(Topic ID: 189717)

Stern making a Beatles Pin ? Or TMNT?

By Pmaino

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BA57BDF7-C254-42D7-8C62-EC66723B9606 (resized).jpeg
    Beatles Back (resized).jpg
    Beatles Front (resized).jpg
    680BD508-8331-4A65-9B5A-46029C491589 (resized).jpeg
    231A33DA-00BA-41CF-99B7-16E4EE11DB51 (resized).jpeg
    5E2DE036-BC4C-4B94-BB1A-423F14263902 (resized).jpeg
    john-lennon-imagine-yoko-ono-817524 (resized).jpg
    il_570xN.487811021_54mu (resized).jpg
    crap (resized).jpg
    BEATLES_18 (resized).png
    AristocratGames (resized).png
    6e12db81d3c740701347baddbd42e566 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170523-182816 (resized).png
    51d7f7f864c17c624aeefd644eafbb6f679d3403 (resized).jpg
    turtles (resized).jpg
    TMNT-30th-Anniv-Special_Cover-RE-Heroes-Haven (resized).jpg
    There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Has anyone seen the recent post on instagram from Stern?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUb66otFxeA/?taken-by=sternpinball&hl=en

Are they just messing with us or is there a TMNT pin or Beatles pin coming?

#2 6 years ago

TMNT would be smart. 80's nostalgia is HIGH right now. You could make both a current movie version and a 80/90's tv show/comic book version.

Might be cool!

#3 6 years ago

They could be testing our reactions here on Pinside to see what kind of interest we would have on certain titles.
    With that said......Beatles pin YES YES YES !

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone seen the recent post on instagram from Stern?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BUb66otFxeA/?taken-by=sternpinball&hl=en
    Are they just messing with us or is there a TMNT pin or Beatles pin coming?

Anniversary of DE TMNT release maybe?

#5 6 years ago

TMNT based on the old cartoons would be amazing....TMNT based on the Michael Bay movies would be a disaster....Please dear god do NOT make a TMNT pin with the modern movie art...anything but that!!

#6 6 years ago

I'm all in for a Beatles theme!

#7 6 years ago

TMNT pin with cartoon art would be awesome. Forget the beetles...

#8 6 years ago

Also, I want a Mouse Trap pin. Or Lego.

#9 6 years ago

John T has said many times that Beatles would be his dream theme. I think he could do a bang up job with it!

Good things always come out of allowing someone with passion to make the magic happen.

#10 6 years ago

Stern has done these teases so many times in the past. They've teased Muppets for years.

They're just messing with us IMO.

#11 6 years ago

Yeah - no Beatles....can we stop with the music pins for a bit? I think the market is fatigued with music pins.

#12 6 years ago

Their PR guy is a big Turtles fan

#13 6 years ago

TMNT, either 80s/90s era cartoon or the current Nick version (but seriously, the 80s/90s please) would be a giant hit.

Recently found a compilation DVD of some of the old TMNT classics at the bargain bin of random DVDs next to the Walmart checkout. My son loves the current Nick show, but he was all in on the version I grew up with. He totally understands why my old TMNT figures look different now.

#14 6 years ago

A TMNT from the IDW run would be absolutely amazing.

TMNT-30th-Anniv-Special_Cover-RE-Heroes-Haven (resized).jpgTMNT-30th-Anniv-Special_Cover-RE-Heroes-Haven (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

I would love a new TMNT title but I think they are just messing with us.

#16 6 years ago

YES!! The IDW art style is the winner.

#17 6 years ago

Turles, Beatles, Monkeys ---> clearly it's the Planet Of The Apes

#18 6 years ago

Maybe I could get some matching bed sheets to go with it.

#19 6 years ago

Both would be misses for me.

#20 6 years ago

Classic Turtles would be sweet, I'm a fan of the DE Pin.

Though my ex-Wife as a major hippie so I'm so off the Beatles.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Yeah - no Beatles....can we stop with the music pins for a bit? I think the market is fatigued with music pins.

Look at the good side...save your money!

#22 6 years ago

The Beatles would be a pin I'd be interested in if any company other than Stern were making it.

#23 6 years ago

Jody has a lot of connections in the music industry so i think we'll continue to see music pins.

#24 6 years ago

Art on The Beatles would probably be spectacular. Look what Rock Band Beatles looks like. It's gorgeous.

#25 6 years ago

I bet Jared would belt out a tune on Gary's rusty trombone for a TMNT pin.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Art on The Beatles would probably be spectacular.

That's actually the part that worries me the most. I feel like if you went one direction, like SGT Peppers type are throwback it would be sweet. My fear is they would try to mix the eras up and the left side is the boy band area and the right psychedelic etc...seems like you could try to do too much and not be cohesive.

#27 6 years ago

I'm sorry but how is everyone getting beatles out of that?

