(Topic ID: 113493)

Stern: List of Code Updates Urgently Needed

By Lermods

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

The purpose of this thread is to outline the most egregious code updates needed. Can we please try to keep this on topic. Maybe/hopefully, Stern will see this and take action. Might be naive to think this will actually work, but it's worth trying. For newer games, we can expect broader code updates, this thread is to ask for the more serious ones that affect game play in a significant way.

I will start with Avengers:

1. Fix H bounce back in the saucer by forcing the H target to drop as soon as the ball falls into the saucer. TSPP's I&S kick out had similar issue and was corrected in later code.

2. Give the spinner a rule. This might include x number of spins awards a hit to black widow or each spin awards points that coincide with the number of hits you already have on BW.

#2 9 years ago

IM. Make do or die multiball achievable. Or at least in the realm of possible.

#3 9 years ago

Iron Man:
1. Give us a real skill shot please!
2. Combo champ/extra balls for lot of combos would be nice.

1. Make Navi Multiball a bit easier to get to. Or allow us to change that in the settings. That is the one insert that is so hard to light.

#4 9 years ago

Star trek le - make t he asteroid flashers and the chase lights work.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The purpose of this thread is to outline the most egregious code updates needed. Can we please try to keep this on topic. Maybe/hopefully, Stern will see this and take action. Might be naive to think this will actually work, but it's worth trying. For newer games, we can expect broader code updates, this thread is to ask for the more serious ones that affect game play in a significant way.
I will start with Avengers:
1. Fix H bounce back in the saucer by forcing the H target to drop as soon as the ball falls into the saucer. TSPP's I&S kick out had similar issue and was corrected in later code.
2. Give the spinner a rule. This might include x number of spins awards a hit to black widow or each spin awards points that coincide with the number of hits you already have on BW.

I'm with you on this. Even if a lot of people keep saying Avengers has a complete code I would like something more polish for my Avengers LE. Personaly I think for Stern Avengers is long gone and far away they won't invest any energy or ressources on this pin. Next time I'm making sure before I buy a NIB pin Lyman is on it lol. Can't complain with AC/DC and MET.

#6 9 years ago

Wheel of Fortune wizard and polish

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Hysterical!!!!

#8 9 years ago

Avatar LE- fix the seed jackpot insert to light during link MB

Star Trek LE - flashers, Polish

ACDC - cannon inserts

TWD - Self explanatory

WOF - what shockdoc said

#9 9 years ago

Stern should hand the open source code to us so we can finish them.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Iron Man:

Disable the up post

#11 9 years ago

IM needs a separate War Machine Multiball and Drone Multiball, with super jackpots for Drone Multiball that would make achieving DOD Multiball more achievable. That way you could play super well, get supers on everything, and basically just have the 2nd and 3rd iron man scoring to complete.

In fact you could even make it so that you could get the "super" lit for iron man targets by scoring beyond a certain threshold during the first fast scoring mode, therefore it would ENCOURAGE you to play fast and loose, but set everything up so you'd have multiballs going while fast scoring was running.

I think that would allow for the player to choose if they wanted to go all in, try for DOD MB, or just spread the multiballs out to play a more safe and longer game (ie. more strategic versus gameplay).

#12 9 years ago

I always get a kick out of seeing the Wheel of Fortune jabs.
Stern could knock a big monkey off their backs though if they did fix this. A shame it will never happen.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Iron Man:
2. Combo champ/extra balls for lot of combos would be nice.
1. Make Navi Multiball a bit easier to get to. Or allow us to change that in the settings. That is the one insert that is so hard to light.

Turn off the orbit post and then you will have a real skill shot.

Also I love you people think this is urgent. Stern obviously this is life or death and its urgent we get code updates.

#14 9 years ago

I would love to see a extra ball that you can earn not just randomly get as a reward in Iron Man. Some of the other things people have mentioned would be nice as well.

#15 9 years ago

X-Men: Game Over

Though it is a long road to get to (and I will never get to it) after you reach Danger Room and Dark Phoenix....the game is over. As in, there is nothing left to shoot for. The modes do not reset and villain modes can not be replayed. This was a bug that was introduced on the very last code update and never corrected. One could always say..."Don't update to the latest version", but the latest code version also had some important bug fixes that none of the other versions had.

Spider-Man: Balls locked instant info

There is no way to tell how many balls you have locked in Spider-Man. As super polished as the code in Spider-Man is...not having a way to tell how many balls a player has locked for Black Suit Multiball seems like a glaring oversight.

