8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#338 3 years ago

Waiting to see some GNR SE game play videos and impressions. Won’t fork over near $10k shipped for a LE. Will wait to see what Stern offers on a Zep pin before making another NIB purchase. Kids want TMNT and to be honest I enjoyed it also.

1 week later
#423 3 years ago

Not a fan of Iron Maiden and grew up in the 70’s and 80’s. But I loved the IM pin. If I was a bigger fan of IM the pin would be in my living room.

Big Zeppelin fan since I was a kid, but have reservations on it. Maiden albums have killer art work that translates perfectly to a pin and anything else, Zeppelin’s art work not so much and kinda bland.

Worried if Zeppelins music is hard enough for a pin? I know they are not soft rock and do have some great songs like Rock n Roll, Black Dog, and Misty Mountain Hop that rock, but are they are enough to get the heart pumping playing a pin?

Would love to see a Motley Crue pin or a 80’s metal band compilation pin with Twisted Sister, Accept, Sabbath, Slayer, Quiet Riot, Crue, Anthrax, Motörhead, ect. Licensing nightmare but one can dream.

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

You grew up in the 70s, yet you lump Sabbath into the '80s metal band compilation' idea? C'mon man!
Zeppelin wished they could write music and lyrics like Tony and Geezer did.

typical fan boy response. Many bands started in the 70’s and carried over into the 80’s and Sabbath is a band that did and I like some of their music. But Sabbath wishes they had Zeppelin’s success especially after Ozzy left them. Zeppelin is still popular even though they broke up in the 80’s after Bonham died and they still are making money and apparently more money to be made since they are making a Zep pin and not a Sabbath one.

Regardless who is the better song writer, Zeppelin will always be above Sabbath too many people. Led Zeppelin far outsells Black Sabbath, and almost any other band in history, with 200 million records sold worldwide. ... Black Sabbath, in comparison, has sold 80 million records worldwide, throughout their 49 year career. Not bad for a band who apparently sucks at writing music and we’re together from only 1968 to 1980..

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

We all know from an asset perspective Stern's Zepp will be 1 and JJP's GNR was an 11 (probably never be repeated)....Stern will cheap out on on acquiring the assets...the game will have 8-10 songs, and Sterns typical cartoony animations.....does that mean it won't be a fun game....NO...it could be kick ass, but don't expect a bunch of assets....it is what it is

Saying it would be a 1 definitely shows your bias against Stern. But your points are valid though. Outside of all the flash and great light show is GnR really an 11? So it’s better than perfect? You set he bar very low for Stern and really high for JJP. I am not a fan of live music video's dubbed with studio tracks. Not a fan of 27” monitor screen size or the short plunge. Call outs seemed forced and like they didn’t want to be there to me and just read the line.

All the lights in the world won’t make up for a game if it’s a good or ok shooter once the initial wow factor wares off if your looking to buy vs just dropping in a few quarters in.

I am waiting for more SE videos and impressions to come because I can’t justify spending near $10k for a pin, especially not even playing one. SE looks like a decent more affordable price, but $7k is still a lot of money.

Like I have said I am a big Zeppelin fan but I have my concerns and will have to play one before I spend the money no matter how good or bad people say it is.

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Both Zep and Sabbath are bands from the 60s. Like flower power and shit like that.

Apparently you really haven’t listened to either band. They are not the mommas and the papas and far from flower power.

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

My Zeppelin list for pinball...
Immigrant Song
Good Times, Bad Times
Whole Lotta Love
When the Levee Breaks
Rock and Roll
Trampled Under Foot
Black Dog
Communication Breakdown
The Ocean
Houses of the Holy
The Song Remains The Same
I would assume there would a hammer for Hammer of the Gods. If there's not a blimp, then what are we even doing this for?

For me Remove Houses of the Holy and The Song Remains the Same and replace with Misty Mountain Hop and Traveling Riverside Blues or In My Time of Dying, but in my Time of Dying is like a 20 minute song.

#520 3 years ago

Stern can do the tour posters for cabinet art like JJP did with GnR LE.

83DED738-55A4-4106-8C21-88696C0EEA9C (resized).jpeg83DED738-55A4-4106-8C21-88696C0EEA9C (resized).jpeg
#521 3 years ago

This would be a cool backglass

F70F54AD-251B-4A7C-8E5D-1AB0B36E7AE6 (resized).jpegF70F54AD-251B-4A7C-8E5D-1AB0B36E7AE6 (resized).jpeg
#537 3 years ago

When do you guys or gals think Stern will announce LZ?

