8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Actually I think Poison would be the best music for a music pin.

Is this is a joke?
JJP doing Zepplin would be the best all around choice here. Depending on the gameplay and style it would be my first JJP. Now JJP doing Sabbath and it 100% becomes my first JJP.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This is a no brainer. Stern turns out a Kinkos printed Led Zepplin with the same layout as the last 5 pins that look all the same VS JJP GNR? Seriously?

Who from Led Zepplin plays pinball? And what theme are you going to put around them now that they are defunct? Grey haired Jimmy Page and Alzheimer’s Robert Plant? Nobody cares

Slash plays pinball and was part of the design for the Data East, which by the way is better than any Stern pooling dimplefest playfield and lame gameplay

Just close this thread. Game over.

Stern isn’t even making LED Zepplin anyway cuz they’re too busy making FleshLights and crappy projectors for Stranger Things

Wow obviously suffering from a bad case of Fuckfaceitis

5 months later
#179 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Say you need 8-10 for a pin, which 8-10 led songs are clearly so superior for a pinball machine compared to gnr counters?

r u joking? I'm flabbergasted over here.

Quoted from ejg10532626:

With JJP moving to Chicago and GNR coming....Stern has no choice but to put forth an all out effort for LZ.

Flabbergasted again. "Stern has no choice"

2 months later
#190 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Most definitely. They won’t be able to compete with GNR.

Yeah they will. Way better music, much larger fan base. while the lightshow is impressive on GnR the doesn't equal a better playing pin. I liked the layout of the SE but now that I know all the music is live with old timers jumping around the stage I have no interest. U guys are into the look more than the play and that's cool but if I were a betting man, Zeppelin will crush GnR.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

.I guess you could still work in some lighting and some 3D models.Also better throw in Bluetooth Wifi capabilities

I really hope they do none of that. Except bluetooth for headphones I guess but personally I'll never play headphones.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Led Zeppelin is a much less main stream band than GnR.

What

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Guns and Rosses is a joke compared to Led Zeppelin

Exactly. I'm sure GnR band members would say the same thing.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Stern is cheap and does not have what it takes to top JJP. First music pin from JJP

Wow is that ever ridiculous.
Why do they have to top JJP?

Quoted from Pickle:

Stern has to do something above these cookie cutter games they crank out to top GnR.

Horseshit. There's a big difference between Maiden, DP, TMNT and AIQ so where r u getting the cookie cutter crap.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

good example is they had a chance to do what JJP did with Kiss and completely BLEW IT!!!

So this is ur beef, with the Stern is cheap crap. U didn't get the lightshow u wanted on ur Kiss pin.

Quoted from Pickle:

When compared to JJP there is no comparison who has more features but you pay for it. The whole point is if you put more in a game people will pay for it. JJP overall puts more in a game. Stern has on average put less in a game and raised prices.

What? wow man u are lost.
JJP puts more stuff in their games, they have to or no one would bother, there not as fun to play as Sterns so who gives a shit about the extra stuff. I really wanted to like GnR but after watching the Buffalo Stream I've lost all interest. Again just does not look fun to play to me at all.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I raise hay too, only 5 acres worth but good stuff.

So by "Hay" u mean "good stuff" Gotcha

How-to-regenerate-cannabis-plants-SensiSeeds-1-3-1024x540 (resized).jpgHow-to-regenerate-cannabis-plants-SensiSeeds-1-3-1024x540 (resized).jpg

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I can’t see Led standing a chance against GnR at this point.

Wow.
R u really that confused when it comes to music. GnR is no where close to the same popularity as Led Zeppelin. Now GnR may outsell it but Zeppelin and Stern do not need to out sell anything.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I know of not one led zeppelin song. Zero. Before my time I guess.

What?
they were before my time as well but it was impossible to avoid not sure how u managed that unless of course u one of those techno/dance type fellas. Ur very lucky cause that's means u get to discover them.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

If you stopped 100 people on the street and ask them to name 3 zep songs and 3 GNR songs I think GNR wins by landslide.

I'm I in the Twilight zone here?
Most GnR fans probably enjoy Zeppelin. If u a big GnR fan and never heard of Zeppelin then I am in the Twilight Zone.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I did not say people have not heard of zep, but it was about naming songs of each band.

Yeah but its the same thing. 3 songs? come on
Jesus I can name 3 Cardi B songs......................wait no I can't. I don't even know one.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

If Stern puts 600 LEDs in LZ, does that automatically make it a good game?

For some people, and apparently its very innovative.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I could name one, WAP and it makes me want to barf...

The fact that song become a hit is very sad. I like HipHop it has its place but it should never be the most popular form of music. That WAP song sucks.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I will take Black Sabbath over Led Zep.

I most likely won't even take Zeppelin, I like many of there songs but not a huge fan. Sabbath? oh yeah

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I am a bigger GNR fan at my age

Trying to figure this one out as ur age should have nothing to do with it. Listen I saw GnR on the U ur Illusion tour, 18yrs old and flying high, it was easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to but their music didn't really stand the test of time for me.

#293 3 years ago

what a shock!

