12 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
100166~01 (resized).jpg
feeb7e2f28fac4b55de8eeaec9f0ca725e7fcd6a~01 (resized).jpg
94687410_240140237046170_4432484838783582208_n (resized).jpg
94881905_957744501346516_8227973427105890304_n (resized).jpg
95370553_227201031877195_6260232760284151808_n (resized).jpg
94274955_712199599516861_7337770283106828288_n (resized).jpg
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 3 years ago

Most LE's have the better coloring on the playfield

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

home use only game with 541 plays.

Always wondering how you guys determine this. Isn't the count resetting once you pull the batteries?

#253 3 years ago

If you swap the batteries while the game is on you won't lose your settings.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Always wondering how you guys determine this. Isn't the count resetting once you pull the batteries?

For mine it was fairly easy, I looked at the month and year of my machines date, and for that month and year it came from Stern with Version 8 CPU and Display which is what the machine still had installed with the factory labels on the chips. Once you change the version yes that number changes hence why I snap shot it before the change to ver 10.02 / 10.0

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

If you swap the batteries while the game is on you won't lose your settings.

I know that, but the previous owner could have easily reset it.

#256 3 years ago

The new playfield looks amazing great job!

As for Kaneda you know he's from New York HOME of FAKE NEWS! Kaneda is just releasing fake news clickbait so he can win another 2 dollar award, facts never matter. Based on this new round of false information spread by this man's egotistical podcast lets see if we can now label him correctly. Which one works the best?

Concast MS Kaneda
Fake News Kaneda NN
Failing New York Kaneda Times
Lamestream Kaneda News

When will people stop listening to someone who does nothing but promote false rumors in hopes you might listen to his podcast? I'm still waiting on Aliens remake more FAKE NEWS!

2 months later
#257 3 years ago

still wishing for this
stern cleans house n uses up nos parts to make these

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

still wishing for this
stern cleans house n uses up nos parts to make these

On my last Stern tour they mentioned that license expired long ago.

#259 3 years ago

10 years since the LE, can't see a vault happening. have Stern ever vaulted a White Star before?

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

that settles it then
thank for the info

#262 3 years ago

I wish. My desire for a VE was that I could do some kind of monthly payments. My only hope is a route machine or beater/project sub $4000 now. Been looking for 6 years now for one though.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

AC/DC expired. Didn't stop them from re-licensing and vaulting a Luci.

Stern are masters of misdirection, they were literally denying the AC/DC re-license and Luci vault I kept hearing about up to a few days before it was announced. Them stating the obvious that LotR would have to be re-licensed doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

A Spike 2 update to a proven table like LotR with a bunch of new LotR broadcast content coming starting next year means it would print money. Gary Stern, and especially Gomez, have to know this. Gomez has ALWAYS said if the market is demanding a pin, Stern will find a way to do it. This is even better since all the design work and real-world playfield testing and adjusting is already done.

#264 3 years ago

what if this whole stupid SternShowdown thing was a fix to show LoTR as the best Stern ever and reason to Vault it?

#265 3 years ago

Quoted from flynnibus:

what if this whole stupid SternShowdown thing was a fix to show LoTR as the best Stern ever and reason to Vault it?

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thats my fan theory too!

#267 3 years ago

I hope so! I’m definitely a buy if it happens.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

AC/DC expired. Didn't stop them from re-licensing and vaulting a Luci.

I'd imagine Tolkien estate is probably a pita to work with. I can't imagine that is an easy/inexpensive license to acquire. But who knows, I don't know shit about licensing other than a few things I had to do forever ago, so I won't pretend to know how it works in pinball.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I'd imagine Tolkien estate is probably a pita to work with.

I looked into this a whole back, it’s not the Tolkien estate as JRR sold off all movie rights while he was still alive:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-lotr-vault#post-4735393

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I looked into this a whole back, it’s not the Tolkien estate as JRR sold off all movie rights while he was still alive:

I think your last line of that post sums it up best.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Only wrinkle is whether the actors signed away likeness rights to Lionsgate forever, or if Stern would have to go negotiate them individually (which would presumably be a huge pain and probably a deal killer).

That might be the deal breaker here, we all seen what happened to the Arwen plastic which was rumored to be a licensing dispute.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

we all seen what happened to the Arwen plastic which was rumored to be a licensing dispute.

I don't know what happened with the Arwen plastic, but it looks like at some point Stern started running replacements with her image removed? If that's what you're talking about, I'm not sure it tells us much one way or the other about the status of the LOTR actors' likeness rights. Stern would need a license from LionsGate to reproduce images from the film regardless, and since that license expired some years ago, Stern can no longer make the Arwen plastic.

#272 3 years ago

I'd take a vault with art from Alan Lee...could just be pure Tolkien I don't need the movie.

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I continually voted for LOTR so it would be number 1 for all the peolple who didnt own one

#274 3 years ago

Yea the only reason maiden won is because not many people have played lotr which is why they should still vault it

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Yea the only reason maiden won is because not many people have played lotr which is why they should still vault it

Iron Maiden won because a link was posted to their fan page.

