8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PokerJake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree. To me GnR was trying something new not pinball experience but Rock Concert (Guitar Hero game). I didn’t like playing the game.

It's a box of lights done differently.

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I still think its weird when people say a "packed" playfield makes for a better game.
The main issue I have had with JJ games is they in general dont play great (and yes I have played them enough to say that).. too much shit on the playfield isnt always a good thing (WOZ and Hobbit being prime examples)
The one I have liked the best playability wise is probably the least packed which is Wonka.
GNR I didnt think played all that great... if it did I would probably have one.
Not everyone just cares about lights and how much shit is crammed in the game.

DI is the only JJP that I thought plays decently. It still has the weak flippers but the code, humor and flow make up for it. LZ is going to be awesome!

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep cross between slot machine and sounds vs guitar hero and clunky, LE anyhow.
The SE shoots more like a Stern and I will consider adding that at some point, not a fan of the rat fink art though.

Unfortunately the SE is almost $1400 above a Stern Pro after you factor in shipping. I'm hoping Toy Story has flow, dream theme.

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Its only fair to compare the titles at same levels.
GnR CE is at a whole next level up and so far from what I have seen easily trumps any other new game currently on the market.
If Stern thought it was viable to release a Led Zep CE that would be a fair fight.
Stern are a high volume manufacturer so I guess CEs are not viable for most titles. No doubt Stern will cash in on a CE for the right titles such as BttF and HP.

JJP LE = Stern Premium
JJP CE = Stern LE
JJP SE = Stern Pro

And then there is AP who does it right.

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Price point comparison perhaps ?
Love what AP do
One day AP will make a title that I want and I will get my first AP machine.

Not sure what you mean by price point comparison. JJP prices their games higher and don't include shipping probably because they sell less. JJP SE is about $1400 higher than a pro, JJP LE is about $2300 higher than a premium and CE is about $3300 higher than Stern LE. I'm using distributor numbers not MSRP and including shipping. AP games are great, Hot Wheels has been fantastic and I need another Oktoberfest.

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Stern Copy catted, just like LCD screens

Yet does it better...

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No pinball is worth what we pay or provides value for what we pay BUT they make us all happy whether you like the theme or features and that is priceless in my opinion.
It’s nothing more than a escape from the crazy world we live in.

Exactly, they're toys, like my kids playdough. After 6 months to a year, time to move on to another. Luckily NIB machines don't depreciate much. I find it funny when people say machines have no soul, lol, it's a toy.

Quoted from romulusx:

Actually a GnR SE is $6750

Plus shipping

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh for god sake Chuckie baby probably has his delivered from Zack

Whos Chuckie and Zack? Kids TV show?

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yup kids show with Chuckwurt & Zach Meny

You sound upset

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Over what I was just saying Chuckwurt was incorrect when he stated GnR was $7500

Hes not wrong, it is possible. $6750 x 1.075 sales tax if you purchase from someone that has to collect it + $300 Shipping = $7556.

Edit: Heres an even better deal: $7898 is you order from Pinball Company...lol, not including tax

#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Listen maybe math isn't your strong point, but if u pay $9.2K + tax + shipping for an Stern LE than your pretty close to $10K...so WTF are u talking about?

Anyone who pays tax on a machine is a moron and Sterns price includes shipping, not too mention you can get Sterns for $400-$500 under MSRP depending on the model.

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Get another Stern then you and JY64 can hang out and talk about JJP sucks all day long!

I own a JJP and have owned others in the past...

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

A Philly cheese steak does not even use cheese they use Velveeta

I'd take a french dip over a philly anyday, or a Portillos with the sausage and hot peppers dunked.

#1095 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Having worked in Philly and in Chicago i can appreciate both Philly cheesesteaks and Portillos Italian beefs, however neither can top a good Maine Lobster roll.

Seafood trumps all

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

JY, but in that one, a beautiful wood apron was added, amazing radcals, also a nice touch with the art blades included, and in my POV an impressive new art in the back glass, so they didn’t cut much I think...

That stuff didn't make the game play any better...

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just two points here!
Have you played Wonka?The game plays smoother and faster then 85% of pins out there.Dialed In is another fast pin,if you know what your doing and their both deep which means a lot of replay value.
Question What the hell is with you and Pearl clutching did you mother wear pearls and beat you with a metal clothes hanger?

Wonka and DI are anything but fast. They flow but the weak JJP flippers let you take a nap while the ball travels around the ramps. DI is a great game. I guess Wonka was fast, at leaving, still my shortest owned game at 3 weeks. It has a decent layout but the code is awful. JJP needs to buy a Stern, AP, or Spooky machine and take the flippers out and put them in their games.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Uh, you realize that you can set the individual coil strength for JJP games? I have not had any games where I was sitting there saying "dang, my flippers are too slow".

I realize that, they are still slow and weak when adjusted higher.

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My DILE flippers were weak, but it took very little effort to dial them in. Not enough flipper gap and the EOS switches weren't adjusted properly. No need to fiddle with software setting at all (on my game, at least). Maybe you should learn how to tweak your flippers.
Also, Spooky and JJP both use EXACTLY the same flippers...B/W flipper mechs.

I know how to tweak and rebuild flippers. Since it's a pretty common complaint, it must be their system.

There is clearly a difference in flipper strength/response between JJP and every other manufacturer.