#303 3 years ago

Boy do I hope they leave this song out of it, I know its basically impossible but I can't stand it. I'll take the Lemon Song or Travelling Riverside Blues over that all day every day.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

hopefully I’m wrong

Well ur in luck cause ur already very wrong.
Sterns band pins suffer from bad art?
and if they put 600 lights in Zeppelin I'm not buying one.
Good day to u sir.
I said good day.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Kids do not accidentally listen to music today

U right they just accidentally listen to shit music today. Its sad.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

any Zeppelin fan appreciates the obscure songs as well or more so than the typical on air playlist.

Correct.
This applies for me to most bands I like.

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That's what your parents said about the music you listened to growing up.

Don't be that guy.

Not really. The bands I listened to at least had "Band members" and played instruments. I could appreciate my parents music, and I even enjoyed listening to my grandparents music. Still do, very easy for me to go from Slayer to Big Band.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ok, so don't shit on what another generation listens to? That's old man complaining.

I wouldn't if it had any actual skill and talent behind it. Its garbage. Garbage music from what is easily the most lame generation yet.
Old man complaining is over, most mid 40 and 50 guys know as much about computers and smart phones and video games in fact more than there younger counterparts. What's the difference? we don't stare at our phones even when hangin out with our buddies, we don't think Drake is a musician the list is long and I don't care about enough to continue. Worst music in human history has to be right now. Try to deny it, go ahead.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Complaining about what music people listen to, or arguing an opinion about what music I like vs what music anyone else enjoys, is WAY down at the bottom of my list of things to complain or debate about.

It can't be that low otherwise u would have responded at all, u seemed to take a pretty good stance on how I or people in general shouldn't "old guy complain" about the terrible music of today. I love to debate about shit I don't care about, in fact I'm doing it right now. By the way this is a site where middle aged men debate and complain about what kind of very expensive toy they prefer, is that high on ur list?

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

11 songs is my guess

If there the right songs that's enough. Trouble is Stern will have to include the top ten pop list of Zeppelin songs.

Quoted from PtownPin:

As someone who has owned all of Stern LE music games all I can say is I hope they step up their game

Why? AC/DC Luci, Metallica Monster and Maiden Pre were all pretty god damn great. I hope they don't change anything.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am holding out hope Stern will use their patent allowing the user to select the songs they want to put in the game. That way Stern will not have a problem leaving out certain songs:
https://patents.justia.com/patent/10463950

I know there's pinbrowser but I really wish it was easier to put in ur own music into all these games, not just Band pins. I really loved my Slayer edition of TWD.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Nobody’s going to have any money left after purchasing GnR?

Yeah I'm sure Zeppelin fans decided not to wait and grab GnR instead. Like that's a lateral move music wise. GnR is OK but they are not even close to being in the same league as Zeppelin. Please try to remove u know what from we know what kind sir.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why would this thread even created? LZ is not even out yet and a lot of guys/gals have not even got GNR yet.

What else are we gonna do here? There's not enough material for us Pinside addicts to dwell on with just released games and owners threads with everyone soaking each others corks about how great there pin is till they notice a PF chip or ghosting insert etc. We need these threads. Thanks sweet innocent Baby Jesus for them and u JJP fanboys. U complete me.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ok I know you have a tough time listening because you like to hear yourself,but like I said Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever!
That being said I think bands like AC/DC and GnR’s music lends itself better to pumped up pinball.
Now you go sit in the corner and behave yourself!

[Comment removed]

I listen, its hard sometimes cause of all the horseshit but I try. Zeppelin is not the greatest band ever, what r u fuckin kidding me. I think are a great band and like some of their music but greatest, nah. "GnR lends itself better to pumped up pinball" Wow

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've never been a big Stones fan.

They are awful.

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It's mostly gnr, queen and some of the new ultra/trance like darude/sandstorm and such.

Well that kills any real desire to visit Europe, then again I never had any to begin with. Trance being popular just seals the deal.
LZ isn't big in Great Britain? I think u mean in the Scandinavian countries. Weird things are happening there. Like this.

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You guys don’t think stern has had the inside scoop on exactly what JJP was up to with GnR for months/years?

No.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Whatever music pin stern releases next is 100% going to be made knowing what they need to do to compete with GnR.

I don't think so, the 2 companies make very different style games and Stern is selling 3 or so pins to every JJP release so what do they care.

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

GnR kind of set the bar now... using real footage from concerts etc.

No it didn't. Maiden did. That's what I would prefer, Don't need to feel like I'm at the concert that's not the point of a music pin to me. Its a good back drop for and OG design and modes. I want the studio versions and Sterns speed.

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

walked away bored!

And yet Wonka gets the blood pumping, speaks volumes.

I get not liking Maiden as a band although the first 5 albums were great but u know we all get old there's no shame in that, however to find the pin boring is just plain ridiculous.

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

but man that music and stripped down playfield to each his own man

Stripped down PF? never heard that before.
The music. A Zeppelin fan doesn't like this. Interesting.

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hell yes man they changed everything!

Don't forget Sabbath.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's either a troll post or someone that's never looked at an IMDN .

