8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#353 3 years ago

Why would this thread even created? LZ is not even out yet and a lot of guys/gals have not even got GNR yet.

2 months later
#724 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Price wise a fair comparison is the se GNR(7000) vs the pre LZ(7700). In that comparison I think the LZ has more.

Regardless of price, it’s not fair to compare a GNR Standard to a LZ premium.

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

No because theyre great songs and none have Old Plant like GnR has Fat Axl . Quality over quantity in this case.

Stern boys will love LZ regardless and JJP boys will love GNR regardless. Who cares which is better. Enjoy one or the other or both. All of these choices we have in today’s pinball world is remarkable. Pinball almost died in the early 2000’s. Now look at it. I love the competition. It’s truly a great time to be in pinball.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What if you're a fan of both companies like I am? WOZ got me into this mess...I just haven't been as excited about any theme JJP has put out since.

Basically you win. You have the best of both worlds.

#751 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Seen some of the LZ stream prior to shut down.
Looks to be an excellent shooter with great flow. SR still has the Midas Touch.
No doubt there is a deep rule set with a ton of hidden extras. Will be a win win game for fans of Led Zep.
The playfield art pops and suits the theme very nicely.
Fortunately for LE purchasers armor its not too difficult to replace. Have to agree the blue is puke !
Agree with many on the lazy cab art for pro and prem.
Led Zep will turn out to be a most enjoyable title and make top 20 no problem.
Pity the art lets it down.
Sounds like GnR will make and remain top 10 for a long while.
Both titles have a lot going for them and both will be excellent.
If we only had space and could afford them all

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why are you posting these pics based on price? You need to post pics based on the companies best model. CE vs LE. JMO.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Like this....[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shit that’s beautiful.

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Its only fair to compare the titles at same levels.
GnR CE is at a whole next level up and so far from what I have seen easily trumps any other new game currently on the market.
If Stern thought it was viable to release a Led Zep CE that would be a fair fight.
Stern are a high volume manufacturer so I guess CEs are not viable for most titles. No doubt Stern will cash in on a CE for the right titles such as BttF and HP.

Lol that’s my point. Sterns LE (best model) can’t come close to JJP’s CE (best model). Sterns LE is their CE. By the way, JJP needs to do BTTF.

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from STXDrew:

I would absolutely $*** myself if they jjp did a BTTF pin. That’s not the first time I’ve heard that either. Is their any credible rumors that it’s actually being considered?

I’m not sure but I would 100% buy it.

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are 22 song modes. You should want to play the songs. The whole point of the game is to play songs. I do agree the 4 album modes will need to be improved and I’m sure they will. Code complaints are a strange reason to dump GNR.

Totally agree.

#926 3 years ago

I’m in on a GNR CE. Yes, I have played a GNR LE and love it. The detail that has been put into this pinball is remarkable. Goes to show you when you have the full rights to something, wonderful things happen. Hope to get it soon. Congrats to those who got a LZ LE. One of my favorite bands ever. But for me, GNR as a band and pinball was a better choice. Happy flipping.

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I definitely liked to troll in the past, but then grew out of it. I’ll have here and there now, but nothing like what I used to.

You have gotten a lot better. You need to teach me master.

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well said! I don't think anyone is saying "LZ pinball sucks". The complaints are about Stern not making a product that justifies the asking price. At the prices Stern is charging there's no excuse (other then greed) to cut corners in terms of quality, features and toys.
I don't doubt for a second that Stern has dramatically increased their profit on titles over the past 5 years due to cost cutting efforts and putting less in games. Those decisions don't make the games less fun but they certainly don't make a purchase worth it for many buyers. The last time Stern seemed to load a game up in a big way was Ghostbusters premium / LE.
When I read people go on and on about flow in modern Stern's being better then a loaded game I can't help but to face palm. A game with less in it will always play faster and personally I think that's a bad thing for buyers as it equals a bad value at today's NIB prices.
[quoted image]

Well said. Sometimes what I’m am thinking I can’t express in words but this sums it up perfectly.

