Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-10-09 14.41.20 (resized).jpg
IMG_7524 (resized).JPG
IMG_7522 (resized).JPG
IMG_7523 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Which one is the best/most fun etc. help appreciated!

#2 7 years ago

Elektra just has an amazing ruleset....and an awesome countdown bonus. I almost want it back in the collection again.

#3 7 years ago

Questions like this are posted here all the time, and it really boils down to what you like.
Play them both and you decide which title you like the best.
Heck, I could say Elektra because that was the record label The Cars used to release their records on, but Lighting is better.

#4 7 years ago

Tough call.
Both are great.
Are the games in similar condition?
Best for you to decide after playing both.

#5 7 years ago

If you pass on Lightning, toss it my way!

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Are the games in similar condition?

The Lightning does not have a backglass, did not see how the Elektra looks, only saw a picture of the cabinet..my guess they are the same.

2 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

Close call this one, Stargazer! Both are great games from one of pinball's finest years: 1981. You can't go wrong with either, gameplay-wise. Great rulesets which are pretty complicated considered the time they were made.

Most Lightnings have bad playfield inserts. The two large blue ones are usually the worst, and are not readily available. Also check if the speech is working. The classic Stern speech chip is very hard to find.

Lots of Elektra's have bad upper playfields. Also, when you shop it: The entire main playfield is covered by a plexiglass. Be careful when you take the plexiglass off. It may take some of the playfield artwork with it!

I would normally say you are more than welcome to try my restored and clearcoated Lightning out, but it's staying over at my brother in Groningen at the moment.

If you decide not to take the Elektra, let me know! I'm interested in owning one once again.

#8 7 years ago

Elektra is the better game.

1 week later
#9 7 years ago

Ahh wanted them both..but im spare on space, in the end i got the Lightning, i was in a better condition with all the boards/parts in (hopefully) working order (the Elektras are already sold btw) Also i like the upper slingshots of the Lightning and the color scheme. Next time i will need a bigger car (and house)

IMG_7523 (resized).JPGIMG_7523 (resized).JPG

IMG_7522 (resized).JPGIMG_7522 (resized).JPG

IMG_7524 (resized).JPGIMG_7524 (resized).JPG

2016-10-09 14.41.20 (resized).jpg2016-10-09 14.41.20 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Congratulations, nice catch! Your playfield looks to be in similar shape as mine was in, before I restored it.

Don't forget to join the club!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-lightning-club-welcome-to-valhalla

#11 7 years ago

Jappie Thanks for the tip, joining now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-lightning-vs-elektra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.