8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Wrong! Sir Wrong!
Zeppelin has the if your very High and playing you may not care about anything factor.
Zep for the "W"

Good luck playing a modern Steve Ritchie pin high.

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Woooooooah man...where did the ball go?

Exactly haha.
To be fair you won’t even press the start button if you play GNR high. “Whoa the lights, whoa the colors. Whoa...the lights and the colors.”

#643 3 years ago

Sometimes wish I was 20 again so I can just sit down and trip on GNR all night. Instead, I have to play it

#665 3 years ago

GNR really is in another league. It’s unfair for it to even be in any vs. thread. Maybe Zep vs Maiden or Zep vs Aerosmith would be more appropriate. Apples vs apples - not apples vs steak and lobster.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So when was GNR revealed? Like 2 months ago? I guess it’s possible that stern added those lights but the cabinets are custom cut for them and they had to code them and get the inner art blades and Tim said in an interview that they were in the game before the GNR reveal.
Timing doesn’t seem to work with them coping it. And if they were going to copy it, why not do the same thing?

My guess is they planned to sell the light show as a $499 add on (Ala STH). Then, they saw GNR and were like fuuuuuuuudge....... Alright boys, scrap the scam, let’s throw in the light show this time around.

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

If you focused on getting there it's not that difficult to do because currently you can time out 3 out of 4 album modes, slash solo and tour is a multiball. Everyone is focused on the big song jackpots currently so not many have tried. Once I knew I had a trade lined up I focused on seeing if I could do it and earned enough extra balls to get there.

If you’re timing out modes, not scoring well, and short cutting your way through the game, why would your reward be a giant scoring wizard mode? You may want to learn more about the game (I’m 200 plays in and still learning new stuff), but sounds like it might be too late for that now.

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I wouldn't be timing the modes out if they scored decent to make it worth the risk. The designer of the game coded the modes that way so don't criticize me for passing up shit coding. Your lecturing me on learning more about the game when I was the first one to raise the red flag about unbalanced scoring in the other modes? If I wanted to put up a big score I just maxed out the songs and played them, excuse me for trying to make the rest of the game not suck for everyone. Maybe the wizard mode was dependent on how you did in the other modes but I doubt it, was too focused on making shots and not draining to look at the screen for info.

sorry, didn’t mean to strike a nerve. Might be best if you just move on.

From my understanding (and I’m still learning the game), but if you do good before a song (i.e. boosters and locks, your reward is a high song level = higher scoring). If you do well in a song, your album level will be high = higher scoring in album mode. So just a guess here but All that must add up to your final scoring in the wizard mode. Sounds like great programming to me.

That said, I do agree that the game needs more polish, much more. But it’s been out for 2 months, it takes stern a year or more to get code completed on games, why do they get a pass and not JJP? And JJP code after 2 months is typically way deeper than most sterns, so there’s that too. Gotta give these guys time to bake the code and rules - both stern and JJP.

1 week later
#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll believe this when you actually own a Stern.

I own 3 sterns. They sit right next to GNR. GNR is in another realm than them. But it’s all good, pinball is fun! It’s just that GNR is on another level of fun

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So as if LZ wasn’t already losing, here is Stern insuring nobody will ever want to see or stream that ugly AF pinball machine. Game/Match to JJP GNR FTW[quoted image]

From my understanding, stern put that EULA in place to cover their own ass. Not to go after streamers.

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Glad to hear you’re loving it! How do you feel the lastibility will be on this one? Have you went for the wizard mode yet? Does it feel like a slog?
I’m loving the song jackpot aspect right now, but I’m wondering how I’ll like the game after that fun wears off.

Dude, it’s pretty sweet; especially when you start learning the patches, songs, band frenzy, power chords, etc... The album modes do need some polish for sure but the civil war and thirst for carnage modes are fun - the scoring for those probably needs tweaking, but with the right patches and album score you can get a ton of points in a short period of time but it is a very risky approach.