#16 9 years ago

A lot of this stuff is subjective....it's more helpful to complain about the things that are concrete problems or literally "unfinished". Example:

Avengers:
-Thor flasher bug (which I know has been fixed but not released for some reason )
-No dots for final wizard mode

#17 9 years ago

Meteor:

Needs 4-ball multiball

Cue:

Needs DBA support

Iron Maiden:

Needs new DMD animation

Galaxy:

Needs support for the Euro

#18 9 years ago

ACDC LE and Premium - detailed modes or varying objectives for lower playfield, more random lit cannon targets and make use of the live tracks. (sounds like more than a few things remain).

Tron - instant info.

#19 9 years ago

Ya these things all sound quite urgent. You guys shouldn't even play your games until they're addressed. Topic drained.

#20 9 years ago

Lower playfield on ACDC needs better rules. Can you "complete" anything down there? Can you earn anything down there? It's just a scoring flail fest for the most part. The roving target is great...and when you hit it...it keeps roving. Right.

#21 9 years ago

Avengers attract sounds, come on Stern, that is not hard to implement!
Also divert the ball to the VUK when extra ball is lit and a Black Widow shot is made.

#22 9 years ago

Wheel of Fortune
Indiana Jones 4

#23 9 years ago

Wof

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Avengers attract sounds, come on Stern, that is not hard to implement!
Also divert the ball to the VUK when extra ball is lit and a Black Widow shot is made.

Like that a lot! Plus have ball carry over on mini-wizard AOTHC like on Jericho.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Like that a lot! Plus have ball carry over on mini-wizard AOTHC like on Jericho.

Updated code for xmen added attract sounds, so avengers should have it. Not sure I entirely like the extra ball diverter. I like the challenge of trying to get it in the saucer. Definitely would love to have AOTHC carry over. If we can get the H bounce fixed, I'd be content.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A lot of this stuff is subjective....it's more helpful to complain about the things that are concrete problems or literally "unfinished". Example:
Avengers:
-Thor flasher bug (which I know has been fixed but not released for some reason )
-No dots for final wizard mode

You are right about the wizard mode. Been there only once but was really disapointed of the non existence of dot animation for the final battle. Helicarier is allright so wtf about battle for earth ?

#27 9 years ago

Here's my list for STLE:

- 2X pf award doesn't score properly
- double scoring doesn't score properly
- drop target timing doesn't work when certain modes or features are stacked (i.e. Extra ball + galactic vengeance).
- enterprise amok doesn't always light when all level 2 missions are completed.
- asteroid flashers are not implemented to gameplay
- apron lights that were added because the VUK warp was demo'd from the game still has not been implemented into gameplay

AVENGERS:
- Thor flasher doesn't always worked. Bug tied to mystery award - see Lyman for more details.
- spinner is not tied into a single rule
- no dots or dmd instructions for battle for earth

How's mustangs ruleset?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's my list for STLE:
- 2X pf award doesn't score properly
- double scoring doesn't score properly
- drop target timing doesn't work when certain modes or features are stacked (i.e. Extra ball + galactic vengeance).
- enterprise amok doesn't always light when all level 2 missions are completed.
- asteroid flashers are not implemented to gameplay
- apron lights that were added because the VUK warp was demo'd from the game still has not been implemented into gameplay

Just noticed on Star Trek today that during Kobayashi Maru if you light the extra ball via the warp ramp it will not light the playfield lamp at all. However it does award the extra ball anyway.
Not a big deal since most players know where the extra ball shot is, but new people would have no idea.

#29 9 years ago

How or why did they not do any dots for the final wizard mode for Avengers? How weird. Some attract mode, music or call outs would be awesome. I'd kick in some money to have these few things done on my pin. I'm sure I'm not alone. I know it should have already been done but they don't have any incentive to do more coding for these older games. 5?10?20 dollars?

#30 9 years ago

wof and ij4

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hey, I took matters into my own hands. I moved the BW switch from the Opto to the Spinner. Now, you spin the spinner, you spot the letter. Its freaking great. I keep meaning to make a howto but life keeps getting in the way. But, it IS much better. Now, back to our regularly scheduled topic:

Avengers Saucer Awards are terrible, Thor flasher is still busted, and the Thor dropdown reset could be fixed so balls don't get stuck.

-Wes

#32 9 years ago

Has there ever been talk of Stern changing the left VUK on ST, so the ball guide doesn't always move to the side? So, the ball will return to the left flipper instead? It seems like that's how it was designed. But, maybe its just to direct the ball into the hole.

Thanks.

Brian

#33 9 years ago

Mustang: better way to use targets after the drop targets;
TWD: give a (small) reward if woodburry shot when not lit, even just some points would do;

any pinball ~ add a video mode ~ please...

