking.

#240 11 years ago

With the Texas Pin Festival coming in March , I Figure a New Stern should be the Main Attraction ..

AC/DC was the Attraction there Last Yr !!

#241 11 years ago

Sure. It will be avengers...

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Metallica is tired would realy like to see a slayer or Venom pin personaly. i think someone already made a custom metallica pin already BTW

I would love a venom pin that would be beyond awesome. even though they are my fave band then fan base is to small. baphomet on a on a back glass would be a sight to behold .

#243 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

To this day, I swear that when Metallica is playing, I can can lift 25% more weight in the gym. Something about them just feels like RAW POWER.
Metallica pin? Hell, yeah. I will pay my money today. Gary?

That's a fact!

#244 11 years ago

I heard Metallica is not definite but probable.

It may end up being KISS though Borg does not like Kiss

#245 11 years ago

I hope it's Borg doing a Kiss pin, I'd be in for one of each of the LE's unless Waison is on code.

#246 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I heard Metallica is not definite but probable.
It may end up being KISS though Borg does not like Kiss

At this point it will be released in a few months, no way the theme is still up in the air.

#247 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

that's pretty interesting. I don't know that eminem is a wide enough audience, but an MJ pin would probably actually do fairly well (beatles would too, but no idea what the license would cost, if the estate would even be willing to license a beatles pin)

I would totally buy an MJ pin. Captain EO was one of our kids' favorite rides at Disney, and The Michael Jackson experience on Kinect is actually a lot of fun.

Also, don't forget:

Lady Gaga: 54.8 million likes

;p

#248 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

At this point it will be released in a few months, no way the theme is still up in the air.

What is the record for Stern on pins released before earlier one is completed? Not sure if you would count TF or X-Men in this discussion as I have not kept up with the TF threads.

(PS - I am NOT considering WOF as that was completed with a middle finger from Gary Stern as the wizard mode)

#249 11 years ago

I really like the And Justice for All multiball suggestion. That is really cool!

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from ttam23:

I would love a venom pin that would be beyond awesome. even though they are my fave band then fan base is to small. baphomet on a on a back glass would be a sight to behold .

Lay down your souls to the Gods rock 'n roll!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 766 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-metallica/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.