IMG_2774.JPG
0428130939.jpg
0428130939a.jpg
Metallica_666.jpg
image.jpg
met2.jpg
met_1.jpg
screen-capture-18.png
There are 766 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.
#651 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Brendan Small voice of Sparky.

That's what I have been doing too. Looking for and listening to voice samples.

#652 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

(although I disabled mine on Tron...better gameplay without them, IMO).

You did What!

#653 11 years ago

I agree! I think Tron plays better with the post disabled.

#654 11 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

With a little Scared Stiff in there....

Ya man exacly,i just c'ant wait to play that one...MONSTER PIN that one!!!

Damn right! But I think this Metallica pin is gonna be great. Lots of cool things to do. Nice layout. Looking forward to playing it, even though I won't be owning it.

#655 11 years ago

Its been 4 games since we have seen horrible movie clips in a game. Keep it up Stern!

#656 11 years ago

Just bought a MOP LE. Not a fan of the band but the pin looks like a winner.

#657 11 years ago

Yea I am not the biggest Metallica fan, I wasn't going to purchase a MOPLE either. But that art package, sparky and the backglass. Wow. Dirty donny is awesome, oh and the PF looks great too haha. I'm in.

#658 11 years ago

Meanwhile, I'm a huge fan and MoP is pretty much my all-time favorite album, and I can't find an LE to save my life.

1 week later
#659 10 years ago

Hey guys and gals first post here. First off Im a huge Metallica fan ever since I say Metallica open for Ozzy in 1985. I have never owned a pin before, but I could not pass up a chance to own an LE and got it. I still have over 20+ posters and picture discs of Metallica from my headbanging days and this pin is going to be the centerpiece of my new house and should be epic. Personally would rather this game had more of a metal feel, think PusHead art, over the cartoon look, but Im not going to complain and will be playing this baby for hours!

#660 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hey guys and gals first post here. First off Im a huge Metallica fan ever since I say Metallica open for Ozzy in 1985. I have never owned a pin before, but I could not pass up a chance to own an LE and got it. Im not going to complain and will be playing this baby for hours!

It's AWESOME you got one - better you than these douchebags who buy multiples and sit on them.
I saw them in 89 or 90, 91 or 92 and two or three years ago from second freakin row!!!

Yeah sure my memory for dates blows but not as bad as the hoarders do...

#661 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hey guys and gals first post here. First off Im a huge Metallica fan ever since I say Metallica open for Ozzy in 1985. I have never owned a pin before, but I could not pass up a chance to own an LE and got it. I still have over 20+ posters and picture discs of Metallica from my headbanging days and this pin is going to be the centerpiece of my new house and should be epic. Personally would rather this game had more of a metal feel, think PusHead art, over the cartoon look, but Im not going to complain and will be playing this baby for hours!

congrats and enjoy

#662 10 years ago

"" I have never owned a pin before, but I could not pass up a chance to own an LE and got it."
Congrats Roostking and once you get that and enjoy it ,that will start a Fever of Pinballing you can't stop and you will find yourself wanting More!!! Enjoy and welcome

#663 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!! To be honest, Ive started thinking that it might be better to get some classic video games and some other pins, instead of the pool table I was thinking about. I have a feeling I know which direction you guys would go lol!

Thanks again!

#664 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!! To be honest, Ive started thinking that it might be better to get some classic video games and some other pins, instead of the pool table I was thinking about. I have a feeling I know which direction you guys would go lol!
Thanks again!

Congrats ! Did you get it from a dealer or the Metclub ?

#665 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Welcome! I thought the same thing as far as the art goes. But for me, knowing that the band selected Donny for the project makes it OK. This is the vision that they wanted, so that's cool with me.

And you're right, a bank of pins is way cooler than a pool table!

To Others: I think this machine is going to bring in more new and returning players than any other machine in recent history. Sure, Avengers has way more wide-spread appeal, but Metallica fans are, uh... fanatics! Those fanatics will search this thing out. Should be cool!

#666 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks again!

Obviously, I'd like to sway you toward the pins, but if you go the video game route, you'll enjoy that much more than a pool table. I've got tons of friends who have pool tables, and not one of
them ever plays them unless they've got buddies over.

#667 10 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Thanks again!

Yeah, arcades are a lot like that pool table. They are fun with friends, but when it is just you, PINBALL RULES!!! That said, I have 9 video arcades as well as my pins...

#668 10 years ago

Am I evil?! Yes I am!!!

Metallica_666.jpgMetallica_666.jpg

#669 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Meanwhile, I'm a huge fan and MoP is pretty much my all-time favorite album, and I can't find an LE to save my life.

The game hype seems to already be dying down a bit. There are more AC/DC topics now in the last seven days than MET topics. Also, some of the speculators that are buddies with distributors who bought multiples haven't had to pay for them yet, my guess is when they actually do have to cough up cash some distros that don't have stock now will suddenly have stock available.

As always, stay patient. You'll eventually get what you want at a fair price (I don't know what that is exactly but I know it isn't what the flippers were asking for the machine the day after the sell out).

#670 10 years ago

Hype seems to have died down because we don't even have a game play video yet. This game has huge potential, we could be looking at lots of threads for a very long time.

#671 10 years ago

You will grow into the Dirty Donny art; it ages well. And your headbanging will evolve into headbanging against the cubicle wall. Congrats, and I hope you love the game.