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

TMNT based on the old cartoons would be amazing....TMNT based on the Michael Bay movies would be a disaster....Please dear god do NOT make a TMNT pin with the modern movie art...anything but that!!

Didn't stop original Transformers fans from buying that god awfull looking TF pin; which was shocking to me.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Didn't stop original Transformers fans from buying that god awfull looking TF pin; which was shocking to me.

Plays like garbage too!

#30 6 years ago

Sirius/XM radio started a Beatles station last week (ch 18), so there is still a demand to hear them.

TMNT based on the original comics would be cool..... none of the new stuff

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Plays like garbage too!

It had some design issues for sure...well a few or more

#32 6 years ago

Maybe just talking about this old game.

turtles (resized).jpgturtles (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from ecto1a2003:

I'm sorry but how is everyone getting beatles out of that?

Did you read the comic book?

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from robert5earl:

Maybe just talking about this old game.

They are. It's National Turtle Day. That's why they posted.

#35 6 years ago

Too many in here dismissing Stern's teases.

Sometimes they turn out to be true, like with Ghostbusters and Star Trek.

#36 6 years ago

Wasn't Beatles one of the Kapow licenses? Also Franchi said in a recent interview that the next Kapow license was one that is notoriously difficult to obtain which I've also heard about The Beatles.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Did you read the comic book?

Ohhh, silly me.

#38 6 years ago

I honestly dont know any grown men that would buy a ninja turtles pin. I think it would be a bigger flop than WWE for sure. The Beatles would probably sell I would think though but not a theme that everyone would be interested in either. Seems like alot of pinheads are more interested in classic rock bands, including myself. Dont forget about Elvira folks, that will be coming after Star Wars probably.

Also if you think hearing "ok....who brought the dog?" Gets old, wait till you keep hearing " cowabunga dude" or whatever the F they say all the time. No thanks, I'll pass! Never seen the show and I hope I never do, and I definitely hope they never make a ninja turtle pin!

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also if you think hearing "ok....who brought the dog?" Gets old, wait till you keep hearing " cowabunga dude" or whatever the F they say all the time. No thanks,II'll pass! Never seen the show and I hope I never do, and I definitely hope they never make a ninja turtle pin!

Not every pin made needs to be FOR YOU. TMNT is still a popular license with kids, and it's been relevant since the '80s. Cross-generational licenses are always good for film, TV, comics, video games, and pinball. People in their 30s grew up with Ninja Turtles and their kids are into it now. It would probably be a huge location success because it's the right theme to cause kids to beg for quarters from their parents (can't say that about Aerosmith, KISS, etc.), and it would have adults stopping to see how their childhood favorite looks today. Kind of silly to dismiss such a popular license...

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

TMNT is still a popular license with kids, and it's been relevant since the '80s.

Yep I was shocked when they made this reboot. "Who the hell cares aboot TMNT anymore?!?" Couple hundred million dollars more later....

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I honestly dont know any grown men that would buy a ninja turtles pin. I think it would be a bigger flop than WWE for sure.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

#42 6 years ago

COWABUNGA DUDE!!!

51d7f7f864c17c624aeefd644eafbb6f679d3403 (resized).jpg51d7f7f864c17c624aeefd644eafbb6f679d3403 (resized).jpg

#43 6 years ago

For those that had the TMNT movie VHS as a kid, how many times did you watch this?

#44 6 years ago

Man I remember that. Now I have to dust off the VCR and break out my Turtles Tapes! FHE ftw.

#45 6 years ago

Please no turtle rap.....

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Please no turtle rap.....

I'll just add it with Pinball Browser.

What Stern leaves out, we hack in!

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Both would be misses for me.

Same here. I'm not remotely interested, but good luck to those who are.

#48 6 years ago

I'm a huge TMNT fan, but if a pin was made based on the new movies I would be pissed. I do like the new cartoon series but I don't think it's the right fit for a pin. 80s cartoon or I think i would be disappointed.

#49 6 years ago

If it is the Beatles WTF! Honestly who gives a @#$& about band pins.
    Enough with the band pins already.
    They all suck. If I want to listen to music I'll play it in the background.
    Pins based on bands had their time, EM and early SS.
    Before pins had the ability to play music.
    But having to listen to the same bands songs over and over tied to modes in a pinball machine is the stupidest idea ever. It takes no real effort on the designers part to create an original music score. And sorry, but not one band pin made makes me think WOW they really tied the theme to these modes.
    An original TMNT (not the remakes) would be a cool theme. But still its nothing new or original.

Sorry about the negatively. But had to post incase Stern is reading this.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

And sorry, but not one band pin made makes me think WOW they really tied the theme to these modes.

AC/DC does it VERY well. That's the only one where they've really done so though, I agree.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-making-a-beatles-pin-or-tmnt/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.