#34 9 years ago

Would be nice to finally get a code with a working WIZARD MODE on TWD. Collecting all multi-kill weapons and then still nothing happens. Huge letdown for my personal taste.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Has there ever been talk of Stern changing the left VUK on ST, so the ball guide doesn't always move to the side? So, the ball will return to the left flipper instead? It seems like that's how it was designed. But, maybe its just to direct the ball into the hole.
Thanks.
Brian

This has been consistently mentioned by SR that future updates will address this, but we would need an update in the first place.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

This has been consistently mentioned by SR that future updates will address this, but we would need an update in the first place.

It's been barren for updates lately for any game.

Rob

#37 9 years ago

Avengers
Have how many shots required to collect and then complete all the avengers. At the moment I have no idea how to get hulk multiball I just keep hitting the drops until I get it same with Thor. But I know where I'm at when I hit the other avengers because it comes up for a moment or two on the dmd. But it would be nice to know via status updates. Even if it had the image it shows up when you hit that shot it would be nice'

#38 9 years ago

Video games sucker users into paying for additional content all the time. For extra maps, characters, and weapons. I would gladly pay extra for additional coding. Come on Stern!!!

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Video games sucker users into paying for additional content all the time. For extra maps, characters, and weapons. I would gladly pay extra for additional coding. Come on Stern!!!

You're comparing Freemium games or at the very most $50 games to $6000 games. For what pinball machines cost, no one should have to pay Stern for extra coding. Games should be complete & bug free.

BTW how would they charge anyway? As soon as one person "buys" an update, everyone would have it for free anyway.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

...right after my Monopoly.....

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

...right after my Monopoly.....

What's missing on monopoly?
I like the wiz mode

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're comparing Freemium games or at the very most $50 games to $6000 games. For what pinball machines cost, no one should have to pay Stern for extra coding. Games should be complete & bug free.
BTW how would they charge anyway? As soon as one person "buys" an update, everyone would have it for free anyway.

Clearly I'm desperate here for new content on my games and im not using logic. Thanks for raining on my parade.

#43 9 years ago

Austin Powers: Additional quotes from the third movie should be added

In all seriousness:

Iron Man: should have combo champ like someone stated earlier
X-Men: placeholder Wizard Mode needs rules to make the game complete and displays
Avengers: Bonus X should be easier to activate (no one uses their time to complete 6 rollovers) and spinner should have rules like someone else stated
Mustang: More multiball and modes! While I love the game ATM I still feel it could use a little more depth.
Star Trek: 3rd Vengeance Battle pls

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

X-Men: placeholder Wizard Mode needs rules to make the game complete and displays

Could you elaborate?
I though dark phoenix was implamented

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Could you elaborate?
I though dark phoenix was implamented

In early code revisions, after completing both Danger Room and Dark Phoenix, you would enter another Wizard Mode. However, the entire Wizard Mode had no opportunities for Jackpots - just a 4-ball multiball with the words "Wizard Mode Multiball" on the display. After completing the "wizard mode", you return to normal play, but because all of the hero and villain modes are completed, you have no choice but to play Magneto Multiball all day.

#46 9 years ago

Interesting...thanks for the explanation.
I though DP was the grand wizard mode.
Is the placeholder in the current code?

#47 9 years ago

I thought they abandoned the final wizard mode instead giving us 2 wizard modes in danger room and dark phoenix? Game should reset after those are played I thoight? Can an owner with current code confirm?

1 week later
#48 9 years ago

So what do you guys think, this sound like the priority of recent games that need an update? One may argue that ST deserves to be in the#1 spot:

1. TWD - incomplete
2. Star trek - 1year+ and still buggy to all hell with LE/prem features not implemented.
3. Mustang - I honestly don't know the state of this code.
4. Avengers- Thor flasher bug. Spinner rules + any more polish? Fix out of hand bonuses?
5. AC-DC polish
6. Metallica polish

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So what do you guys think, this sound like the priority of recent games that need an update? One may argue that ST deserves to be in the#1 spot:
1. TWD - incomplete
2. Star Trek - 1year+ and still buggy to all hell with LE/prem features not implemented.
3. Mustang - I honestly don't know the state of this code.
4. Avengers- Thor flasher bug. Spinner rules + any more polish? Fix out of hand bonuses?
5. AC-DC polish
6. Metallica polish

Avengers needs Wizard mode dots. Why does everyone think it needs spinner rules? Does the spinner at least give some points? It makes a cool sound when you spin it...as long as it gives some points, don't expect the spinner to do anything else.

What polish does Metallica need? Everything does something, everything is awesome. It has a billion awesome options in the adjustments. If I had one nitpick it's the super f*cking loud music sting when you finish a Crank-it-Up...but aside from that, Metallica needs nothing, IMO.

#50 9 years ago

Avengers needs the h bounce back issue fixed, it affects gameplay in a very negative way. Spinner doesn't award points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-list-of-code-updates-urgently-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.