8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This thread has zero relevance until at least 6 months past both games honeymoon stage. Wait until all the people start dumping their boxes of lights and prices plummet as others eyes open up to true 'Ritchie' greatness. Oh lord-I have seen the light-Amen Brother-Time to dump this 10K paperweight

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

agreed- i must have been seeing double when counting the flippers

I'll give you some credit; you took an epic schooling better than most would have!

Many people would have just scrunched up their face and yelled into the internet this is all wrong; those are alternate facts! Why are people so mean etc...

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Thanks- I was absolutely wrong on a couple facts and deserved to be bitched slapped. However do still feel my initial point is valid- that people shouldn't hate on a game without any basis.

Fair; I don't think that anybody should be "hating" LZ at this point; how many people have actually played it enough to even form an educated opinion? People can be unimpressed all they want though.

And if you said "make room in your collection, buy one of the music themed pins from this year" it would be GnR for me (from what I have seen so far). Then LZ, then Heavy Metal. Others are free to spend nearly as much as a GnR on a Heavy Metal; if/when they do, I hope they enjoy it as much as I would enjoy a GnR.

Having this many choices is crazy compared to where the hobby was 10-20 years ago.

#1329 3 years ago

Given how many buyers are sheep in this hobby (tell me what game to by next threads etc.) having someone come in and correct factual inaccuracies (like overstating the number of flippers on LZ by "only" 100%) seems helpful.

Next thing LZ would "have 6 flippers and a billion shots, and 12 secret songs that some Stern insider said would be unlocked at the next Great Conjunction...

I mean its not like we are all easily swayed by hype, but most of us are most of the time...

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Wonka and DI are anything but fast. They flow but the weak JJP flippers let you take a nap while the ball travels around the ramps. DI is a great game. I guess Wonka was fast, at leaving, still my shortest owned game at 3 weeks. It has a decent layout but the code is awful. JJP needs to buy a Stern, AP, or Spooky machine and take the flippers out and put them in their games.

Uh, you realize that you can set the individual coil strength for JJP games? I have not had any games where I was sitting there saying "dang, my flippers are too slow".

#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Cargument #1
The Stern LZ Pin fanboys pretending it’s as good as JJP GNR
[quoted image]

Hmm.... there is one kernel of truth on that. That vehicle is much more likely to be able to go a few km without needing a stupid expensive service than a Lambo.

Just like a LZ is likely to need fewer adjustments to play well than a GNR. Way more simple design; comparatively like a pedal powered car to a Lambo

For a minimal price difference, though I respect the pedal powered version, I would still take the lambo if I was cross shopping both...

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I realize that, they are still slow and weak when adjusted higher.

Slow in what way; e.g. from initially pressing the button to activation? If that is your gripe you can gap the cabinet flipper switches differently.

This whole thing reminds me of the "scandal" when people thought the remade MM's had some flipper delay compared to the original. There was stress, people gnashing their teeth, pearls were even clutched... people with the new games swore theirs were defective... then someone had the bright idea (and the resources) to actually measure the flipper response on both games.

Surprise surprise, it was all in people's heads. Then people went on to complain about the next likely made up thing...

#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Since it's a pretty common complaint, it must be their system.
There is clearly a difference in flipper strength/response between JJP and every other manufacturer.

I just explained why this "common complaint so it must be true" thing is extremely flawed in general, but especially when it comes to hyper emotional pinballers... as usual it is hard to convince someone when they have decided to make up their mind on it. I am open to other evidence, but my JJP games seem fine. If anything, my JP flippers are overpowered even after dialing them down. Maybe some people are only satisfied when the flippers are so strong that airballs are the norm? Explains the cratered playfields more...

1 week later
#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Maybe for your staircase, but I had a really experienced pinball mover here with an escalera and he gave up after the 2nd or 3rd stair. He ended up taking SWLE upstairs instead...and it took him 40 minutes with the fancy escalera.
[quoted image]

Blue dog is blue! My daughter had a kids book with that art; I did not know it was well known enough to be collected like that!

1 week later
#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who is Cary Hardy?

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Or, enjoy what you have and don't feel the need to trash others.

I wouldn't say you are epicly trashing Cary Hardy here, but either you genuinely clueless about him and couldn't be arsed to do even a google search, or you are not exactly Mr. Positive yourself. Clueless or a meanie, which is it my man?

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Clueless i guess. Just because I like to form my own opinions. I do agree that lz is stripped down, but if you read beyond pinball, zeppelin controls their assets harder than any other band on the planet. Makes no sense to me but apparently they don't want to make more money. I wish lz would of looked more like gnr or jp, but a change of pace will be good too. I guess I don't get the relentless bashing and ruining other peoples fun. I ordered a lz le and will enjoy the hell out of it. Enjoy your gnr, they are beautiful for sure

I don't have either on order, but admit if I had to pick one to check out it would be GNR. I am always open to being wrong; to me LZ seems like a decent Stern effort from ~2009. Iron Man Era. And I love Iron Man, I have owned one since 2010. But its 2021, it is okay to want something fresher tasting .

And nice that there are several options; heck as I noted previously there will be a few buyers for whom Heavy Metal is the right choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?tu=BC_Gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.