• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Magic Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190428_092414 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

So I’m working on someone’s magic and it starts a game but no solenoids are working. Checked all fuses and checked the voltage st the coils and the fuse between the flippers and I’m getting 5.6v

The J1 connector on the bridge rectifier was cut short and didn’t have a key so I’m wondering if that’s incorrect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 4 years ago

Edit. U saw the under pf fuse

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

So I’m working on someone’s magic and it starts a game but no solenoids are working. Checked all fuses and checked the voltage st the coils and the fuse between the flippers and I’m getting 5.6v

The J1 connector on the bridge rectifier was cut short and didn’t have a key so I’m wondering if that’s incorrect.

Sounds like you're getting feature lamp voltage on the solenoid rail instead of solenoid voltage so maybe the J1 connector is wired wrong.
Post some clear pictures of the J1 connector at the rectifier board showing the wire colors and positions they're at.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Sounds like you're getting feature lamp voltage on the solenoid rail instead of solenoid voltage so maybe the J1 connector is wired wrong.
Post some clear pictures of the J1 connector at the rectifier board showing the wire colors and positions they're at.

Ya that’s what it seems like but I didn’t find the info for the J1 connector in the manual to double check. Might have been an incomplete copy of it I’m not sure.

I won’t be back to take a photo until probably Wednesday but I’ll post one when I do.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Ya that’s what it seems like but I didn’t find the info for the J1 connector in the manual to double check. Might have been an incomplete copy of it I’m not sure.
I won’t be back to take a photo until probably Wednesday but I’ll post one when I do.

I'm at work, but I can take a picture of mine when I get home.

According to some internet searches I found J1-6 should be the +43 Volt Solenoid power.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I'm at work, but I can take a picture of mine when I get home.
According to some internet searches I found J1-6 should be the +43 Volt Solenoid power.

That would be great thank you!

#7 4 years ago

My connector apparently needs work too. My molex only has 8 slots not 9. I hope this helps.

IMG_20190428_092414 (resized).jpgIMG_20190428_092414 (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

Note on the above picture:
Pin 1 is the red wire (general illumination ground)
Pin 4 is the key
Pin 6 is the blue-white wire (solenoid power 43 volts DC)
Pin 7 is the blue wire (feature lamp power 5.4 volts DC)
Pin 8 is the white wire (general illumination power 6 volts AC)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-magic-no-solenoids and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.