No he doesn't go into Stern threads and bash or bring up Stern in JJP threads either. Its just the Stern army apparently that does that.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Her swimming around in a bunch of beans is what I remember.

That scene helped a lot.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm sure Page and Plant lost sleep wishing they had written Fairies Wear Boots.

If they didn't they should have. Its a better than any Zeppelin tune.

#449 3 years ago

Now look what uv done here. I'm down to a head band and socks

O050214-41__29729.1410782036.380.500 (resized).jpgO050214-41__29729.1410782036.380.500 (resized).jpgtommy (resized).jpgtommy (resized).jpg
#453 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Most didn't care for the scene where they destroyed a bunch of pinball machines near the end, but after watching it again recently, there were a lot of turds in there. Hopefully some of the parts got recycled.

That film was always about Anne for me and still is. I'm on to you tube clips now, gonna sleep soundly tonight.

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Steve Ritchie vs. Eric Meunier? I'll take Eric, sight unseen.

Wow is that stupid.

#462 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That 400 number is rising rapidly!We don't have to belittle Eric to praise Steve or visa versa

Quoted from PtownPin:

Huh? They sold a thousand POTC's alone....comparing designers is kinda dumb.....they both are very different, and very good at what they do....

This started the way they all start with some JJP fuckface comment. Go back a few posts prior and u will see that, wouldn't have come up otherwise. Laughable Man

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What did you say?

U still doing that? I like how u made it out that it was belittling Eric first when it was Steve R that was belittled. And stop with ur man orders, what u do in ur private life should stay there, nothing wrong with it although it does explain ur love of Wonka Rainbows.

21679e49da46e001e23d569fb6190eb4bf59d10b (resized).jpg21679e49da46e001e23d569fb6190eb4bf59d10b (resized).jpg
#467 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

whats your point? That one designer is old and one is young....bravo

He didn't bring it up, he's responding to a comment on how Eric is the superior designer.

Steve Ritchie vs. Eric Meunier? I'll take Eric, sight unseen.

if Zep is a retheme, then even more reason to go Eric here. Ritchie is no longer a prime designer. his games are uninspired at best.

U see, fuckface comments get fuckface responses. But u obviously know that.

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Devoted to Stern is more like it!

Of course, no real come back so it reverts to this. JJP fanboy fuckfacitis at its best. Go play Wonka and think its bad ass. Wonka...

Kind of aggressive dont u think ???

No, just facts.

Does anyone still believe Ritchie is the better designer ??

Yes, me.

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

but I think Eric would have to beef up his resume a bit before you could compare one to the other.

Yeah but Eric designed GnR and that has devalued all other pins not too mention it will be game of the year, also he's at 400 right now the number is rising. Oh and if u think otherwise u might be a Stern fanboy and devoted to S Ritchie. What a joke.

Man I love pinside.

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so does that Richie a better designer than Elwin? Its just kind of a meaningless comparison...one is on his last legs in the business, and the other is just starting out, but has a lot of talent....

Yes it does and u could design an great pin with no legs at all.
Elwin could go to shit for all we know. The big thing here is why compare them when it comes down to personal preference and the fact that u really only as good as ur current pin. Theme matters, audio and clips matter not just layout and code. This has been going on for a long time, people say things like this particular designer with this particular coder and its 100% going to be great, opposite with others. The sad thing they actually believe that. If Eric's next game sucks I'm not gonna hold it against him and overlook future pins he designs, same goes with every single team working in pinball today. But a new band that u really like with 2 albums out that u really enjoy can't compare with Sabbath or Zeppelin, not yet.

#491 3 years ago

I thought Canadians were peaceful people.

u thought wrong, we are very polite and yeah on the surface quite peaceful. But don't push, look at our national sport, we smash each and occasionally beat the shit out of each other.

#493 3 years ago

Need to get rid of Rock n Roll. God damn I hate that song.

#502 3 years ago

Look out guys!!! We've got a bad ass over here!! take it easy Francis.

The fuckface comments continue. U asked and I told ya. Its the truth. This guy can say it better than me.

go to 1:25

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the fuck is wrong with the right side of fuckface's face?

probably best to ask another fuckface.
What do ya think?

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So what’s wrong with his face Jacoff?

Well Romulick others men's balls. Only another fuckface knows so again, what's wrong with it?

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You seem angry you need to calm down brother.

Not at all. Good natured ribbing.

#524 3 years ago

Dude ur so tough I'm totally scared man

Please dont hurt me !!

Gosh ur tough !!

How can hurt ya in a pinball forum? and the Fuckfacitis continues.
Oh and ease up and exclamation marks.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Just a thought, some don't like the brightness of newer games, perhaps Stern should make an "Incandescent Zeppelin" version?

Just change the bright white's in the GI to warm and wait for someone to make gel inserts or other corrections for all white inserts. I do wish Stern would go with warm instead of bright white. Not a fan.

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Rumour has it - LZ all models will be shipping with one of these in the coin box.

My god that's beautiful.
Hash bots, 16 years old. Pinball. Skipping school
I'm old.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#535 3 years ago

dude, you are a tool. take it easy francis.

Grown men who start sentences with "dude" and use the term "Tool" aren't worth my time. "tool"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.