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You two could circle jerk all day

#1104 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...except the Ferrari is always in the shop.

Zizzles don’t break down much. Nothing to them.

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're right! My Attack From Mars hardly ever breaks down. That must be why.
Oh...and Merry Christmas, btw...

Better built. Love AFM. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You are really reaching now to try and find things to complain about on GNR.
JJP priced GNR SE to be their lowest cost game to date and as a result cannot include everything on the LE model.
Now how in the world does a rising spinner represent Electric Magic? Lol.

#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is a fundamental reading comprehension issue with some on pinside.
I didn’t say they were being cheap, all I said was it was a questionable decision as it’s likely a relatively inexpensive part.
Cost diff between white and full color is negligible and nobody said it should have all features of LE, shit they couldn’t be more different. SE shoots great and is missing a ton of crap.

Stern Pro’s are right up there with their LE’s?

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure I’m following what your saying?
I did commend Stern for offering the new light show on the LZ pro. Leave it up to the buyer if it’s important or not without having to take the full jump up to next model.

You were saying that JJP’s SE has a lot left out compared to the LE. Well Eric mentioned that they were trying to lower the price to be more competitive. In order to do so, you have to eliminate items that cost money. It’s common sense. Have you seen the video from Karl DeAngelo? Top professional player who explains GNR like I have never seen before. He truly loves the game as well as others do. None of this “it’s growing on me”. Just my thoughts. If you love LZ, good for you. But saying GNR is not better than LZ based on what we have seen so far, licensed vs no license it crazy. If Stern did GNR like this and JJP did LZ like Stern did, I would man up and say damn, JJP got their ass kicked on this one. Just my thoughts for the day. Carry on!

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So what your saying is JJP is in cost cutting mode

I would say the SE was cut back some to get it to a more comfortable price point. Stern has been doing it so I’m sure it’s ok for JJP to do it.

#1136 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So you believe that they could not get the chest to open lets not forget the missing monkey they are cutting cost

Could be cost cutting sure. Even when JJP did this, their pins are still better than the Zizzles.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude the thread is LZ vs GnR is going to create some combative posting!

Exactly. It’s a vs. thread but you can’t say anything negative. Lol.

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Thats why he said "I actually hate GnR--mostly because I can't stand the band"

That’s why I love all of these different themes to choose from. Makes it easy to pic what you like. Hats off to all these companies making pinballs for us to enjoy during these hard times. Come on 2021!

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh cmon man you know you’ve done your share of bashing other people’s opinions.It’s ridiculous some of the things that are said here but I get this is a LZ vs GnR thread.I know it’s been hard to defend what Stern has done with this license but we can stop reaching for everything to convince people it’s better then GnR!It’s laughable to compare them

This is a true statement. If LZ looked like GNR and vice versa, I would be man enough to say LZ kicked GNR’s ass. When you say it’s growing on you what you are trying to do is convince yourself to like it. Now that’s sad. LZ may be a ok pin but it’s no match for GNR. That’s fact!

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll believe this when you actually own a Stern.

Lol. I have owned over 15 Sterns. Try again!

#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Seriously considering JJP GNR after seeing last few Stern releases. Just watched LZ SDTM video and wasn’t impressed at all. Actually felt embarrassed in a weird way.

GNR is bad ass. It really is a masterpiece!

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea don’t honestly know. Time will tell I guess. I imagine it would hurt them a lot if they tried to shut down people from streaming their games. But I think there’s another thread for that so that’s all say about it here.

That would suck. I love watching streams of pins.

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, just got call today, get my GNRCE delivered in 2-3 weeks per Distro from JJP call requesting funds.

Congrats ICE!

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Im surprised he does have the right.
In general companies try and keep their employees out of social media bullshit like this thread (many times by contract).
Not the most professional look for a company to have their employees popping off about market opinions right or wrong.

