8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JY64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

ICEMAN is 100 percent on point. Its comparing Star Trek TNG to Whoa Nellie.. IMHO Not bashing LZ... FOR ME its just laughable at 9100.00, the value is not there. The BOM is 3100 for that LE. I like Stern games.. but... wash, rinse, repeat.... If you are buying one, enjoy it. Dont let others dissuade you from what you want. I want a Stern LE that LOOKS like 9100.00 Im sure LZ will play fun, just dont see the value at 9100.00...

Saying that the value is not there on LE or CE games is a joke people pay for the small run they are not paying for the game

#1036 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Actually a GnR SE is $6750

No it is not as it is the only game the local distributor has ever charged shipping

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Ice knows more than everyone else about everything. The fact that he is rich (and constantly lets you know about his stock market prowess) makes it true. Was he born with silver spoon in his mouth? Doesn't matter. The fact that he's rich means that he has superior intellect and knowledge about all topics (including pinball) that exceeds everyone else's.

your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpgyour-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

or just possibly the guy has worked his ass off and has done well for himself. The reality is most people on this forum have a too much disposable income. How else can one justify paying $10K for a game let alone have several in your collection....

WTF are you talking about there is only one manufacturer that sells large numbers of games in the $10,000 neighborhood

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Pretty typical JJP game....very deep, million ways to play the game, and there is no way u can walk up to the game, and throw a few quarters in and really understand the game....it takes a while

Spend $10,000 play it for a while see if you like it

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Listen maybe math isn't your strong point, but if u pay $9.2K + tax + shipping for an Stern LE than your pretty close to $10K...so WTF are u talking about?

I said " there is only one manufacturer that sells large numbers of games in the $10,000 neighborhood" 500 LE games is the same as JJP CE games do you say JJP games cost $12,500 of course not

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Totally agree with above.I jumped into argument when the artwork was brought up and who’s was better.

LOL you agree with "these threads are always stupid, because nobody can really vote on a game they have never played extensively or seen in person. But it has a philly Cheesesteak option which is good, so you have something to vote on, before you can make a real decision down the road." you have 71 post in this thread hell I only have 7 you are the problem

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t know what your trying to say here it’s rather senseless but whatever I’m happy. I got another album on vinyl from my son![quoted image]

Says the petty little man

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

No way that pic above beats the Ginos or Pats in my opinion and I have not even tried either but the pic does not do justice, hey this is just like saying something about a pin that you have not played, too funny.

A Philly cheese steak does not even use cheese they use Velveeta

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You are really reaching now to try and find things to complain about on GNR.
JJP priced GNR SE to be their lowest cost game to date and as a result cannot include everything on the LE model.
Now how in the world does a rising spinner represent Electric Magic? Lol.

Just what mechanical device on G&R gives the wow factor

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Eric mentioned that they were trying to lower the price to be more competitive.

So what your saying is JJP is in cost cutting mode

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I would say the SE was cut back some to get it to a more comfortable price point. Stern has been doing it so I’m sure it’s ok for JJP to do it.

So you believe that they could not get the chest to open lets not forget the missing monkey they are cutting cost

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's the entire upper playfield which features a few shots, and a 6 ball lock represented by a guitar headstock. There's also the moving concert lights, the spinning record (wish it raised up like AIQ!), and the mini LCD concert stage. The CE also features another ball lock on the apron (not a fan though of that being limited to the CE).
I noticed the $850 LZ topper features two moving lights. It's a shame they only turn side to side versus the GNR concert lights (that for one already come with the game) which move in multiple directions. Also what's with all of the exposed screw heads?
[quoted image]

The ball lock can be reused over and over as it's just a pin that rases and lowers the record can be reused as well. The Gob stopper may have used the same mechanism as the woz spinning house. The no wow factor toy in the center of the LZ playfield will be used once therefore is more expensive to use. As for lights that's just bling it belongs in the ranbow puke club thread

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Agreed. I think games needs to be loaded.
Serviceable but loaded.
Woz with better shots is the dream.

Woz with a better theme but being that the monkey was pulled from the last run I don't think you will ever see that

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

JY, but in that one, a beautiful wood apron was added, amazing radcals, also a nice touch with the art blades included, and in my POV an impressive new art in the back glass, so they didn’t cut much I think...

Interesting they have none of that on the JJP web sight. Being that the run ended being so small you may have gotten lucky and they gave away the radicals and may have had leftover wood aprons. As stated neither of these features is listed on their site

#1148 3 years ago
6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpg6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpghenrylaugh (resized).jpghenrylaugh (resized).jpg
#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude the thread is LZ vs GnR is going to create some combative posting!

Thats why he said "I actually hate GnR--mostly because I can't stand the band"

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s the same 4-5 people bitching and moaning in every thread, it’s so predictable at this point. I can’t imagine what you guys are like in person if your feathers get so ruffled over something like this. Glad I don’t know you.

LOL that holds true with most Pinside threads

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So as if LZ wasn’t already losing, here is Stern insuring nobody will ever want to see or stream that ugly AF pinball machine. Game/Set/Match to JJP GNR FTW
[quoted image]

LOL boo hoo I put up a home movie on Facebook with a song by the band X on it the vid was taken down that's life

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looking at LZ.
[quoted image]

The old lady's look like G&R fans https://www.facebook.com/401365736605007/videos/1556085834466319

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Seriously!?!?

