(Topic ID: 164280)

Stern Modified Type II Whitestar No Audio: suggestions?

By cody_chunn

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cody_chunn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LOTR_sound_board_U8_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160806_235636_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnwartjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 3 years ago

Stern has the ability to return boards to CSC (the company who builds the board for them) to test and repair the board. They don't do really complicated repair work in house. And honestly, I doubt their distributors do either.

I've discussed this with the guys in service a bit, as I've had to call them with a few things after I started doing whitestar repair. I had a Monopoly CPU with a massive failure that I was just about ready to bounce off the wall. The customer connected the display connector to the speaker out, and blew a few traces right off the board!

Call in and talk to Chaz or Pat.

You can check with Rob and Chris as well, they are both excellent technicians. And sending the board to Stern won't exactly be cheap.

#15 3 years ago

I would also add that it could be something very minor - you could check a few things like making sure the voltage regulators in the audio section are creating the +5 and -5, and touch the leads on the amps and see if the speakers hum, etc to make sure it's not something minor that could be easily fixed, before sending it in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnwartjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside