(Topic ID: 316754)

Stern Lightning not ejecting balls from traps when game is over.

By acdc_fan

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by acdc_fan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hello,

The Lightning I'm working on will not eject the balls from the trap(s) when the game is over. In test mode all switches are working as is are the solenoids. During game play it recognizes when the ball(s) are in the traps and it will do the multiball. But if a ball(s) are left in the trap(s) they don't eject at the end of the game. Not sure if it's a transistor or something else. The schematic is a little cryptic to me. I hope its something simple I'm over looking.

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

First question is...should they? Don;t know lightning well but other Stern games will keeps balls game to game.
    Does it kick them out on start up?

#3 1 year ago

No it doesn't. Just launches the only ball left in trough and plays as if all the balls are there. Been going through the boards trying to trace the circuit.

#4 1 year ago

Mine doesn't either, I just assumed that is how it's supposed to be. If there is an option to have them kick out at the end of a game, it's likely a dipswitch setting (I know on my Fathom it's exactly this because I changed it to kick out after having it for about a week).

#5 1 year ago

Its normal, locked balls stay after each game.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Its normal, locked balls stay after each game.

This is correct.

rd

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

Mine doesn't either, I just assumed that is how it's supposed to be. If there is an option to have them kick out at the end of a game, it's likely a dipswitch setting (I know on my Fathom it's exactly this because I changed it to kick out after having it for about a week).

There is not an option to release the balls once the game is over. Your game is normal and it is working as designed. Black Knight does not release locked balls from the upper playfield either.

#8 1 year ago

Oh wow ok so just have to wait till I get the targets to start a multiball. Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-lightning-not-ejecting-balls-from-traps-when-game-is-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.