6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Stern Magic pinball machine that is not working. I have replaced the rectifier board with a brand new one and re-pinned those connectors. I just installed a brand new Alltek ultimate mpu board as well as a brand new alltek ultimate solenoid driver board and still nothing! I do get the general playfield lights to turn on... but that's it. The game doesn't boot up.. no numbers on the displays. There are zero lights on the mpu board and the solenoid board has two led's that are solid green... they are D3 and D29. I'm brand new to pinball... I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to electronics. I do have a multi-meter but I'm not sure how to work it too well. Any help would be great! I will have to return both Alltek boards in about 8 more days unless I can get this game working.

#2 6 years ago

Check the rectifier board make sure your
    Getting the right voltage on the board

#3 6 years ago

Which light has no voltage on driver board? Check your contacts, & your work. You need a meter that reads DC voltage. I take it you have no 5 volts.

#4 6 years ago

IT IS FIXED!!! I almost gave up because I'm just too new to fixing this stuff..... but I took your advice and checked the brand new rectifier board one more time and pulled each fuse out and tested them with a multi-meter. And fuse #3 of 6 was blown! I couldn't believe that they shipped that brand new board with a defective fuse! So I replaced the fuse and turned on the game and it works perfect! Thanks again everyone!

-Nick-

#5 6 years ago

Hi Nick,

I think you bought one of my rectifier boards. Sorry you had trouble. I am using new cooper bussman brand fuses sourced from licensed vendor TTI. Can you take a picture of the bad fuse? I am really surprised one is bad out of the package.

With a picture you can typically tell if it was an over current failure.

Andrew

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-magic-not-booting-up-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.