8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 3 years ago

I'm a huge Guns N Roses fans. Slash actually had a big personal part on our wedding. He was the first person to see the ring on my wife, he was also the first person to congratulate us. However, the Data East Machine never spoke to me. I do like how they integrated AC/DC into their pin and want to own that one, but now with a new GnR pin coming out, I just don't know, and will hold off on getting an AC/DC. Not completely sold on Jersey Jack, I don't know if I'm a fan of the big LCD screen and wide body. We shall see what they do with GnR....Chances are, it will be a first day purchase

Led Zep is interesting because my wife could care less about pinball but one day said, if there is a Led pin she'll get it. If they treat it like Beatles with no toys, it will be a pass. I'd like to see a mothership toy in that pin.

Right now leaning towards GnR, but looking forward to what stern can do with Led, might have to be a LED pro, as I can't afford a premium along with a jersey jack pin. Exciting times, really throws a wrench into my wishlist of 3 pins, which now looks like might expand to 4. How do you guys control yourselves?

Added over 4 years ago:

Also wondering, are they going to use old GnR band members or the new ones? Hopefully no Chinese Democracy songs. Would love to see Alder and Lizzy in the game, not to sure about the new members just yet.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Checkout their current set list for an idea of what should be in the Pin. And yes, Chinese Democracy is part of it! Give the album sometime, there are some great songs in there

If you're talking about their concert setlist, yes they do squeeze in a few Chinese Democracy songs. I've been to two shows, and whenever a Chinese Democracy song comes on, it's my cue for a washroom break or grab some food. Love the old GnR and still have hope that next tour they bring back Izzy and Adler. Was pumped when Adler jammed to a few songs on the tour. It was such a fantastic moment. Anyways, I really hope the topper has Slashes custom amps incorporated into it, a small detail like that would make me an instant buyer. I'm a sucker.

Speaking of toppers. I've watched Slash and the Conspirators quite a few times and he tops his amps with so many toys. I feel like every show I go to, he has more toys on top of his amps.

#173 3 years ago

I don't know if I can afford GnR at JJPs prices, but I will squeeze pennies if I have to.
Some ideas. Would love to see a stage at the back of the pin, ramps leading up to it, that's an elevated interactive playfield. Maybe hit band members. Mosh Pit multiball. Big Top hat somewhere. Love to see a Gibson guitar toy incorporated into the playfield. Slash's custom amps as a toy, maybe the amps release balls. There will probably be a record spinning on the play field like POTC. Hope they push the boundries, I know JJP is suppose to be more family friendly, but this is GnR here.

As for Led Zeppelin, they should at least have an interactive mothership toy, also would be cool if they kept the mothership colour theme throughout the pin. Should be fun to see what they come up with. I do have high hopes for GnR though, but scared to see the price tag.

#181 3 years ago

"r u joking? I'm flabbergasted over here."

I'm a fan of both bands. I love GnR music more for pinball and more as artists, but lets take a look at some Led songs that would be good for pinball..These are just my opinion.

Good songs for Pinball
-Rock N Roll
-Immigrant Song
-Whole Lotta Love
-Black Dog
-Kashmir
-Heartbreaker
-Good Times Bad Times
-D'yer Mak'er
-Communication Breakdown
-Moby Dick
-Dancing Days

Not a bad list!

Now lets look at some that might not fit pinball

Not good Pinball songs
-Stairway to Heaven
-Going to California
-Dazed and Confused
-Over the Hills and Far Away
-The Rain Song
-Thank You (this is the wife and I's first dance at our wedding)
-No quarter (sadly not a good pinball song)

On the Fence
-Ramble On
-When the Levee Breaks
-Misty Mountain Hop

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Really mostly very good songs, even though some breaks down into Psychedelics midway thru.
Still, there are some really good and suitable songs from gnr aswell.
Compare with......
-Yesterday
-welcome to the jungle
-you could be mine
-estranged (my personal favorite)
-paradise city
-Sweet child of mine
-Civil war
-Rocket queen
-Mr brownstone
-Locomotive
-Better
You may argue led is better, matter of opinion, but calling it a landslide, seems to much.

