(Topic ID: 144316)

Stern light mod help / Spike electrical question

By Luckydogg420

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image_2.png
    image_1.png
    image.png
    image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

The spliter you showed can safely run @ 18 inches of 5050 LEDs or @ 30 leds total. Anything more is not safe unless you run another P/S sized for the number of LEDs that want to run.

I'm running a 12v led 5050 strip for under cab lighting off my 12 connection plug to the right of the coin door (stern, non spike) probably around 10-12 ft. Is that not safe? Thought the led strips used very little power??

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

Each led uses very little current but 12 feet (225 leds) uses quite a bit of current. Are they flashing or on steady it makes a big difference. If it were me I would use power supply pluged into the service outlet, but I rather be safe than sorry.

They fade in and out. The problem with using the service outlet or power to the service outlet is its always hot, so I have to plug and unplug them all the time. I didn't use a splitter and wired directly to the ground and 12v wires going to the plug. I also have them on a 12v mini controller

#19 8 years ago

Shouldnt be, its the one to use. Put a meter on it to see how much power it puts out. Stern plugs have three wires, blk, red/gry and red for ground, 12v and 5v.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-light-mod-help-spike-electrical-question?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.