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Guessing Dec or Jan no later as they have to keep the new game cycle.

that is what I was hoping for. Hopefully December. Holding off on getting either TMNT or AFMr

1 month later
#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just kiddin of course. But really, STH?

Bought ST for Christmas for the family and it’s a good fun game that gives me that one more game feel. Now waiting for Elvira to be made and hopefully a LZ ends up in Arizona on route so I can try it. Still not happy with the direction LZ went. Wish I was a bigger GnR fan.

#1094 3 years ago

For me on a cheesesteak you can not go wrong with just mayo and mushrooms. Trust me, it’s the best.

2 weeks later
#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They really do. I'm buying $10k pins on a music teacher's salary...this isn't some hedge fund money I've got lying around. And when you have a dream theme that you're excited for and a bunch of people are shitting on your excitement repeatedly and saying the same thing over and over--without even having played the damn thing or waited for mature code--well...it wears on you a bit.
But I went through all of this when Star Wars came out, and Game of Thrones. The most recent was the trashing of Stranger Things, which I was really excited for and had on order. That was supposedly the biggest piece of shit ever made. Now people are finally coming around to seeing it's a really fun and addictive game.
I wish people would approach these games with a little more restraint and patience, that's all.

I bought Stranger Things pro for the family for Christmas and it’s a blast! As far as Led Zeppelin goes I was extremely let down. Iconic band and license too have and it looks so stripped down and cabinet clip art work. I had hopes for it but it’s impossible not to compare it to Guns and Roses. The reveal and all the work that went into the GnR CE alone was pretty damn impressive.

I almost pulled the trigger but not a huge fan of GnR and wanted to see what stern would do with LZ. I hope to be able to play both and see if either will end up in my collection. But now waiting for Godzilla or Toy Story next.

#1590 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I have now played both GNR (LE) and Led Zeppelin (Pro) and here are my thoughts:
First, as it turns out, comparing these two games, although inevitable, is dumb. They couldn't be more different in style and other than both featuring a band theme, have nothing in common.
GNR is a packed playfield that is heavy in multi ball modes and prominently features a center scoop as well as upper playfields.
LZ is an open playfield that features long shots into ramps and orbits.
GNR has a lot of action with song segments and an adventure-style code where you try to complete songs.
LZ is more laid-back and plays entire songs with a code that is more about hitting shots than advancing a "story."
GNR is packed with things to look at on the playfield (hat, cymbals, guitar head stocks, drum sticks, tons of lighting inserts).
ZL is sparse with relatively few lighting inserts, nothing on the playfield other than a non-interactive zeppelin and a jumping Icarus.
GNR is a spam the flipper-type game and hope the balls don't drain and long ball times when you do hit ramps and orbits.
LZ is a flow-game with long shots primarily into ramps and orbits with quick returns.
GNR has two video displays (including the main video display that is much larger than LZ) that have a lot of advanced graphics (gun animations, etc.) and add to the gameplay experience.
LZ has one video display that primarily plays hard to see concert scenes and relatively basic graphics.
GNR (LE) costs about $3,300 more than LZ (Pro).
I like both games, but I think GNR looks like a much more expensive (which it is) and impressive pin, where as LZ plays a lot better if you like hitting long satisfying shots. I would truly be surprised if any buyer would regret going with one over the other because they are so different they really shouldn't appeal to the same buyer.
For me, I'd rather own GNR, but I'd rather play LZ.

I appreciate your honest feedback.

“For me, I'd rather own GNR, but I'd rather play LZ.” Not my quote but who I am responding to.

I haven’t played either one yet but from all I have seen so far from images, gameplay videos for both, GnR seems to or tries offer an experience with modes and progression earning songs ect and trying to take pinball to the next level, than just hitting a ball.I am new to pinball collecting but have played games since pong and I appreciate the effort for JJP trying to give the fans more and taking it to a new level.

LZ looks and feels like it is a fun pin to play on route, but it seems to be a step back than a move forward. And for a band as iconic as LZ many were hoping and expecting more. It’s not a Beatles or Munsters letdown degree, but a letdown nonetheless for me and others.

I hope I get a chance to play both and hope I am proven wrong, but even if LZ is a blast to play, I am not sure there’s enough there for me to consider putting down $7699 for a premium, and there’s a lot there for a GnR LE but can’t justify spending $10k for one either. A double edged sword unfortunately. Want more pay more. And with prices rising as it is, I hope it doesn’t get to a point we’re the prices put an end to the hobby.

I used to collect 1/4 scale DC statues and 1/6 Hot Toys DC and Star Wars figures and prices were sub $200 and as low as $149 for a very nice high end figure. Popularity grew and prices on the secondary were going up to $350 for a figure that was $149 new. So Hot Toys saw that people were paying much more and decided to raise the price to $225 and up. Statues went from $399 to then $699 and more now. I got out and so did many others because the cost went against any justifiability.