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Complaint by people that don’t own them.When I play Stern’s they feel and sound cheap but I realized that work fine they just feel different.This is a fall back argument when fanboys have nothing else!Just admit that GnR at least looks better then LZ and we’ll figure out how better one plays then the other later

We already know what one plays better

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You guys are funny... Ben Heck says the same thing I have said a few times and you all upvote because its him saying it.
My suggestion for JJP is to stop worrying about stuffing every available inch of the game with crap and make a fast fun playing game. If any game should be a ripper fast shooter it should be their first rock pin.... it aint.
Oh and stop trying to blind me every time something happens in the games.
I'd like to buy the next one.. problem is if its Toy Story you just know that will be full to the tits with toys and other crap.

They need to figure out their flippers first, otherwise they'll never be fast.

Quoted from Psw757:

Beatles is a shit ton of fun and if you can separate price from game play most would agree.

Agreed, it's a fantastic game, probably the most played when people come over.

#1483 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It will be interesting to see how GNR is as a tournament games once competition resumes. It seems like one of those games where rule knowledge would far outweigh playing skill in competition. Having familiarity with what the patches do and the differences in the song modes as well as recognizing where you are in a song's progress and knowing when to cash out is a big advantage. The learning curve is fairly daunting for someone without a lot of experience.

One 4 player match on GNR would take an hour or two with good players

#1598 3 years ago

If you like to play pinball, LZ. If you like to look at lights, GNR.

#1600 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Some times I just turn my games on just to watch the light shows

Same, nothing better than a row of pins, bonus perk is if they're fun to play too

#1614 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I find it hard to believe they sold 4723 LE’s in 2.5 months, that would have to be an all time industry record for machines sold in that short of timespan.

It's not true, they haven't even sold 2000.

#1621 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m in for a Led Zepp machine with what I think are rockin songs and good art, one of my favorite bands.
Hard to get excited for GNR although I do like them and I think it’s because I find the DE machine to be a perfectly fine machine that didn’t need a mulligan.
No more retreads for themes!

Plus the DE machines plays better

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are you the pinball fan / pilot that recently performed a dropped test of LZ and GNR from an airplane at 10,000 feet? Is it true the GNR dropped like a brick due to its weight from multiple toys and features but the LZ glided to safety due to its "high flow" design of little on the playfield, and cheaper parts?

That'd be fun. Are you saying the LZ is indestructible? Hell yeah!

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I noticed slash has a couple of stern games, but wanted JJP to build his.
[quoted image]

Thats because he knows the fun games vs where the money is at.

#1685 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

He saw it and knows the truth. Just being stupid.

I don't watch podcasts, much better things to do. While you guys may be easily swayed by others, I form my own opinions.

#1760 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This really consumes your every waking moment, doesn't it? I'm getting the damn game and I still find time to have a life.

What else do you do in Canada?

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Whatever, the potential was so huge... Having a hard time getting over what Gary decided to do here.. I was really looking forward to this theme, I'm still in shock I guess. Just can't believe it.

You have issues if a toy gets you this psychotic.

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I just played a 45 minute game on GNR. Factory settings. Really fun game but I’m not sure I’d want to play a 4 player game with good players.

I'd be draining on purpose after 15 minutes. 3 hour four player game? No thanks.

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Man you can quit with the flow lessons most people here already know.

If you played either of the games, then you might have something relevant to say.

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I may have not played either one but one things for sure GnR will be game of the year and LZ will not because it’s so fucking stripped down ugly!

Who chooses what is the game of the year? Nobody that matters. The only persons opinion of a game that matters to me, is me. What does game of the year mean? Absolutely nothing, especially with what, 4 or 5 games released...lol. LZ plays better, most people play their games, not look at them. LZ looks pretty good too, again you probably haven't even looked at either one in real life.

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess I’m not getting much back up today.Oh that’s right they’re all playing their GnR’s today!Adios Bitches!

They'll be back in 45 min after their game ends...lol

#1852 3 years ago

Damn, I got screwed, too flat.

20210120_132038 (resized).jpg20210120_132038 (resized).jpg
#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess you got lucky.

Or the warped one is abnormal. Maybe all JJP playfields chip? There's a thread about JJP and Stern playfields issues. Stern takes care of there customers. I've had 4 bag boards sent from JJP and not one of them have worked. Went through 3 different avenues to get the issue fixed. Seems like they don't know what they're doing. Luckily DI is a great game.

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Seems to be a mm or two lower on the left.

Optical illusion due to black ink, it's flat. Fantastic game as well. Easy for JJP to test each playfield when they make less than 1k total of each machine and have 2 years to make them before their next release. The percentage of affected machines is much lower with Stern than JJP due to volume.

#1865 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The point is they are doing something about it....Stern completely ignores the problem

How would you know? Stern has been much more accommodating than JJP when it comes to fixing issues.

2 weeks later
#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You haven't been reading what people who own both have been saying. Is it prettier? Sure. Jury's out on whether it's the better game. Unless you're a fan of endless multiballs.

Led Zeppelin plays infinitely better than GNR. It's skill, strategy and precision vs flashing lights and endless flailing multiballs.

#2040 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good lord u need to get out more.....

lol, offended?

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not really, but after looking at your collection your comments make sense

Thanks, I enjoy fun games. You don't have to take others opinions of toys personally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PokerJake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=PokerJake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.