8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#220 3 years ago

The light show on Kiss is amazaing! The light show on GnR is over the top and almost too much but it is KILLER!!! Song list is pretty good. Need to flip it before I can comment on gameplay.

As far as the LZ pin from Stern:
I predict in the words of Keith Moon this game is gonna go down like a Lead Zeppelin. Stern is cheap and does not have what it takes to top JJP. First music pin from JJP and it has over 20 songs. Stern has 12 or so at best in their music pins. Zep has a HUGE catalog of good songs. Bet you get maybe 10-15 if lucky. And there is not much in terms of art to work with for Zep when compared to other bands. It’s pretty bland. But it’s a grail theme for a lot of people so it will sell but my bar is set pretty low on what the game will be. Can’t wait to see it to really compare but the bar has been raised I believe. Stern has to do something above these cookie cutter games they crank out to top GnR.

#225 3 years ago

Stern is cheap...good example is they had a chance to do what JJP did with Kiss and completely BLEW IT!!! It’s still a great game and one of my favorites but they had the platform with Spike to make the Kiss concert experience. Should have been the first video display release they did with real concert footage. It would not make GnR seem so special right now. Instead we get Aerosmith with shitty animations. Not what what most expected I am sure. I haven’t been excited about a Stern game in a long time. I wanted to like IMDN but it just didn’t feel fun to me. I am not gonna give a rundown of my opinion of every new Stern as it’s pointless.
Oh....Metallica has a HUGE catalog of songs. Why are we just limited to a few? CHEAP that is why. The whole topper thing Stern has created is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. There is too much to list I could say Stern is cheap on. When compared to JJP there is no comparison who has more features but you pay for it. The whole point is if you put more in a game people will pay for it. JJP overall puts more in a game. Stern has on average put less in a game and raised prices.

Just because Stern makes more games than anyone else doesn’t mean they make the best games. And that’s a very subjective thing to say because it’s an opinion.

And the topic of this is LZ VS GnR and based on what I have seen Stern is gonna have to step up. Maybe the game play will be amazing and be the better game. We don’t know yet. The light show and theme integration is gonna be hard to beat but that remains to be seen.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No art to work to work with? Are you serious? Bands heydays in 60s and 70, some of the best psychedelic art ever seen. I think both pins will be good, time will tell if either are great!

But Zep didn’t really use the psychedelic art. They were pretty bland when you look at their album covers. Posters are a different story. Not to copy from a home brew but the classic black and white really Looks sharp! Do you want naked little girls with wings all over your cab and playfield? Iconic but not what most of us want all over the cab/playfield.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

So this is ur beef, with the Stern is cheap crap. U didn't get the lightshow u wanted on ur Kiss pin.

What? wow man u are lost.
JJP puts more stuff in their games, they have to or no one would bother, there not as fun to play as Sterns so who gives a shit above the extra stuff. I really wanted to like GnR but after watching the Buffalo Stream I've lost all interest. Again just does not look fun to play to me at all.

Light show on Kiss is AMAZING! It’s one of, if not my favorite pins. They missed the mark to make it a concert experience. They could have put video and other stuff but they didn’t. It could have been integrated much better than what they did.

I think sometimes JJP puts too much in their games and the first games being wide bodies play a little slow compared to standard body pins.

So how many songs do you think will be in the Zep pin? Unless Stern steps up I am sure it will be the usual 12-15. Why limit it when there is many more good songs. I still love my Metallica but it would be nice to have more songs to hear. Same with Kiss. A lot more songs could be on it.

I am just one opinion of thousands. Until we see the Zep pin who knows which plays better. GnR has a great light show. It may be too much of a light show but I need to play to know for myself. We don’t know what’s in the Zep pin. And it’s gonna feel and play different to match the music/ features they put in the game.

For perspective:
I saw the Metallica/GnR stadium tour in the 90’s. Metallica played first. They kicked Ass! GnR came on and it was very flat and all the energy was sucked out of the stadium. I left it was that bad. That’s how I feel this is gonna be.

But in comparison I saw GnR on Use Your Illusion tour. Soundgarden opened. The whole show was great GnR was amazing seeing them by themselves.

#233 3 years ago

It’s hard to deny the light show in GnR is slick. It will take some time to see how the game play is. Early opinions vary but looks to have a ton of multiball. Could be good but could have long ball times so till I play I have no idea.

Hopefully the gameplay of Zep is good. Won’t know till we see what they come up with as that is the most important thing of any game.

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hey now, you’re talking about 2 of my favorite pins. I happen to LOVE the graphics on Aerosmith. And it’s easy to change the songs out on MET if you want to - they aren’t on the inserts like with Aerosmith. In terms of cost, MET + AS = GNR LE. While I freakin’ love the new GNRLE (just played it today), I wouldn’t trade AS and MET for one.

For us in the hobby that know of Pinball browser yes we can change songs. But that is work and the average person is not gonna mess with all that. The point is if you make a music pin quit making all the songs mode based and add a larger catalog of songs. Aerosmith is a fun pin. But the animations on the pin just don’t pop for me. I get the display at the time was new for Stern so they were figuring things out and are getting better with it.

And agree you can almost get the premium of MET + AS for the Cost of GnR CE. Can get the pros for just a little more than cost of the LE.

But Stern will do their thing with LZ. They will sell plenty of them as it’s a theme many people have wanted for years. Can’t wait to see it.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They didn't really do The Beatles justice, though...let's be honest. They deserve a full fledged new game.

I agree. The Beatles as a brand is strong enough to have a stand alone game and not a re-theme.

Don’t know if that was an experiment by Stern to do a re-theme or if it came down to licensing/assets they could get. Perhaps the licensing was restrictive and a re-theme was the best or most cost effective option. Didn’t matter to Stern as they priced it to collectors and sold them all I am sure.

And it may have been an experiment. Remember a while back Stern alluded to they could vault ANY game...a lot of people started posting they would buy new classic Sterns if priced right. Maybe it was a chance to test the market on that possibility.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah. I fixed that on my Aerosmith. Full fuckin' video assets now, no cartoons!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mXnQKut3rndnZB5t6

Nice job!!! Looks great. No reason Stern should not have had real band video to begin with.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It can go both ways. The fact there was no video/pics of the band helped me a ton in buying IMDN & Met. If you're not a fan of the band, you might not wantto see the band; and more than that it's just lazy.
I listen to Aerosmith on the radio for a long time, they have some good music. I don;t need to see Tyler and his scarves dancing around.

You have a good point too. There are some things you just don’t want to see. I don’t need to see full videos. But a few clips. Interesting fan shots, guitar solos, just neat clips that fit. Could be tough because some bands are not great live/visually.

#282 3 years ago

The fish LOL! the glory days of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. LZ does have a ton of things that could be in this pin. Though the albums don’t have the best artwork but we all recognize them and they are pretty iconic for the band. Can’t wait to see what direction they go with the art package.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=Pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.