(Topic ID: 322473)

Stern making any more Elvira HOH

By beepbeep

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

HI all just wondering if anyone officially knows if Stern plans to make any more Elvira HOH Premium machines? I haven't heard or seen anything on the forum showing if this is the case or not but any info would be helpful, currently in the market for one. I would prefer new but also would be interested in used if they are not making anymore. Thanks in advance.

#2 1 year ago

Yes, more are being made very soon.
    It is currently slated for production in November.

We are a dealer and taking pre-orders with a $500 deposit.

The problem is however you may run into. It is unclear yet how many myself or any dealer will be receiving from
    this build so if most dealers are like myself....we have a long wait list for this title as it hasn't been built last since 2021.
    With that being said, I feel it is doubtful if I was to take your pre-order you would receive it from the November
    build. You may very well be falling in place for the next build that is unscheduled yet.....maybe late 2023?
    The future is uncertain with that title.

2 months later
    #3 1 year ago

They did not actually build any in November 2022, and this has been known for a long time. I put a down payment early last year, and I recently received an updated invoice which implied that Feb 28th 2023 would be when my machine is available, and the price has climbed from 8,799 to 10,500 which is a 19% price increase which I am expected to eat. Stern has not updated the price on their website, it is still listed as 8,799 as of 14 Dec 2022.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from welchwarlock:

They did not actually build any in November 2022, and this has been known for a long time. I put a down payment early last year, and I recently received an updated invoice which implied that Feb 28th 2023 would be when my machine is available, and the price has climbed from 8,799 to 10,500 which is a 19% price increase which I am expected to eat. Stern has not updated the price on their website, it is still listed as 8,799 as of 14 Dec 2022.

The game is cool, but no where near worth that much. I get that Stern can't honor 8799 when a cornerstone premium is 9699 starting Jan 1, but it sure does sting for potential buyers.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The game is cool, but no where near worth that much.

That can be said for a lot of pins. Current market values for NIB and popular games trading second hand seem to reflect it is so Stern will likely sell every one.

#6 1 year ago

I have one on order also with an initial mid-8's purchase price. If it comes in (if it ever comes in) and the price goes to the 10's, I will most likely be reneging on the purchase.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I have one on order also with an initial mid-8's purchase price. If it comes in (if it ever comes in) and the price goes to the 10's, I will most likely be reneging on the purchase.

It's 10.5 apparently.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from welchwarlock:

I am looking into legal options or perhaps contacting congressmen in my state and Chigago to see if this is a promissory estoppel thing or if there is any consumer protections that can end this crap. I'm fed up with Sterns scummy business model.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

I am looking into legal options or perhaps contacting congressmen in my state and Chigago to see if this is a promissory estoppel thing or if there is any consumer protections that can end this crap. I'm fed up with Sterns scummy business model.

Not clear what you are fighting but good luck.
    Remember you can choose not to buy these things.
    If you are upset you can sell them too.

#10 1 year ago

When deposits are made at an agreed upon price it's gets sticky.

One can argue (I believe) that by not honoring the agreed upon price this did financial harm to the consumer.

Where am I going? There needs to be a change and without prodding it won't happen.

If this looks like legal trouble for those taking deposits maybe THOSE people can get up the manufacturers asses and facilitate some consumer friendly business practices.

#11 1 year ago

Are the deposits refundable?

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

One can argue (I believe) that by not honoring the agreed upon price this did financial harm to the consumer.
    Where am I going? There needs to be a change and without prodding it won't happen.
    If this looks like legal trouble for those taking deposits maybe THOSE people can get up the manufacturers asses and facilitate some consumer friendly business practices.

Good luck with that on a “Luxuary” item no one force you to buy nor you need it to survive.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

Hilarious

Noobs say the darndest things

By the way, “Stern” doesn’t take deposits; distributors do.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

Most companies taking deposits are doing so with no real contract or real terms involved. Essentially they will just tell people "oops, price went up, want to cancel or heres your money back"

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hilarious
    Noobs say the darndest things
    By the way, “Stern” doesn’t take deposits; distributors do.

I purchased my first machine in 1992 and never stopped. I think I qualify as being around a while.

The environment we are all operating in now is new. The whole model has changed. NewBs think the world started when they arrived on scene and nothing was happening before.

My comment was more a casual observation of the way things are being done these days and a curiousity of the legality of it all.

If someone holds an invoice/receipt with a non refundable deposit on an item at an agreed upon price.... yes I think there is interesting smoke there to investigate. And yes I think Stern may have some legal obligation to manufactur the entire announced run of machines at a fixed price.

They do say X amount at a confirmed price. Not some at this price and some at another price if they decide not to fill orders right away.

Could be Stern is in the clear but distibutors who took money have some liability. Maybe both. Could be the distributors are the first victim.

I'm curious. You should be too.

Legal or not the current model is scummy. Not consumer friendly at all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-making-any-more-elvira-hoh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.