(Topic ID: 48457)

Stern LE/Pros seperate on the top 100?

By Dommer

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

anyone else feel like the newer sterns with LE and pro versions should only get one slot on the top 100 list? considering most of the differences are cosmetic, i don't see when they both should be listed. seems like it's really skewing the rankings and drives me crazy when i see an LE version and then the pro just a couple slots down. right now there's only a few, but still...just seems kinda unnecessary.

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dommer:

considering most of the differences are cosmetic

This really isn't the case though. Aside from SM and Elvis.

#3 11 years ago

I think they should be ranked separately. The pro models are missing features that are in a premium/LE, therfore the rules and game play are slightly different. AC/DC pro feels like a different machine when playing compared to premium/LE model, so it should be ranked accordingly.

#4 11 years ago

LE's and Pro's,definitely different machines.Stern seems to be marketing them that way so as to appeal to different buyers.Ranking them is so subjective anyway .

#5 11 years ago

Premium and LE differences are cosmetic, but not with Pro. Pro's definitely have playfield/gameplay differences in all their releases. SM and Elvis just have LE versions, the regular versions are basically equivalent to today's Premiums.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-lepros-seperate-on-the-top-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.