I said this in the owners thread, but I basically had a 3-4 week honeymoon with JP2 just before getting GNR and I’m at that same 3-4 week period with GNR’s honeymoon now and it just smokes JP2 in the fun/Adrenalin/breadth factor. And JP2 is no joke, amazing game in itself.

All in all though, I honestly don’t know how I feel about the GNRSE (haven’t played one) and I almost swapped my LE for the SE, but now having the LE, I could not live without that upper playfield, I think it’s one of the best upper playfield in pinball - for both the play, and the implementation of it. EDIT: however, they do need to code in some sound effects for the lock switch! That does irritate me. But hey, game is only 2-3 into production, I’m sure more code is coming - hoping for that switch to be coded in haha.

#1223 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I love upper playfields so I'm really happy to hear about that. Making me even more excited

I don’t typically like upper playfields (for the most part) so you might not like this one hahaha!

I do like the WOZ castle upper playfield, but like most upper playfields, it becomes a grind. Love the munchkin upper playfield because it’s quick and simple. I’m actually a big fan of FGY stewie playfield, but again - can be grinding. What I love about GNR’s is it’s quick, fast, non-grinding, you can lock balls without even playing the upper playfield and there’s 4 different strategies to do with the upper playfield (excluding song modes where it comes down to power chord rules).

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Stern never said this and nobody else is writing ridiculous EULAs like this. This is Stern delusional they are the only show in town.

Yea don’t honestly know. Time will tell I guess. I imagine it would hurt them a lot if they tried to shut down people from streaming their games. But I think there’s another thread for that so that’s all say about it here.

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I want to apologize for creating a VS thread that really is unbalanced. I thought about it and it really is no comparison. An epic band 'LED ZEPPELIN' with iconic timeless music, and the fabulously famous number one designer-'Steve Ritchie' with his signature fun, fast game design VS Guns N Roses-a band struggling to keep their relevance from the late 80's with Fat Axl running around stage way past his prime(lip-syncing), and another over-packed JJP game design with repetitive modes and unbalanced scoring. A game that actually has a great theme-plays well and has monster flow vs a box of pretty lights with Fat Axl running around on LCD screen?
Again my apologies for the un-balanced VS thread. In hindsight I should have made the thread name "Stern Heavy Metal vs. JJP Guns N Roses" Sorry guys-next time I will try and compare games in the same category. I would still take a Stern Heavy Metal over a JJP Guns N Roses. Now for the same 10 JJP trolls to thumbs down-rinse and repeat.

Man, what a troll! ..but I’ll bite. That fat axl you speak of, is in better shape than most pinsiders, and probably you; In fact he’s in better shape than most middle aged Americans. The reason you all think he’s fat is because you keep comparing him to heroin-meth’d out crack Axl lol. As for the pins, yea - no comparison is right, GNR is leagues beyond anything stern will do in this lifetime (pun intended).

Oh and Led Zeppelin? Really, you want to support a band that made it’s living and stardom on ripping off other peoples music? Looks like Stern tried to take a page out of Led Zeppelin’s book as well and rip off JJP on the side light rails.....swing and a miss. Enjoy your licensed hindered, simplistic, sparse, overpriced Zep pin.

As for my non-troll response and in all seriousness. I hope you guys get the blinders pulled off you someday, doesn’t have to be now, enjoy your troll posts, but one day I hope you see the light as i have. Peace.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Let’s be fair here, the highlight of the GNR game is Live and Let Die and it’s associated light show which isn’t theirs. It’s borrowed.
I will also say if you go see Sir Paul he does the lights and Pyro better to it as well.

And this is the problem with pinball and vs. threads. If you think the highlight of GNR is Live and Let die, you obviously haven't experienced the game. So I’ll refer back to my previous comment and say, i hope one day the blinders are taken off.

I’m gonna bail this thread for awhile as I’ve said what I wanted to say and can leave it at that (unlike some - not referring to you @psw757). Peace out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.