8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Theme wise it’s not close. Led Zeppelin is so much better than Guns n Roses, it’s almost laughable to compare them.

What do you mean themewise?

Also, since i have listen to both bands alot and some here say, led is easily a greater pinball franchise/songs then gnr.
What songs?

Say you need 8-10 for a pin, which 8-10 led songs are clearly so superior for a pinball machine compared to gnr counters?

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

"r u joking? I'm flabbergasted over here."
I'm a fan of both bands. I love GnR music more for pinball and more as artists, but lets take a look at some Led songs that would be good for pinball..These are just my opinion.
Good songs for Pinball
-Rock N Roll
-Immigrant Song
-Whole Lotta Love
-Black Dog
-Kashmir
-Heartbreaker
-Good Times Bad Times
-D'yer Mak'er
-Communication Breakdown
-Moby Dick
-Dancing Days
Not a bad list!

Really mostly very good songs, even though some breaks down into Psychedelics midway thru.
Still, there are some really good and suitable songs from gnr aswell.

Compare with......
-Yesterday
-welcome to the jungle
-you could be mine
-estranged (my personal favorite)
-paradise city
-Sweet child of mine
-Civil war
-Rocket queen
-Mr brownstone
-Locomotive
-Better

You may argue led is better, matter of opinion, but calling it a landslide, seems to much.

2 months later
#244 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

One thing's for damn sure: You won't have to worry about your deposit being returned on an LZLE if you order one...

Maybe they will do like with beatles and have sucker ed. 1,2 and three?

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Im amazed that so many have big faith in Led Zeppelin
I have no clue on the US market, but here in Europe sales wont fly compared to GnR, not even close....
I would even predict that GnR crushes sales with 5-1 easy peasy
But thats just my 2 cents

The most iconic around here is stairway to heaven, which i awesome. Not sure it's a pin-song.
Unfortunately the best led pinball songs are recked by turning into acid-trips halfway thru.

1 week later
#381 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep and 20 years from now whether it’s a FM rock channel or Sirius/XM, Pandora or whatever the flavor of that decade is we will hear the usual 5-6 GNR tunes being played vs the 20+ LZ tracks you typically hear and yes those LZ songs will be 60-70 years old at that point.
The catalogues aren’t even comparable. LZ right up there with the Stones, Beatles and the Who as greatest all time.

Nobody younger then 40 have heard or cares for lz, besides stairway to heaven, whilst every one whos been to a sportig event knows of GNR.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Go to any NHL game (pre Covid) and between faceoffs you'll hear blasts of Immigrant Song, Black Dog, When the Levee Breaks and more...when the refs gather to discuss a call you can count on hearing a little Communication Breakdown.
If you consider yourself a music fan do yourself a favor.
Watch Zeppelin live at The Royal Albert Hall from January 1970.
You're welcome.

Must be very different compared to europe.
Here lz is a no-show.

It's mostly gnr, queen and some of the new ultra/trance like darude/sandstorm and such.

1 month later
#588 3 years ago

Seems there is no competiton.
Jjp won by default.
Stern with another generic no soul effort.

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Imagine if JJP did this.[quoted image]

For the ce they would have to go with the spaghetti incident. Baby blue legs ofc.

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had an afterthought the other night of -"Why am I trying so hard for people to try and see the light?" I guess I am just passionate. Sometimes I feel like "Can you get a horse to water?" Yes-but can you make him drink?

You are right, you probably cant make him drink, atleast aslong as what you serving is piss, instead of water.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Different strokes for different folks, I see it aged 50 years like a fine wine.

Totally agree. If you like the art, the gameplay and think stern did an excellent job representing led zeppelin with this pin.
Congrats.

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Like this....[quoted image][quoted image]

That ce really stands out.
The effort.
Pin of the year.

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Needs the Assets to work in my opinion.

That's a strange and somewhat contradictory statement coming from a stern fan.

1 week later
#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So you believe that they could not get the chest to open lets not forget the missing monkey they are cutting cost

Agreed. I think games needs to be loaded.
Serviceable but loaded.
Woz with better shots is the dream.

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Woz with a better theme but being that the monkey was pulled from the last run I don't think you will ever see that

I hope the tide turns.
I want more people coming back and starting up with pinball. They are not going to do that with games like LZ pro.
I want people to see a pinball machine for the first time in their life, both kids and younger adults, thinking it´s most cool and mesmerizing thing they´ve ever seen.

I want JJP to produce games that makes games like woz seem lacking in gizmos, Stern JP lacking in good shots, making GNR and hobbit seem lacking in theme-integration.
I want great rules and progression with lots of easter eggs, lots of video supporting progression.

You might say, it´s not doable or possible.
Considering other computer amusements or computer-aided amusements pinball needs to step up.

For christmas i bought one of my kids a vr-set. I´ve tried it, it´s totally amazing. tested it five years ago, totally lackluster. What a development!
Imagine where that thing will be in five years?

