• Latest reply 6 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-06-26 20.12.19 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I have a Stern Hot Hand I'm working on. 2 legs of one of the ROMs broke off in the socket, so I need to replace it. The image is 2k, I have either a 2516 or a 2732. i know the 2516 is the right size, not sure about the 25 instead of the 27. If I double the image and use the 27732 do I need to change jumpers or anything? Thanks!

Ed.

#2 6 years ago

Was the the rom you broke was a 2716? I don't think MPU-100s are jumpered for any common rom by default. Doubling up a 2716 for a 2732 should always work in boards designed for 2716s, but I'm not sure how the jumpering of a MPU-100 affects that offhand

#3 6 years ago

The one that broke was the non erasable type. I have no idea what the board is supposed to have. I'm only going by the file size of the image. I may just try and repair it.

2017-06-26 20.12.19 (resized).jpg2017-06-26 20.12.19 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

That is one of those masked proms with a weird pin out. See the pin wiki chart jumper chart. You will have to do some re-jumpering unless you can find another masked prom.

The easiest setup for M100 games is the 2732 combo at U2 (copy /b U2.716+U6.716 U2COMBO.732)

You can take another dead IC chip or even a resistor leg to try and fix your old EPROM. You can even try and solder the broken leg'd chip into a machine pin socket and then stack that into an extra flat leaf IC socket so you don't stretch out the socket on the MPU.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm only going by the file size of the image

The image is generic to any 2k rom. What matters is what your board is configured for. That a 2516 fits the image means nothing really. Anything is 'jumperable' with enough jumpers, but it's easier to just buy a 2716 then to make a special adapter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 69.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-m100-rom-burning-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.