2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Shapeshifter
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BA57BDF7-C254-42D7-8C62-EC66723B9606 (resized).jpeg
    Beatles Back (resized).jpg
    Beatles Front (resized).jpg
    680BD508-8331-4A65-9B5A-46029C491589 (resized).jpeg
    231A33DA-00BA-41CF-99B7-16E4EE11DB51 (resized).jpeg
    5E2DE036-BC4C-4B94-BB1A-423F14263902 (resized).jpeg
    john-lennon-imagine-yoko-ono-817524 (resized).jpg
    il_570xN.487811021_54mu (resized).jpg
    crap (resized).jpg
    BEATLES_18 (resized).png
    AristocratGames (resized).png
    6e12db81d3c740701347baddbd42e566 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170523-182816 (resized).png
    51d7f7f864c17c624aeefd644eafbb6f679d3403 (resized).jpg
    turtles (resized).jpg
    TMNT-30th-Anniv-Special_Cover-RE-Heroes-Haven (resized).jpg

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 2 years ago

Isn't the DE Turtles art more adult style like the comics?

I feel like if they went full on 80s cartoon style it would suck and I do love the cartoon.

#52 2 years ago

Beatles with psychedelic 60's style hand drawn art would be amazeballs. But not Yellow Submarine style. I didn't care for that.

Something like the Revolver cover would be sweet.

And man, all the things JJP could do from an LCD and toy perspective with this theme? Potentially awesome.

If Kaminkow has this license - or Harry Potter - I certainly hope for something more special than BM66.

#53 2 years ago

I'm really not a fan of Joe Kaminkow or KaPow being in pinball these days, but if that's the only way to get some of those licenses to play ball, I guess you take what you can get.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

TMNT based on the old cartoons would be amazing....TMNT based on the Michael Bay movies would be a disaster....Please dear god do NOT make a TMNT pin with the modern movie art...anything but that!!

Dude they arent THAT bad. They arent great, but I at least enjoyed them a little. One day we will get our dark TMNT and that might suck too. It needs a good balance of both darkness and goofy to succeed.

#55 2 years ago

Seriously, guys, check out the IDW comic. It's really, really good. Start right at the beginning and go forward. They are well-written stories and the art is fantastic.

#56 2 years ago

A stern Tmnt would look nice next to my DE Turtles!

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Beatles with psychedelic 60's style hand drawn art would be amazeballs. But not Yellow Submarine style. I didn't care for that.
    And man, all the things JJP could do from an LCD and toy perspective with this theme? Potentially awesome.
    If Kaminkow has this license - or Harry Potter - I certainly hope for something more special than BM66.

IF Stern is making a Beatles pin (which they're not) I could see how a Pro would be the early mop top years, the Premium the Revolver/ Rubber Soul era and the L.E, the later psychedelic period.

But if I'm a betting guy, like I said, this is just another Stern tease.

#58 2 years ago

Besides the Muppets tease, didn't Stern also post a Jaws picture a few years ago?

#59 2 years ago

Beatles, Please! As Sir Paul, Richard, Yoko, Olivia, and Stern, need more of my money.

#60 2 years ago

I'd definitely buy an 80s based TMNT.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Yeah - no Beatles....can we stop with the music pins for a bit? I think the market is fatigued with music pins.

Right. But none of the music pins is a Beatles pin.

#62 2 years ago

I'm pretty confident after listening to the Christopher Franchi interview that a Beatles pin is in the works! It's John Trudeau's dream theme and Kapow Pinball already teased the idea a few months back. I think Franchi is the perfect guy to do the artwork and I'm excited to see what they come up with! The only downside is that since it is a Kapow game it will be expensive just like BM66. I'm sure there are plenty of Beatles fans that would spring for the SLE. Stern is on fire for picking themes lately! My guess for next 4 are Star Wars (SR/Dwight), Beatles (Trudeau/Franchi), Guardians (KME/Lyman) and Iron Maiden (Borg/ZY).

Screenshot_20170523-182816 (resized).png

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I'm pretty confident after listening to the Christopher Franchi interview that a Beatles pin is in the works! It's John Trudeau's dream theme and Kapow Pinball already teased the idea a few months back. I think Franchi is the perfect guy to do the artwork and I'm excited to see what they come up with! The only downside is that since it is a Kapow game it will be expensive just like BM66. I'm sure there are plenty of Beatles fans that would spring for the SLE. Stern is on fire for picking themes lately! My guess for next 4 are Star Wars (SR/Dwight), Beatles (Trudeau/Franchi), Guardians (KME/Lyman) and Iron Maiden (Borg/ZY).