I agree, I like GnR way more than Led, GnR is actually my favourite band and Led is my wifes favourite band. I don't know much about pinball, I'm kinda new to it, don't own a machine yet, but I hear JJP is suppose to be family friendly. Don't know how true that is, hopefully they ignore that with GnR, but songs like Rocket Queen might turn some heads when the audio plays Axl having sex with a woman in the sound studio. I'm not a fan of the Chinese Democracy album, but it's funny, because if I had to pick a song it would be "better". I would even add their cover of Live and Let Die to a cool pinball song. I'd even add "Night train", "It's so Easy" to list of songs. Either way, both pins have lots of potential. I think GnR has more "Toy" potential, think appetite cross, top hat, bandana, amps, guns, roses, guitars, skulls, train for night train, whereas Led, I can only think of the mothership and the 4 symbols drawn by the band. I feel like Led might look/feel similar to the Beatles pin, but we shall see. Excited to see both.

4 months later
#626 3 years ago

Based on art package alone, Led Zeppelin takes the "L"

Stern needed to think outside the box. I feel like this might be a Ritchie thing. My only knock on his AC/DC pin was the art package. When you have a band like Led Zeppelin that doesn't scream "ART" you have to make the art. Stern did a fantastic job with this in regards to Aerosmith and Metallica, and you can say Iron Madien as well. JJP also did a great job with GnR, as did Data East. You need to "cartoon" the band, and create art. The photoshop approach doesn't always work.

Based on lighting...Led Zeppelin takes the "L"

Can't compare lighting, just can't

Based on theme integration....Led Zeppelin takes the "L"

Guitar pick spinners, actual drum sticks and drum kit pop bumper, guitar head stocks, sculpted top hat, Gibson, Fender etc.

Based on cool factor...Led Zeppelin takes the "L"

Sorry, but this pin doesn't have that "it" factor, or something "cool" about it. You look at other music pins and AC/DC has the bell, and the cannon, Metallica has the tombstones, snake head, electric chair guy, Aerosmith has a cool chest ball lock and an elevator, Kiss has the Gene Simmons head sculpt where balls come out of his mouth, GnR has the guitar neck ball lock, and the fender bass habit trails....Led Zeppelin has....a pop up mech that reveals a spinner....a spinner? Has nothing to do with the band, and hitting a spinner isn't exactly my idea of cool factor

Based on play and code....To be determined.

So far not looking good for Led Zeppelin.

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Wrong! Sir Wrong!
Zeppelin has the if your very High and playing you may not care about anything factor.
Zep for the "W"

See, I agree, they could of taken that approach and created a psychedelic playfield, and Zeppelin wouldn't be a big loser on the art package.

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Sounds just like Kaneda podcast review

Sounds like a good podcast!

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

It's pinball... spinners will always be cool.
Sorry it's not a toy overload for some. And sorry it's soooo uncool.
I'm just looking for a good shooter with some good rules.
Zeppelin music won't hurt, either. They're no Sabbath, but i'll take it.

I'm just giving my assessment with reasons why I believe GnR is better machine for me...personally. This is a Led vs. GnR thread afterall. Don't be sorry it's not a toy overload, or that its so uncool (IMO). Spinners are awesome to some, not for me. GnR has the best spinners on any music pin, so if it's spinner you like then GnR with another "W". It's awesome this pin speaks to you. It doesn't to me. I don't know who this pin is for, on location you have GnR next to Led Zeppelin, I don't think Led is going to attract too many coins. Love Zeppelin music, dislike the machine, I hate Metallica music and I love the machine. Looks like the game is just shooting at 3 ramps lined up next to each other along the back, that returns ball to flippers. I can see that getting quite old quick. But for some, that might be super fun.

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good luck playing a modern Steve Ritchie pin high.

Woooooooah man...where did the ball go?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=ballpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.