EDIT: wait, 1985 you say? Well then you're as old as I am...which is, old.

Quoted from Roostking:

#672 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

And yet people who don't even know the band have snapped up many LE's..
Such a shame really..

#673 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Your post gives us a bit of fresh air! Good to know there are real fans that will **play** the LE!

#674 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

And yet people who don't even know the band have snapped up many LE's..
Such a shame really..

Why? isn't it good for pinball if there selling games to non pinball people.

#675 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Why? isn't it good for pinball if there selling games to non pinball people.

Sorry Peter, if you haven't watched every episode of Baywatch, you shouldn't be owning a Baywatch pinball regardless of how much you've heard it's a great game and all.

#676 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Congrats ! Did you get it from a dealer or the Metclub ?

My buddy got ours through a dealer, not exactly sure who. In Dec, he told me to send him the money and he would put the order in as soon as they called him.

#677 10 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Welcome! I thought the same thing as far as the art goes. But for me, knowing that the band selected Donny for the project makes it OK. This is the vision that they wanted, so that's cool with me.
And you're right, a bank of pins is way cooler than a pool table!
To Others: I think this machine is going to bring in more new and returning players than any other machine in recent history. Sure, Avengers has way more wide-spread appeal, but Metallica fans are, uh... fanatics! Those fanatics will search this thing out. Should be cool!

I have a feeling your right. Once the pin is actually sitting in front of me and I can see how all the artwork ties together, im sure any reservations I may have had will fly out of the window..

#678 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have a feeling your right. Once the pin is actually sitting in front of me and I can see how all the artwork ties together, im sure any reservations I may have had will fly out of the window..

Just wait until you start playing. You are going to want to add another game within six months. Most pinheads start out saying how nice it would be to get one machine. The only problem is that you cannot stop at one once you are indoctrinated. Pinball will be your worst addiction ever!

#679 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks again!

Nice. I feel this pin could pull in many previous non pinball owners. I started a year and half ago and over 15 have come and gone. Music pins are by far my friends and family favorite.

Pool tables such a waste of space! Kills me every time I see a pool table in a home theater room.

Would like to see a pic of your met memorabilia.

#680 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The game hype seems to already be dying down a bit.

That's because Stern cut off providing new information.

#681 10 years ago

here are a couple of pics from the "Metal Massacre",compilation LP, released in 1982

0428130939a.jpg0428130939a.jpg 0428130939.jpg0428130939.jpg

#682 10 years ago

If it shoots like my XM I will be a seller in the first month. If it shoots like acdc I will patiently wait for code updates and play the hell out of it regardless. I hope it really rocks and flows, like acdc , as the dirty donny premium looks so cool - I could see getting one of those for the office

There is a trove here on Pinside about acdc problems at release. If MET follows the same path as acdc then it will have the really cool software with all features by October or so of 2014. I just want it to flow and not brick while we wait for full featured code. We don't have any reason to expect the code on this one to be more complete than acdc at release, do we?

#683 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just wait until you start playing. You are going to want to add another game within six months. Most pinheads start out saying how nice it would be to get one machine. The only problem is that you cannot stop at one once you are indoctrinated. Pinball will be your worst addiction ever!

As i always say, getting your first machine is like getting a pregnant rabbit for a pet. More will follow.

#684 10 years ago

vintage vinyl

IMG_2774.JPGIMG_2774.JPG

#685 10 years ago

Which Creeping Death Album is it ? Made in England or France and which Color Vinyl ? I have made In France 12KUT112 see through Blue 1984 first Album I ever bought from them and it was due to the album art . Never heard them until that album and the rest is history

#686 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Nice. I feel this pin could pull in many previous non pinball owners. I started a year and half ago and over 15 have come and gone. Music pins are by far my friends and family favorite.
Pool tables such a waste of space! Kills me every time I see a pool table in a home theater room.

Weren't like 7 of those AC/DC's?

#688 10 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

here are a couple of pics from the "Metal Massacre",compilation LP, released in 1982

Very nice! These are usually trashed beyond belief! Also of note for the inclusion of Ratt and Bitch.

#689 10 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

grh450 said:

Very nice! These are usually trashed beyond belief! Also of note for the inclusion of Ratt and Bitch.

earliest vinyl recorded material I have, by the band...31 years ago!!!

#692 10 years ago

Primus sucks!

#693 10 years ago

Southbound pachyderm. I can see it now. Just like BBH. Here elephant moves across the playfield

Chris

#694 10 years ago

I hope we get some video this week. Or even a notice of pros shipping.

#695 10 years ago

I guess we are not going to see one in Allentown?

#696 10 years ago

a few guitar picks from the band

gpa-13.jpggpa-13.jpg gpa-12.jpggpa-12.jpg gpa-14.jpggpa-14.jpg gpa-15.jpggpa-15.jpg

#697 10 years ago

You never showed me those when I was over Bill!

#698 10 years ago

Ben,
I forgot
concussion symptoms from the mosh pits.

#699 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I guess we are not going to see one in Allentown?

i'm hoping, if it ships/ready from the factory tomorrow, that leaves a couple days to make it to Allentown. Maybe a chance??

#700 10 years ago

Game currently running via pinmame. Dots are greta!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 149.00
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 766 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-metallica/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.