I know pinball and figures are nowhere near the same thing, but the trend is happening here and I am new to this hobby. Old EM games that went for $400 are now a $1000 and up. I paid $1600 for Cyclone with a mint extra playfield in 2019, now look at prices. I hope I and others don’t get priced out of this hobby, especially since I just started. If I am putting down $7699 for a LZ I as many have certain expectations to justify the purchase.

If you love either LZ and GnR that’s awesome, but for me one is lacking and priced high, and one is loaded and priced high. Can’t justify either purchase especially NIB.

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm not a year or two kinda guy, but I'm glad you like it!

How long do you hold on to them? And how many plays do you put on your games?

1 week later
#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It's amazing that people can associate throwing crap together fast and often is something to be celebrated rather than quality and taking time to try and make every machine better and better. With LZ, I would think it would spend about an hour on the assembly line maybe less as there is not alot of anything going on, oh but the flow!

I love Flo

543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2063 3 years ago

I have not been lucky enough to play a GNR sadly. First off I am a huge LZ fan. My wife and I got to play a LZ pro on Thursday. I kept my final opinion till I played one. Was not a fan of the art work but in person I definitely like the playfield much more in person. Only gripe I have are the sling shots. Not at all horrible, but they should have put the hermit or something else there.
I really liked the cabinet art in person on the pro. I definitely prefer it to the premium as of now. Sucks that the art blades and lights are not on the pro. The removable slots on the sides and plain black definitely not all that great looking next to the playfield art.
The music unfortunately was not turned up all that loud at all so can’t really give an opinion on the quality of the tracks. The sound effects when you hit the targets and all really sounded awesome and I loved it. Definitely a surprise for me in person.
Didn’t really get to see the animations while playing and same when my wife was. I was watching her play. I did like the song select screen like a jukebox. The call outs were good but not great. Bland British accent call outs but I watch a lot of BBC so not horrible and I still liked it.
On the pro, the 3rd flipper kinda seems useless to me. Really didn’t add much to the game for me. Sucks the ramp on the premium was removed. Should have been on the pro also.
I had a fair amount of SDTM when launching the ball with the button on the lockdown bar. Had a few also when the ball didn’t have enough power to go up the middle ramp.
It definitely played smooth, not as smooth as butter like EHOH though. The open playfield did not bother me at all like my initial impressions. I loved the flow of the game and the SR openness I worried about was no longer an issue for me, and I have BKSOR premium and I love it.
I didn’t get many long ball playing times unfortunately and that sucks when it’s a buck a game. But first time playing it and I am far from a pro and didn’t have my aim dialed in since I only played it 6 times.
Hitting Icarus was not all that satisfying for me but liked the sound effect when you hit it. Also wish the zeppelin was a physical lock instead of a virtual one, but hitting the ramp to get it was still fun to hit, but not as fun as locking it in the catapult on BKSOR.
At this point I am definitely leaning more to getting LZ, but still not leaning towards NIB and not sure if premium is worth the extra cost since I didn’t get to play one and I prefer the artwork on the pro. And will wait and see what stern does for the EM spinner issue.
I really wanted to love this pin, but at this point I really like it. Not sure if I would have had some buyers remorse TBH if I bought NIB. Possibly some if I am to be honest because I had higher expectations prior to reveal.
I will most likely pick one up used at some point. But for now my deposit for EHOH is going nowhere unless Stern cancels or Godzilla is announced and blows me away.
Just my opinion and for me I give LZ a 7/10 at this point. Not perfect, but pretty good.

2D339782-34FC-4F7C-B655-F738229162F7 (resized).jpeg2D339782-34FC-4F7C-B655-F738229162F7 (resized).jpeg3C82049C-751B-406B-BD7B-C6BFCF04D6BE (resized).jpeg3C82049C-751B-406B-BD7B-C6BFCF04D6BE (resized).jpeg69C3EFF8-AD96-47C5-AD16-A950E5758408 (resized).jpeg69C3EFF8-AD96-47C5-AD16-A950E5758408 (resized).jpegD2DEF5B3-618A-42BB-A3F0-606E6FD5FA2E (resized).jpegD2DEF5B3-618A-42BB-A3F0-606E6FD5FA2E (resized).jpegE2556029-9D3C-4AE0-9844-9AFBFCFDD6CF (resized).jpegE2556029-9D3C-4AE0-9844-9AFBFCFDD6CF (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,400 (OBO)
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=BallyKISS1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.