#276 3 years ago

I voted for IMDN cause I think it’s a better game. <ducks from all the downvotes inbound> I actually replaced my LOTR with IMDN. I’d still love to see a vault of LOTR if that helps my case at all

#277 3 years ago

Nothing's won yet, the poll on Twitter still has two days left.

3 months later
#278 3 years ago

Check at 1:36 in this video posted 2 days ago. Hmmm. One can dream!

#279 3 years ago

Don't dream, these are just spare parts.

#280 3 years ago

When I saw that video yesterday I was thinking the same thing. Oh no, here come the vaulters!

6 months later
#281 2 years ago

Please Stern, please please please re-release LoTR. People want $14k CDN for an LE! I’ll be first in line...

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from qmacaulay:

Please Stern, please please please re-release LoTR. People want $14k CDN for an LE! I’ll be first in line...

I’m 100% with you on this .But I really feel when they vault they should change things up a bit with shots and code .Why make a replica ? What do you think ?

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m 100% with you on this .But I really feel when they vault they should change things up a bit with shots and code .Why make a replica ? What do you think ?

Depends on if they're emulating or porting the code as to what kind of flexibility they have. A "LotR Continued" would be a cool option, but I'll be fine with a LotR Spike.

#284 2 years ago

I don't see how Stern can vault LOTR at pro-prices. It would probably be at least $7-8k, since the game is so jam packed.

Actually, maybe they could do a pro version with a static Baradur tower (the shaking is cool, but doesn't really serve that much of a purpose) and no Balrog (could code around it, maybe LOTR multiball alternates between ring shot and ramp shots)? You could even remove the magnet from the ring shot and just have the ball go to the sword lock and stay there for a few moments while the mode animation plays. Just saying. I hate all those ideas, but probably some ways Stern could save money and release at a pro-level price. Then move on to a premium/LE pricing for the full featured game as we know it today.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

I don't see how Stern can vault LOTR at pro-prices. It would probably be at least $7-8k, since the game is so jam packed.
Actually, maybe they could do a pro version with a static Baradur tower (the shaking is cool, but doesn't really serve that much of a purpose) and no Balrog (could code around it, maybe LOTR multiball alternates between ring shot and ramp shots)? You could even remove the magnet from the ring shot and just have the ball go to the sword lock and stay there for a few moments while the mode animation plays. Just saying. I hate all those ideas, but probably some ways Stern could save money and release at a pro-level price. Then move on to a premium/LE pricing for the full featured game as we know it today.

Do they do levels on old vaults that predated the Pro/Prem/LE fork? The only examples we have are:

Iron Man Vault (Premium equivalent)
Spiderman Vault (Premium equivalent)

Which leads me to believe Spike LotR would just be one version at the Premium level.

#286 2 years ago

It would have to have generic art instead of the film actors...and the voices would also have to be done by randoms. The newline license is long since extinct.

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

It would have to have generic art instead of the film actors...and the voices would also have to be done by randoms. The newline license is long since extinct.

That game would not be the same without the same voice call outs! JACKPOT ONE! JACKPOT TWO! Etc Is probably the best set of jackpot call outs in pinball.

#288 2 years ago

Star Wars and Star Trek are evergreen themes/pinball machines. Stern has a nice comic book SW premium available and now Mandalorian. So Star Wars is covered but Stern needs to offer Star Trek games again. So I propose they spend some time improving the code and then vault it. Currently there are six named modes with three levels each and eighteen (?) away modes BUT the general consensus is that level modes are too similar to level one and they are a bit boring. So by totally rewriting the 36 modes to make them better would make the game feel new. So anybody agree? Rewrite ST modes and vault it.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern needs to offer Star Trek games again. So I propose they spend some time improving the code and then vault it. Currently there are six named modes with three levels each and eighteen (?) away modes BUT the general consensus is that level modes are too similar to level one and they are a bit boring. So by totally rewriting the 36 modes to make them better would make the game feel new. So anybody agree? Rewrite ST modes and vault it.

At most they would fix bugs. BTW, it has already been vaulted. NEXT!

2 years later
#290 3 months ago

Not happening. Embracer group has the rights. Purchased last year for $395 million.

IMG_0567 (resized).jpegIMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
#291 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not happening. Embracer group has the rights. Purchased last year for $395 million.
[quoted image]

Zero interest in the game; both me & my wife absolutely hated it couldn't sell it quick enough!! So boring & slow.

#292 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

Who says they aren't licensing? I believe they are since they really need more income with the cratering of their stock after that happened...

#293 3 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

when they vault they should change things up a bit with shots and code .Why make a replica ?

Too much hassle for too little reward. For every person that likes a new feature there’re two who are mad that it’s not “original.”

Reskinning/revoicing may be necessary if the film assets are effectively unobtainable, but I don’t see an upside for Stern in “reimagining” the game beyond that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
$ 39.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-lotr-vault/page/6?hl=tuxedomask23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.