Don't you think Elvira will be in that mix since Stern has already announced it? I'm thinking Elvira will be after SW for sure.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't you think Elvira will be in that mix since Stern has already announced it? I'm thinking Elvira will be after SW for sure.

Elvira will be in the mix but I didn't include it since I think that's technically a Whiz Bang Pinball game instead of a Stern. I think Stern is just building them similar to MMR. At least that was my understanding.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Elvira will be in the mix but I didn't include it since I think that's technically a Whiz Bang Pinball game instead of a Stern. I think Stern is just building them similar to MMR. At least that was my understanding.

I have heard that Stern is suppose to have a part of developing the game. I hope that is true.

#66 2 years ago

From Stern FB...adding another potential teaser towards Turtles:

"Happy World Turtle Day! Looking back over the company history, our predecessor Stern Electronics made the arcade classic "Turtles" in 1981, and 10 years later in 1991 we made Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pinball under the Data East label. Have you played either?

---Maybe the time has come for a new game involving turtles! [image of a thinking face] #SternPinball #WorldTurtleDay"

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

A TMNT from the IDW run would be absolutely amazing.

+1!!!!!!!
    only way to go

#68 2 years ago

That list just got me really excited at the thought of a Willy wonky themed pin I could see that being just amazing. Sounds, call outs, play field could be sooo good if done right

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

If it is the Beatles WTF! Honestly who gives a @#$& about band pins.
    Enough with the band pins already.

i agree, a bit tired of this pin thematic

Quoted from erak:

Before pins had the ability to play music.

i think it is called a "jukebox". need to check

Quoted from erak:

But having to listen to the same bands songs over and over tied to modes in a pinball machine is the stupidest idea ever. It takes no real effort on the designers part to create an original music score. And sorry, but not one band pin made makes me think WOW they really tied the theme to these modes.

Whatever the pin, the soundtrack will be the same according to the mode or game sequence.
    i agree this is less effort to integrate original songs in the soundtrack of the game but this is the same "idleness" (unless it is time saving, money saving ) with licensed game. if you are looking for original creation go with unlicensed game

Quoted from erak:

An original TMNT (not the remakes) would be a cool theme. But still its nothing new or original.
    Sorry about the negatively. But had to post incase Stern is reading this.

TMNT or Beatles games is the same for me and is synonymous with money saving.

#70 2 years ago

Who are these Beatles you speak of? Surely you mean Rutles.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Before pins had the ability to play music.
    But having to listen to the same bands songs over and over tied to modes in a pinball machine is the stupidest idea ever. It takes no real effort on the designers part to create an original music score. And sorry, but not one band pin made makes me think WOW they really tied the theme to these modes.

That original music score would still play the same songs over and over tied to modes.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

That original music score would still play the same songs over and over tied to modes.

True. But it's an ambient generic background track that is overall theme based on most pins. Sounds that either ramp up when doing well. Or has some variation or changes completely due to starting modes. And all sounds tie into the theme.
    Not the same song playing no matter what you hit. With random drum or guitar noises thrown it when you hit something. Untill you drain or complete a new mode to start a new (1 of 8 songs) by the same band.

I know the pin is the themed on the band.
    But every band has different themes in songs. Hence the different song titles.
    And it's impossible to make them in to one congruent theme. Other than labelling the pin after the band.

The band pins don't make you feel like you are on an epic journey or adventure. Or there is a world under the glass.

#73 2 years ago

Clearly they must mean "The Turtles." Although I could dig listening to Happy Together and Elenore...Gee I think you're swell.

All kidding aside, a TMNT based on the cartoon would be awesome and a must buy for me.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

That image leaves me so confused - more pinball people are into Munsters than the Beatles? Say what?!

#75 2 years ago

Damn Pete I'm torn between The Beatles and Phish. Which would be my ultimate dream theme?

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

IF they do make The Beatles I would love a black and white Revolver style playfield with colored inserts like Centaur. The backglass can be Sgt. Peppers and the side art Yellow Submarine.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Damn Pete I'm torn between The Beatles and Phish. Which would be my ultimate dream theme?

IF they do make The Beatles I would love a black and white Revolver style playfield with colored inserts like Centaur. The backglass can be Sgt. Peppers and the side art Yellow Submarine.