As someone at our christmas party said, when we were talking about pinball and return of alien.
- In ten years with vr-technique you will be on-board the sulaco gearing up to fight the aliens, and it will almost feel real.

If you buy Stern LZ, you are honestly one of the suckers holding pinball back.

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is a really shitt thing to say. People are saving their money to buy a game they like. They can buy whatever game they like. I read on FB rhat there are no shit pinball machines, only shit people. This statement is so true.
Peoples tastes are all different. Everybody gets to vote with their wallets.

May be, but you are not vitalizing pinball producing and buying machines, that looks way worse then they did thirty years ago.

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I see this constantly and it has nothing to do with NIB games. They couldn’t care less. More people are getting into the hobby everyday and most aren’t buying anything close to new.

Every time kids come over and see our games their heads explode. It has nothing to do with the new games. They want to play ANYTHING.
Most adults play the EMs. It’s what they prefer.

Hahahahahahaha

Are more people getting into the hobby or picking up of nostalgic reasons?
how many really "new" pinballplayers are there?

Same at home, they think it´s fun, but only for a little while (is my experience), i think it´s because it´s to little in, to compete with other stuff.
If old people prefer old machines, that kind of proves my point?

If people think the latest from stern is awesome, so be it. Good luck with that. For 2020 i think it´s bloody embarrassing.

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're really angry about that tariff, aren't you?
I'm proud to be a sucker that continues to support pinball so that companies continue to make machines that you can either choose to buy...or not.
If they all go out of business, your choice gets a little more limited.

I am.

If they all go out of business, it´s likely because they didn´t bother to keep pushing the development of pinball further.

#1181 3 years ago

Sounds like you need to be hanging around the EM threads. Plenty of people like JJP and Sterm machines, me included. I do not think any manufacturer can make a machine that you would like. Or maybe you are just trolling.

I like lots of pins. Hobbit, afm, simpson and maiden to name a few.
I just think there are to many games that seems so far from their best effort, like lz.
Also i would like to see much more innovation, imagination and magic.
Pinball has lots of tough competition and i want it to survive.

#1201 3 years ago

Dr pin has posted that he does not like either game. Also calling the games uninspiring and people that have bought the games suckers. Combative posting is fun. Negativity is not.

Where did i say that about the gnr game?

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

From Pinsider Mark1971: Led Zeppelin is without a doubt the greatest band of all time

This isnt correct. Beatles is the greatest band of all time. By a land-slide.
If you include bandmembers individual success it gets even worse.
Beatles simply destroy all competition and including bandmember success LZ is also easily passed by genesis and eagles.

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes technically you are correct sir.
Wow GNR is all the way down to number 92 out of 100? Surprised they made the list?
I suspect after the honeymoon stage is over and people become un-hypnotized from the shiny lights GNR will settle on Pinside Top 100 around the same mark as the Rolling Stones Top 100-#92.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_Stone%27s_100_Greatest_Artists_of_All_Time

Both bands are great. Gnr more modern. The usual LZ mid-song lsd flash is probably puzzling and not so appriciated by a younger audience.

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Just for comparison reference
[quoted image]

That machine just looks spectacular.

#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just a stray sheep that wandered away from the herd because the smell was just too much to take.

Well if you smell the others, be glad, cause uou obvously dont have corona.

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree, other factors that make it a fair price:
- It's a modern, loved theme (that was picked up by HBO IIRC).
- It's a killer game that serious pinball players will love (because it's challenging).
The fan base for R&M is huge. I also ended up getting the butter cabinet, which is a feature that makes it even more limited (and isn't being done by any other pinball manufacturer). I thought they were "RadCals", but I was pleasantly surprised that the art is directly printed and cleared...just like a playfield. To be honest, my R&M cabinet looks nicer than some of the recent Stern PF's I've seen

I'm not a fan of JJP's extra 100+ lbs. when compared with Sterns. The extra weight makes it impractical to move upstairs.

R&M is really perfect for pinball. Really smart move by spooky.

Stern machines are so lightweight and easy to move, that i consider tiltwarnings extraballs.

1 week later
#1786 3 years ago

I wonder what this treatment of a franschise does to the ability to get new themes/franchiseholder onboard?

If i was a franschiseholder an saw lz next to gnr, i know which company i would have choosen.
Even if pinball is a small thing theese days, it's still important to get good representation.

I showed the jukebox samples that was posted in the gnr thread and most at my work were amazed/mezmerized. When you get ladies in their 30-50 look impressed with a 8k$ mantoy, you've really achieved 5 stars.

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Damn, I got screwed, too flat.
[quoted image]

Seems to be a mm or two lower on the left.

2 weeks later
#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from ctswhole:

Spent the day setting up Led Zepplin and GNR. Both are great games but I can’t stop playing GNR the game is over the top!
[quoted image]

Gnr is such a great looker. Lz as seen looks better then initial pictures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.