Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Baiter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you like Stern's current marketing model ?”

• Yes 52 votes
      32%
    • No 113 votes
      68%

(165 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-8-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 9 years ago

Not sure why this is even being discussed...

Stern makes the Pro for Route Operators. Best bang for the buck and no competitors in the same price range.
    Stern makes the LE version for the home collectors. The same home collectors who paid a lot for Metallica LE when it was released and in short supply, and (some would argue) drove up the price.
    Personally, my preference is the Premium model.
    I was annoyed when I heard that Stern wouldn't be making a Premium version for every new title at first, but then it occurred to me: they're only going to run Premium versions if they think there will be a big demand for them.

At the end of the day, this is best for everyone. Ops can buy cheaper versions for their route. Collectors can buy pins without full code, and sit on them until that code has been completed, hoping it will turn out. If it's great, their purchase may go up in value. They are taking a risk though so hopefully they're fans on the theme and not just speculators.
    The last option is more my speed: once the code is well developed, and the game is a hit, Stern announces a Premium version and I get to buy one.

By not running a Premium for every model, they protect the distributors and they protect themselves. If a title is a dud, who can afford to sit on even a few of these things when the profit margin is so slim?

Lastly, regarding your comments about how the Pro should have all the playability of the LE...
    Quit your whining. A "full" pinball costs more than the Pro model. If you have a "Pro budget", you should be happy to have the opportunity to be able to get a NIB pin at all. Besides, if the Pro played the same as the LE, how would Stern justify charging an extra $2000+?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-marketing-model-pro-premium-le-and-mods?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.