I think it’s great and he has every right to do so. I value his opinion so I’m glad he did.

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. That's just your opinion. There are plenty of JJP fanboys that love how their games play.
I mean i love my FUN playing Stern games and i've had my share of criticism for JJP but i'd say that's a bit harsh. How's he gonna answer that question when he's not the designer?
And he's entitled to speak his mind as much as anybody on here.

Elvis needs to leave the building.

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Whatever man... I play the stupid things and when they dont play great its disappointing.
Its not like I had my fingers crossed I wouldnt like it, I was looking forward to it.
Srry I cant jump on the game of the century bandwagon.

Some will not like GNR. It’s all good. But this will be the game of the year. I’m counting the days til I get mine. If it was not for JJP in 2013, I was thinking about getting out of pinball. Bally, Williams are the only companies that kept me interested til Jack created JJP. Sterns do nothing for me but I’m glad they are still around.

#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah you called it correct, GNR IS GOTY.
The poll on this thread already says everything you need to know on who won the rock pin battle, but the GOTY will be the icing on the cake
[quoted image]

Unless some other company picks up the pace, I see this game being #1 for a very long time. Trust me I have some great pins but this game is in a different league. Comparing another game to GNR makes me laugh.

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’ve played GNR. It’s phenomenal. My game will be here Monday or Tuesday.
However, give JP a real serious look. Sterns are great too, JP is crazy good. There must be a stern out there for you.

I have owned over 15 Sterns just no staying power. Maybe one day. If they make Beetlejuice or BTTF maybe. But I’m afraid it would be a LZ.

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Then laugh. Why do you care what others think? Does it keep you up at night if there is one person out there that likes LZ?
Things must be good out there for so many to be upset about you likes and doesn't like a pinball game.

I love pinball and GNR. Happy New Year! Bless everyone.

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

How can you love GNR? I am calling bull-shit for you and ICE. I seriously doubt either one of you have ACTUALLY played GNR and are just clinching your pearls in anticipation of actually receiving your(special collector) games. You can talk the talk-but can you walk the walk? Guys can we please actually play both games and then make a REAL comparison-or just continue trolling?

You are nuts! What the F is wrong with you. YES I have played it. A friend has a LE. It’s fantastic. Do you want to tell me I didn’t have eggs this morning for breakfast? I just did and they were great.

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Uh, you realize that you can set the individual coil strength for JJP games? I have not had any games where I was sitting there saying "dang, my flippers are too slow".

Exactly. Lol

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hmm.... there is one kernel of truth on that. That vehicle is much more likely to be able to go a few km without needing a stupid expensive service than a Lambo.
Just like a LZ is likely to need fewer adjustments to play well than a GNR. Way more simple design; comparatively like a pedal powered car to a Lambo
For a minimal price difference, though I respect the pedal powered version, I would still take the lambo if I was cross shopping both...

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

From Pinsider SW Fan:
When they were both released, I thought GnR blew it away. But now that I’ve played GnR, I’m thinking LZ is going to be the winner in the end.

Coffee came out my nose just now. You are funny little guy. LMAO.

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

So Mark1971 obviously loves the band, big f-ing deal! Me too! What does that have to do with the game? You are losing it...

There is no hope for the boy, he knows GNR kicked its ass down the street but he keeps coming back to get punched in the face. I love it.

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You will for sure go down as the official GNR Cheerleader for Pinside. The amount of hype you spew out of your mouth without even owning your collector game yet is humorous. I wonder how long you will try and hold out? You trade your games like baseball cards-so I give it a year before you decide to get off the hype train and dump it.
I like this song-it is catchy

Listen little boy. If you like Zizzles that’s your problem not ours. Trades. You are stupid as crap. I have had most of my collection of same games for 5-10 years. Your just flat out ignorant. Have you played your Zizzle LZ?