You give a "seriously" for post 1237 but nothing for post 1229 or 1236 lol grow up

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

No I stated it that way because Led Zeppelin's groupies are probably that age now. Simple as that brother... simple as that

Thanks for the laugh

87069807_3089970921013229_1789687072374652928_n (resized).jpg87069807_3089970921013229_1789687072374652928_n (resized).jpg
#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That fat axl you speak of, is in better shape than most pinsiders, and probably you; In fact he’s in better shape than most middle aged Americans.

Forgot+this+my+favorite+laughing+reaction+image+just+for+you+_d41a035081643e0e1686a58cf65c5280 (resized).jpgForgot+this+my+favorite+laughing+reaction+image+just+for+you+_d41a035081643e0e1686a58cf65c5280 (resized).jpgUnknown-5 (resized).jpegUnknown-5 (resized).jpegUnknown-6 (resized).jpegUnknown-6 (resized).jpeg
#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Tommy Lee from Motley Crue is by far the greatest drummer ever to exist

who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpgwho_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Bless your heart

LOL that was actually funny

#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm curious as to what game u give high praise?....u hide your collection so hard to tell

you hide your ratings

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa (resized).png88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa (resized).png
#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Seems obvious (what jorant is implying).
It doesn't matter what the title/BOM/gameplay is, the home collector market is red hot and ANY LE will sell out. The fact that a game sells out doesn't mean the game compelling or any good. Just means there is plenty of money sloshing around and demand (for new games) is way higher than supply.

The irony is LZ will sell twice the games as G&R if for no other reason as the fact if Jack wants to put out TS he has only 12 months to manufacture games and even after ten years they still are struggling to put games out

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

$950 difference between the 2 LE's .
Sure there will be 10 times as many GNR's out there but I don't think it will affect it's future value that much , especially over here .
Like the Addams Family when the machine really gets out and about in the next few years and when jjp either sells out or stops making them to move on to other games , I bet the price of these games will skyrocket .

Only if WOZ is selling for a lot more than $9500 WOZ is JJP large run game G&R will sell more units than near any other JJP game this is not like POTC where the number of units does not meet the demand

#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I much prefer LZ over GNR (in terms of music), but it's clear GNR (the pinball) has much more sizzle. Even though it's 2k more, the JJP/GNR value is clear (and worth the extra $$).

I disagree these are music pins you should enjoy the music while playing. The fact that G&R spots you three band members on ball three shows you that many people will hear no music for the first two balls and that alone takes a game that might get a A rating to a B-. WTF no music on a music pin really

#1580 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You disagree that LZ/GNR are music pins? Have no idea what you are trying to say...sorry.

No i dissagree with what you said " but it's clear GNR (the pinball) has much more sizzle"

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

which game has more sizzle (i.e. eye candy)

If you buy a game for the bling that all well and good. The rules are what make or break a game. Rewatch the Buffalo stream it took two balls to start a song in the first game and a full two min even with a 4 bandmember award in the mystery scoop to start a song in the second game. Your average player will hear no music for at least the first ball if not the first two balls

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

This is where I get lost. I dont care if there are 5 of them, if there are no REAL additions to the game play... MYSELF personally don't care how rare something is. Case in point, BBB is a no fun at all... Ill pass.

I agree BBB is pretty but not all that. As for over paying for small runs I will never understand but than again there are people spending $10,000+on large runs LOL

#1657 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You want to talk about over paying, how about the GB topper that sold on here yesterday for $2500. Crazy shit.

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Initial thoughts:
It's a little early for a fair comparison of these games due to incomplete code on both. GNR code feels a bit further along than LZ at this point. I only played the pro LZ and the LE of GNR so that's also not a fair fight. So a few pros and cons of each so far imo:
GNR:
Pros...beautiful playfield, cabinet, light show, theme integration, risk vs. reward aspect of rules, great video and song assets.
Cons...too multiball heavy (reducing the helper mode multiballs would help), bad plunger shot that dribbles to right slingshot, JJP flippers. Also, newer players have trouble knowing what to shoot for and why. JJP games have great lights, but when they are all on and changing colors, it's hard to tell someone "hit the lit shot", so it becomes a flail fest for this type of player.
Zep:
Pros...fast action, snappy flippers, good flow, good pf layout.
Cons...rules need more love, pro playfield is sparse, theme integration isn't fully developed, feels similar to many other games (lack of uniqueness).
These two are very different games and it's going to be a matter of which game style you prefer as to which you'll like better. Collectors will lean more towards GNR and tournament players more towards LZ I would guess. Many people are a little of each (players and collectors/enthusiasts) so they should get both!

I think it is far harder to remove things from the rule set than to add so the multiball will stay. I fell there should be atleast one easy to start multiball but G&R does go overboard

#1672 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If Stern made it he would respond totally different.

The hell I would I have bashed Stern LE prices many times

#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ve talked to and seen some very good players play GnR

Thats the thing about watching game play streams good players make it look so bloody easy

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Why does every discussion in every thread turn into fanboys bashing one another? Can these games be compared without utter worship for one brand and disdain for the other?

Because anytime I make a post tweedle dee and tweedle dum jump on it

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Now this is a very stupid observation!Cmon man you saw the interview with Eric from SDTM

Post the link

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Stern doesn't really care, because games keep selling.....JJP on the other hand still has to prove their worth, and start making money....the bottom line is JJP is really motivated to knock it out of the park.....Stern on the other hand is fine with getting on base.

JJP is ten years old stop acting as if they are a startup

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP is a new company

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JY64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=JY64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.