8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Isn’t the virtual expo event later this week with interviews, factory tours etc...
Any chance some of some pinball news this week from any of the mfg’s?

I don’t think so. JJP just announced and Stern schedule is December. AP just released Hot Wheels, but that was a few months ago and there is a rumor they have another game ready.....Maybe deeproot will actually show RAZA gameplay and have more details.

1 month later
#549 3 years ago
Quoted from STXDrew:

Now wait just a damn second. I was so fired up about a zeppelin pin then reading it’s just a quicksilver reskin?!?!? Like the Beatles and sea witch?!?!? Please god and baby Jesus no! Hoping for an original; will spring for an LE if so. Fingers crossed

Not a reskin. Uncross fingers.

1 week later
#634 3 years ago

Those that have played GNR a decent amount will understand this. GNR builds up to “moments” better than any pinball machine. I like the fact that you don’t start in a song. You build your song up, assemble your band, and work up to a huge moment. A huge payoff. That anticipation combined with the assets, light show and choreography make it an outstanding game.

No one here knows how LZ shoots or much about the code apart from the Timmy interview. I bet it shoots pretty darn good with a SR layout. Not sure about the code. Tim describes some confusing scenarios during that interview.

Both games can be good, but I have a hard time seeing a scenario where an average buyer can proclaim the entire package of LZ is superior. LZ fans will always prefer LZ. GNR fans will always prefer it. It’s the rest that will really decide.

#645 3 years ago

True statements. All my amazing games on GNR were without beers. It’s still fun with beers of course but good luck blowing the game up. Your reactions need to be so fast and dialed in. Nudging so critical.

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My best games ever are when I’m, what I call, “perfect drunk”

Absolutely. But it’s a fine line. Once you cross it it’s all over.

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But I actually think LZ looks like more fun to play than GNR...and isn't that what pinball's about? That's the problem with Pinside...an overreliance on amount of toys and artwork. I'll take empty and ugly with awesome gameplay any day of the week. AFM is the perfect example of this - that cabinet is simple as shit and has an empty (and ugly IMO) playfield, but one of the greatest games ever.

Boob next time you are in the dirty south, please swing by. You can play GNR and I’ll buy pizza even.

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stairway is too slow bro-you would have to use cuts and it just does not work for pinball. The song list chosen is high energy Zeppelin songs. I feel they made a great selection, and do not forget about pinbrowser. Cleland's code on Ghostbusters makes the game a whole other animal.

No way. Pinball browser isn’t happening. Game has songs on the LCD and call outs. Also the code and lights are specially tied to the choreography of each song. Cleland not happening here.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So I just traded my JJP GNR SE and the theme integration, light show and song risk/reward is fabulous. However there is no motivation to play any other modes on the game because the scoring is peanuts compared to playing the songs. Hopefully this is addressed in future code updates but didn't have a whole lot of faith it would. LZ looks promising and can't wait to play a premium, don't think the pro has enough to be considered at least for me.

There are 22 song modes. You should want to play the songs. The whole point of the game is to play songs. I do agree the 4 album modes will need to be improved and I’m sure they will. Code complaints are a strange reason to dump GNR.

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Because sometimes a player wants a break from endless multiballs and plays the other single ball modes. I got to the wizard mode, hit 8-10 shots and it gave me 230,000 which is equivalent to cashing out on a song early with nothing even built up. If you think the game is good enough with just the songs then why even have any other modes put in the game. I've owned all pinball manufactures so this is not some unhinged unreasonable take, did not want to wait to see if it might get addressed.

If you hit 10 shots in the final wizard mode and only got 230K there is a major scoring balance issue that will surely get sorted. I haven’t made it to Not in the Lifetime yet, after over 600 single player games.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You're guessing it's that way but from my experience the scoring in the album modes did not increase based on song performance, maybe if you got a patch that helped in some of them. I will move on but many of you can't fathom that your game is not perfect in every way and get defensive when someone is trying to make the game better. Maybe I gave up on it too early but will happily buy one back in the future if they make those improvements.

This is totally wrong. The value of the album mode is DIRECTLY tied to the performance of the song modes played / how much song time was played for each album. So if you just do 3:00 flat of a song you are going to have a crappy starting value of the album mode.

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I know I played some of the album modes after having a decent song and didn't see much of a difference but you know more about the game than the flow chart. Looks like most don't really care about the modes and are happy to just go after song jackpots anyway.

You need around 3 good songs from an album to have a huge starting value for that album mode with the current code. Gold / Silver / Platinum is the Progression.

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Played many jjp games...didnt enjoy any really. Stern wins for me, not even close.

After owning lots of Stern / WMS games, my first JJP purchase was GNR and I absolutely love it. They killed it. I wouldn’t discount them at this point.

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Fortunate to have gnr nearby...love the band (LZ too), didnt like that i needed to look at the backbox constantly to figure out what i was trying to shoot for (still couldnt figure it out half of the time). Lots of stuff on a playfield to me doesnt equal great pinball. Sterns tend to be easier to understand while still being fun. Star wars pro is one of my favorite games though so what do i know.

You actually don’t need to look at the backbox at all. Everything you need to know is represented on the playfield and the playfield LCD.

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yea me too and your right he's a good player you can tell he was getting pumped up when the encore was building up!

It was a great stream. Game is so deep.

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Damn I missed Karl’s stream! He’s the JJP master!

He had a 111M song jackpot drain.

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

<

Who cares....my point was he owns a shit ton of LE games, and clearly can afford them...I didn't say anything about who makes more or how rare they are.

You two need to get a room. The constant bickering isn't adding anything to this thread.

#1233 3 years ago

Watched the LZ Pro video. Looks fun to shoot but man the upper flipper is a waste on the game. The dead end shot isn’t good. When has SR ever had a main level upper flipper shot that didn’t loop?

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...you should hear the callouts in Wonka.

Wonka callouts are ok. Dialed In callouts are horrifying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.