(Topic ID: 224014)

STERN- Make a real Back to the Future pinball machine.

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rascal_H
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B894ED0B-1908-4CD2-9D84-2F57F6ED5385 (resized).png
    3A259B36-8244-4ABA-A2AB-F39BC888DB75 (resized).jpeg
    67546794-7F77-476C-87D2-E0E4D92CB410 (resized).jpeg
    584AAD8A-458D-4E79-842F-F19C0AEE5A88 (resized).jpeg
    B88E3998-D846-464C-BE00-687EAF55ECEC.gif
    EV2t.gif
    6F87A750-0EA8-4F82-AE28-A881DD7B5C1E (resized).jpeg
    2011-delorean-solstice-mockup_100230289_m (resized).jpg
    7C94EB54-4C88-4A98-B6A1-9C42A511024B (resized).jpeg
    20180728_202341 (resized).jpg
    20180728_121843 (resized).jpg
    20180728_121926 (resized).jpg
    20180728_121428 (resized).jpg
    20180728_190744 (resized).jpg
    20180728_134839 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago

I'll vote a big pass on Stern making it as they won't do the theme justice. Only JJP can pull off a BTTF Trilogy pin with multiple interactive toys and deep as well as unique code that spans all 3 movies.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

JJP?
    LOL!
    I guess if you want pay nearly 10K, wait a year after the announcement, then watch its best feature gets stripped without so much as a shrug.
    Oh, and no scenes from the movie. Let's not forget that.
    No thanks.
    Stern all the way on this one.

You do realize that the latest Stern LE's are nearly 10k? Lack of video assets in Pirates is due to a restriction from the license holder, just like how TWD lacks actor audio and any mention of the actors in its code. Oh, same goes for Guardians lacking actor audio and having terrible voice actor callouts.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

LOL! The downvotes![quoted image]

Captain Picard would prefer JJP over Stern, you know it to be true, lol. Seriously though are the rumors that Deeproot is making a BTTF pin seem pretty solid? I just hope someone is making it at this point.

#76 5 years ago

Yup, it's a timeless trilogy that was pretty much perfectly made with a ton of detail throughout the 3 films that tie them all together in unique ways. Back to the Future is just pure fun is still extremely popular today.

Pinball fans and owners deserve a new modern Back to the Future pin. If done correctly it would be a huge hit. Really this theme should be a no brainer for a company making pinball machines in 2018.

My fear with Stern making a new BTTF pin is that they won't do the theme justice. Stern is too inconsistent with code support and simply won't put the same amount of time and effort into code that JJP does. All 3 Back to the Future films are full of detail that in my opinion only JJP can properly represent thanks to Keith Johnson and Ted Estes ability to tell an entire themes story, in detail, through their code work.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

LOL You do realize that JJP has raised prices by %50 from WOZ to POTC there has also been a ton cut from game one to game 4

JJP lost money on every single ECLE sold at $6500. Of course they had to raise the price from 7 years ago when WOZ was first announced. Also, every single JJP game has been loaded up in different ways.

If you want to complain about prices I recommend yelling at Stern for NIB games being $3500 in 2005 to more then double the price today for games with similar features but containing poorer quality playfields, using lower quality wood in cabinets, running the risk of cabinets splitting, and not knowing when code will be completed if it's completed at all. I don't understand complaining about a company rasing prices that is actually dedicated to producing a quality product, dedicated to code and dedicated to offering feature packed games. Rant over, lol.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

Agree with JJP making this, but Stern has been doing a better job on their builds recently IMO. If JJP built it, it would be like going to the Capital Grille and sitting down with a bottle of Caymus and a fillet. You would then have to stare at them for over a year before enjoying them. Sometimes going to McDonalds is so satisfying....

What happens though when the McDonald's burger is smashed when you open it, doesn't look as good as the burgers they once made, and for some reason cost the same amount as the fillet from Capital Grille? Lol. Haste makes waste and for BTTF I much rather wait for JJP to make it with unique toys and deep code that spans all 3 movies.

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The REAL problem is if JJP obtained the license, you'd need a flux capacitor so you could travel 4-5 years into the future to finally see it in production.

Yeah, I would much rather Stern just reuse the Walking Dead layout, make the barn the clock tower with a giant Biff head and then charge nearly $10k for the LE. Could be out next year! Lol.

If Stern could make BTTF in the way they made Star Wars I would be cool with that in regards to the game containing deep code that spans all 3 films with licensed actor audio, video, and music. Stern did a pretty good job with that game.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

The time travel aspects would need to be portrayed through the audio and video.
    Go back to the Wild West have old school bells and chimes, use drop targets to block the ramps off and maybe have a row off old school incandescents to light the game.
    Modes set in 55 & 85 have access back to the ramps but no use of diverters or magnets try to make it feel limited tech wise.
    Jumping into the future 2015 have all access to ramps maybe with diverters, magnets, magna save and the RGB lighting pay offs.
    The LCD could also be styled for each mode/film. Wild West have an old flip board/wooden notice board kinda style surrounding movie clips, 55/85 dmd style scoring would be great around the clips and then 2015 styled around the 2015 in the film around the lcd with clips.

That would be really cool. With the lighting tech and LCD the entire look of the game could change depending on the time period the player is in.

If a new BTTF pin does get made I would love to see laser etched Star Trek LE style side rails that light up along with side panel interior lighting to recreate the Deloreans time travel special effects. That would be awesome with 304 grade stainless steel (same as Delorean) armour. Take my money now!

#135 5 years ago

When I think about some of the most recent pinball themes (Pirates, Dead Pool, Guardians, Alice Cooper, etc) I can't help to also think that a new Back to the Future pin would easily outsell all of them. A new BTTF pin should be an easy pick for any pinball company wanting to have a hit.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Here’s what I received from Stephen.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    Hopefully if this title gets made (and soon!) it would be extremely cool for the LE/CE to come signed by the cast and a percentage of the money from each LE/CE sale goes to the MJF Foundation.

Wow! Absoutely. Come on Stern or JJP, make this game happen!

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

A center ball velocity speed trap that displays the scaled speed and is scaled so that 88 MPH will launch a complete playfield change mode (lights/music/display type) until the next speed trap trigger occurs. Of course that velocity speed trap could only be activated if 1.21 giga watts is accumulated through awards on the playfield. I'm not a BTTF geek, but that kind of a setup would be unique, cool, and fit the theme well. JJP would be able to pull that off very well.

That sounds sweet! Great idea. Sounds like something that Eric, Keith, JP, Ted, and Joe at JJP could help implement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-make-a-real-back-to-the-future-pinball-machine-?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.