Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

A friend of mine has a Stern Split Second. I'm basically totally illiterate when it comes to SS, the most I've done with SS is a Gottlieb S1 and on that game I just replaced all the boards with a Pascal Janin.

Are replacement boards available for this era of CPU, or can someone fix them, because I most assuredly cannot. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Are replacement boards available for this era of CPU, or can someone fix them,

Yes and Yes.

There are a number of repair guys who can work on them. Borygard, Chrishibler, Johnwartjr, Clive at coinopcauldron.com, aardvarkpr.com....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=repairs+board

If the board is free of battery damage, it is generally worth repairing. Flaky sockets are usually a common issue with these boards.

#4 7 years ago

Several people here repair them.
Barakandl comes to mind, and there are certainly others as well.

#5 7 years ago

What exactly is the problem? Maybe the issue is a connector or something.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

What exactly is the problem? Maybe the issue is a connector or something.

At this point, all I know is that the game will turn on but there is no sound. I need to get a full description of what it will and won't do from my friends.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm not sure of my level of interest in getting this one yet, I'm waiting for some pictures and we'll go from there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-m-200-cpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.