Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mgreene
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

This is my first Stern pin and it is a near basket case, everything appears to be there, with exception to the speaker & bracket, and left flipper cabinet switch.

i have a spare right cabinet switch, could i use that? the only difference i can see so far is that there are 3 wires going to the right switch where there are only 2 for the left. what would be an equivalent bally assembly if i cant find a stern part?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from mgreene:

This is my first Stern pin and it is a near basket case, everything appears to be there, with exception to the speaker & bracket, and left flipper cabinet switch.
i have a spare right cabinet switch, could i use that? the only difference i can see so far is that there are 3 wires going to the right switch where there are only 2 for the left. what would be an equivalent bally assembly if i cant find a stern part?

Are you talking about the button itself or the switch stack? Also you tagged Trident for the topic but didn’t mention it, which would be beneficial to other posters to assist you. The right flipper probably has some sort of extra functionality which is why there are 3 wires instead of two. I’d have to look at my Seawitch to recall what the reasoning is. You should only need 2 for the left. You can buy the proper parts from Steve at PBR or maybe Pinball Life?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Are you talking about the button itself or the switch stack? Also you tagged Trident for the topic but didn’t mention it, which would be beneficial to other posters to assist you. The right flipper probably has some sort of extra functionality which is why there are 3 wires instead of two. I’d have to look at my Seawitch to recall what the reasoning is. You should only need 2 for the left. You can buy the proper parts from Steve at PBR or maybe Pinball Life?

Switch stack, i had originally had the game listed in the subject line but for whatever reason the forum would not allow me to post my topic, i was able to preview it but not post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 169.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-left-flipper-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.