(Topic ID: 94022)

Stern: "Look for future Stern Vault Editions." Speculate!

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 454 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stern-vault.png
Tron3pin.jpg
Lazor12.JPG
pirates-zizzle-1.jpg
th-4-254.jpeg
kiss-2.jpg
toast-1.jpeg
th-1-674.jpeg
ROM-148.jpg
gamatron.jpg
crash-and-burn-money.jpg
golden_goose.jpg
xsheerness-8359.jpg
dump1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Family Guy/Shrek, or some other game rethemed

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

LOTR with improved print quality (preferably all-new hand-drawn art, will never happen but it's nice to dream) and improved sound quality. A killer game and a killer theme hobbled by poorly rendered art and sound.
And imagine all the friends Stern would make in Jersey if they got a LOTR Vault Edition out before The Hobbit!

They could remake LOTR, but how much do you think they will want for it? There is no way it will be the same price as IM, and they have already made so many, the prices on LOTR are not that high. I have had only a bit of interest im mine, on CL for 5k. Its a really nice game, It might be priced a tad high, but its hard for me to let it go.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Bring on LOTR!!!! Stat.....

Why? you can already buy mine for 5k, you want a new one from Stern for close to 8k? Think about it, Stern is not going to charge the same price for LOTR as they are for IM. It makes perfect sense for them to make IM, because the price to produce it is cheaper than most of their games. LOTR has more going on in it than Mustang LE....How much are they charging for Mustang LE?

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Tron Premium with lighted ramps makes the most sense.

That would be a dumb move on their part IMHO. By making more pro models they are not ruining their LE model. In fact they are making their LE model a safer bet by rerunning Pros that were made in small numbers.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Because we want improved playfield artwork and sound quality!
Regardless, it would be fun to see what they could do with LOTR in a time of slightly looser budgets for pinball manufacture.

You mean like 2004? I'm rooting for your dream, don't get me wrong. But if you think they are going to redo LOTR whole art package and basically improve the game, and charge IM money....well, you get my point.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I mean like 2014! Hey, I wasn't following pinball actively in 2004 so maybe there was a reason other than money constraints that the LOTR playfields have fuzzy resolution and the callouts are less than stellar quality. What I can say is I remember thinking the playfield looked kind of cheap when I played the game in a bar ~ 10 years ago, and if they can make one now that looks and sounds better (and I'm pretty sure they can) then why not!

Well, they did rerun it as an LE already, so if they want to make a better version and alienate their LE customers, more power to them. Bring it on, I would love to sell my pro for a better than LE version in the future.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

You're selling your LOTR?

I have had it on CL for a week or two, for 5k.....Looks like I will have to lower the price though.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

TSPP has so much stuff on the playfield (including toys that were bought for it), I think it would cost a lot more then it did, which would mean that the NIB prices would be pretty far above current pricing, in which case what is the point? I do think they could sell a decent amount of a number of machines. LOTR, SM, POTC all work. To name others that haven't been mentioned, IJ4 (I know, haha, but it constantly sells for $4k+) and BDK spring to mind.
If we're going old school, rerun Batman Forever, every game out there needs new ramps!

I am confused by peoples assessment of LOTR being a must to remake. Do they not sell between 4k and 6k? Are people having trouble finding awesome examples for that price range? Its likely the second or third must produced Stern, along with TSPP and AC/DC. I would think that Nice examples of LOTR would sell for more if it was in such demand. It could be my location tipping the scales though, Michigan tends to have a whole lot of pins compared a lot of states.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I don't know if anything has changed with ACDC, but Stern has said that POTC was their most produced title.

Yeah, yeah....I forgot about that one. Thats easy to do for me.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

On Tspp I thought that big homer head was a toy and stern bought hundreds of those for the machine. Those would be hard to reproduce.

I work in plastics, no they would not be hard to reproduce. Cost prohibitive to a degree, but hard to reproduce, not so much. The chances of the original mold still being around are pretty good.

#161 9 years ago

My whole opinion of this whole thing is predicated on one thing.....When the #@*& are they going to announce the next new game? I could not care less about a rerun of an IM, or speculation about Tron, or any other game I can go find and buy tomorrow. Where is TWD? Oh and Kiss, can Kiss my @ss.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.95
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-look-for-future-stern-vault-editions-speculate?tu=PEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.