#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thank you sir!

C41F9DFD-3BF4-4F84-A615-997310101622 (resized).jpegC41F9DFD-3BF4-4F84-A615-997310101622 (resized).jpeg
#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm curious as to what game u give high praise?....u hide your collection so hard to tell

Good point!

#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just a guess?
[quoted image]

LMAO.

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And hard to compare pro to le. Which i understand is all we have to compare now. Prem and le I think are much better than the pro

Not a fair comparison but I don’t think it will matter anyway. GNR is all around a better pin. Having full licensed rights make a very big difference. LZ is one of my favorite bands but this was a weak effort by Stern. Can’t do much without full licensed rights!

#1660 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm the same way...that's why my only LE is Tron LE...the king of LE's! Pre-Premium. I much prefer the GNR LE art package over the CE.

Just helped a friend unbox his CE. He also has a LE. The CE is stunning. LE is beautiful but it’s no CE. I have seen both side by side.

#1671 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You’ve never played it,but you are an expert?

If Stern made it he would respond totally different.

#1680 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I noticed slash has a couple of stern games, but wanted JJP to build his.
[quoted image]

Wonder why?

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Now this is a very stupid observation!Cmon man you saw the interview with Eric from SDTM

He saw it and knows the truth. Just being stupid.

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I don't watch podcasts, much better things to do. While you guys may be easily swayed by others, I form my own opinions.

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Is nobody else bothered by the key board sounds in GnR? From the videos I’ve seen, it seems ubiquitous. It reminds me of Wonka.

Nope it’s wonderful. Love it.

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And I do know who Hardy is, I dont watch a lot of YouTube, but prefer the more optimistic approach of deadflip , or sdtm. I know hardy has a diff approach

You need to watch hardy. He calls it like he sees it. Bad or good to each company. Deadflip on the other hand while I like Jack Danger does lean favoritism towards Stern. Just the way it is.

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Of course jd leans towards stern. But, watch him play any game, any era, and he's havin fun. I don't know if he can stream a gnr or not, with his stern relationship but woukd be cool to see

Exactly my point. Watch Cary Hardy. He’s not bias! Fair and square across the board.

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ok. You guys win. Congrats

About time. You have seen the light. Praise Jesus!

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Haha, good discussion is great, I just get tired of negativity. Enjoy that ce. Its gorgeous!

Mine is being delivered tomorrow and I’m off from work. Can’t wait!

#1756 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Is it, seriously? Can it be turned down? It seems odd to be in a pin for a hard rock band.

Not sure. I have played my friends LE and it does no bother me. I’m getting my CE tomorrow so I can let you know. When are you getting your GNR?

#1783 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Nice! They requested full payment for mine, haven’t heard anything else.

Then it’s coming soon. I should have mine within 2 hours.

#1791 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I don’t understand why so many people think that EVERYONE wants packed playfields and lots of toys in their pins? I would agree that most do, but some prefer a better shooting pin with more flow. You can have toys, and you can have flow, but you really can’t have both without there being at least some trade off to the other.
LZ Pro shoots 1000x better than GNR LE.
GNR LE is 1000x more interesting than LZ Pro.
Now choose which of the above is more important to you and stop bashing those that choose the other.
P.s. I‘be played them both on multiple occasions now, and have over 20 games on each.

I choose GNRSE, GNRLE & GNRCE. Have a good day!

1 week later
#1894 3 years ago

Like I said 3 months ago.

#1912 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Slash seems happy with his game.
[quoted image]

Hard for a lot of people to admit this but the people have spoken. Game of the year. Hell yeah!!!

1 week later
#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from ctswhole:

Spent the day setting up Led Zepplin and GNR. Both are great games but I can’t stop playing GNR the game is over the top!
[quoted image]

This says it all. I do want to play LZ but I know what you mean. GNR keeps you coming back. Like I said back in Oct, game of the year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.