+1

#78 2 years ago

TMNT?!

Oh boy.

#79 2 years ago

Just a diversion from Beastie Boys.

#80 2 years ago

I certainly hope not.

#81 2 years ago

Beatles Yellow Submarine = I am in.

Turtles = zero interest.

#82 2 years ago

Clash of the Titans. 80s nostalgia with a Medusa topper. Unlimited potential. Better then Sgt Pepper.

#83 2 years ago

I'd still prefer JAWS to both....

6e12db81d3c740701347baddbd42e566 (resized).jpg

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from vassq:

Clash of the Titans. 80s nostalgia with a Medusa topper. Unlimited potential. Better then Sgt Pepper.

Cheesy 80's movie starring Harry Hamlin. Merits a nostalgic cheesy PhotoShop backglass! Where's Gottlieb when you need them?

#85 2 years ago

If based on an Aristocrat slot... it must be Sharknado!

No wait, I mean Britney Spears

Or maybe Magic Mike XXL or Big Bang Theory?

Actually, Betty Page or Superman would be really cool to do...
    AristocratGames (resized).png

#86 2 years ago

With the announcement of Star Wars blowing up pinside... I'm going to bump another theme in the likely near future...The Beatles Channel just got added to SiriusXM Radio a few weeks ago... I feel that a new Beatles themed pin will eventually get made.

BEATLES_18 (resized).png

#87 2 years ago

Since the Beatles are still so popular with the kids, and the fact that they will put their logo on any piece of junk in the world, Stern should make a fortune on this one.

crap (resized).jpg

il_570xN.487811021_54mu (resized).jpg

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Since the Beatles are still so popular with the kids, and the fact that they will put their logo on any piece of junk in the world, Stern should make a fortune on this one.

Ahh but what will it look like? Becaause theose slipper look like shit, but a Yellow Sub version of the game could crush it with art. Do they make the LE the Yello Sub or Sgt. Pepper version of art?

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahh but what will it look like? Becaause theose slipper look like shit, but a Yellow Sub version of the game could crush it with art. Do they make the LE the Yello Sub or Sgt. Pepper version of art?

I prefer Sgt. Peppers for most things, but Yellow Submarine probably works better for a pinball machine. I'd personally like it to look like the Abbey Road era stuff that they did for Beatles Rock Band. Octopus's Garden and Here Comes the Sun were beautifully animated.

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Too bad Heinz Edelmann kicked the bucket a few years ago, he could have made some cool 1960s art for the game.

#91 2 years ago

Star Wars does nothing for me, but the Beatles...that would be epic! Do it, Stern!

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Nope. Elvira 3 is a pure Stern release. DN confirmed that.

#93 2 years ago

You Beatle-heads should watch this PBS special on the making of Sgt Pepper - 50 frigging years ago:

http://www.pbs.org/program/sgt-peppers-musical-revolution/

They break down the individual tracks so you can hear how Martin put it all together.

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You Beatle-heads should watch this PBS special on the making of Sgt Pepper - 50 frigging years ago:
    They break down the individual tracks so you can hear how Martin put it all together.

Thanks for the tip...didn't know about that. There's also a documentary included with the super deluxe reissue that they did in '92 for the 25th anniversary, and George Martin is on there talking about the tracks as he fools with each one on the board. Great stuff!

Expensive set, but hearing A Day in the Life in 5.1 surround is worth every last penny, IMO:

amazon.com link »

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Nope. Elvira 3 is a pure Stern release. DN confirmed that.

I certainly hope that you are right about this!

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I've been watching. It so well done!

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

For those that had the TMNT movie VHS as a kid, how many times did you watch this?
    » YouTube video

I could sing the song in my head just seeing that thumbnail.

1 week later
    #98 2 years ago

cowabunga, let it be

1 month later
    #99 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

TMNT, either 80s/90s era cartoon or the current Nick version (but seriously, the 80s/90s please) would be a giant hit.
    Recently found a compilation DVD of some of the old TMNT classics at the bargain bin of random DVDs next to the Walmart checkout. My son loves the current Nick show, but he was all in on the version I grew up with. He totally understands why my old TMNT figures look different now.

I love TMNT and recently watched the old cartoons. They did bring back memories but didn't age well. The current show on Nick is pretty cool. Would love a new TMNT pin

#100 2 years ago

beatlespinball.com domain is taken. Hmmm...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    £ 32.00
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 225.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 149.00
    $ 14.95
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside