8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 42.
#1 4 years ago

Two juggernaut themes coming in 2020

Choose wisely

LZ v.s. GNR.pngLZ v.s. GNR.png
#2 4 years ago

I really like the idea of a classic rock band pins being in the form of a retheme. I’m looking forward to seeing the Zep pin. I’m not a Beatles fan, but have really enjoyed the Beatles pin. Can’t wait to see what Stern comes up with!

#3 4 years ago

Very curious to see how they both are laid out.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I really like the idea of a classic rock band pins being in the form of a retheme. I’m looking forward to seeing the Zep pin. I’m not a Beatles fan, but have really enjoyed the Beatles pin. Can’t wait to see what Stern comes up with!

I think Beatles is super fun. A little overpriced but a really great pin.

I am probably all in for GNR with no real interest in LZ

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think Beatles is super fun. A little overpriced but a really great pin.

Agreed on the price and I’m expecting the same for the Zep pin. At least for now, there is no going backwards on price especially at Stern.

#6 4 years ago

The rumor mill is swirling with gossip but hearing that the Stern Led Zeppelin machine is not a Quicksilver re-skin but rather a full blown modern design with Pro, Premium, and LE models.

#7 4 years ago

I'm about the biggest Zep fan out there. With Ritchie on it, I'm happy, as AC/DC is my favorite pin ever. Kind of worried we're gonna see the same old same old Stern design philosophy though. Play Stern Star Wars Pro on Friday for the first time in a while and holy shit. That is a barren, empty box. Seriously shameful.

I have higher hopes for JJP GNR, though. You know they'll nail the theme, feel and they'll be some decent custom toys. Anyone know if it's a widebody or standard?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That is a barren, empty box. Seriously shameful.

Star Wars is my second favorite game and in my opinion-a masterpiece. To me it is not about the number of toys but how well it plays. It is funny that you did not care for the Pro because right now I have a Star Wars Home Pin on my radar-sometimes less is more.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Star Wars is my second favorite game and in my opinion-a masterpiece. To me it is not about the number of toys but how well it plays. It is funny that you did not care for the Pro because right now I have a Star Wars Home Pin on my radar-sometimes less is more.

It's embarrassingly barren. I'm no fan of Dwight rules either. He coded it to death to makeup for the lack of physical interaction. He technically "succeeded". I bet you the home pin is actually better because it's simpler!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The rumor mill is swirling with gossip but hearing that the Stern Led Zeppelin machine is not a Quicksilver re-skin but rather a full blown modern design with Pro, Premium, and LE models.

I like rumors like this!

rumors (resized).jpgrumors (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

I don't want to overly complicate things but the type of playfield matters here. I'm all for a Led Zepellin pin but if it is a remake of an old Stern playfield like the way Beatles is then I would be out. I'm in only if it's an original playfield and it had a reasonable amount of good stuff on it.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I don't want to overly complicate things but the type of playfield matters here. I'm all for a Led Zepellin pin but if it is a remake of an old Stern playfield like the way Beatles is then I would be out. I'm in only if it's an original playfield and it had a reasonable amount of good stuff on it.

I might be in either way. I like the older Stern re-skins, but if the rumor of Steve Ritchie is true for a new design I would be looking closely there too. I'm firmly out on GNR.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

At some point the fun needs to be backed up by value in terms of toys, features, and code depth. Games like Star Wars pro and Stranger Things pro are fun but are embarrassingly bare considering the near $6K NIB price.

I'm not really looking forward to another Steve Ritchie layout at this point, they have recently become too similar in my opinion. I hope he tries something new with his next layout.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not looking forward to another of Steve Ritchie layout at this point

Steve Ritchie is my favorite designer and his fast flowing layouts are all my favorites. I am confident that Steve will deliver.

King #2.jpgKing #2.jpg
#15 4 years ago

I know Stern won't do this , but to have a Stair Way to Heaven set up like Gottliebs Wipe Out ski lift. Now wouldn't that be neat!!

#16 4 years ago

Well the only one that is being made is GnR...LZ is a pipe dream. So there’s that little factor...

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

For some people less like you said is actually really more ideal.
For the star wars home pin, I'd like to see how well it does on the 2nd hand home market. See what the price would be around. As I've seen NIB at 4k and 4.5k.
But, I know for my father, I'd like to get him a pin and I wouldn't want a pin where lots of things could go wrong. So something like the Home Stern Star Wars is a bit ideal. And I know I've had a lot of fun playing that pin. I like the ball lock for that game. Simple, but fun to aim for.

Back to Led Zep or GnR... I'm not the biggest fan of either of those bands. Sure I enjoy songs from both. I'd rather have a Zep over GnR, but I'd rather finally get the AFM that I've been wanting over both of these.
With that being said, I sure as heck would really like to play both of them. I also thought that Aerosmith would be a garbage game, until I played it. And while I don't really like that each song is a mode(I know AC DC is the same), I love the animations on Aerosmith, and its one of my favorite ball lock mechs ever. So I really enjoy an Aerosmith, and maybe one day I'll get one for my home.
So who knows... Maybe those games get released and they'll wow me and I'll buy one or both of them. But, they'd need to wow me something fierce.

#18 4 years ago

Is this just a rumor or are these actually two options?

If Stern makes a LZ it might well be my first premium or LE ever. Can't remember when the last time I intentionally listened to LZ but nostalgia sure makes my wallet throw up money.

#19 4 years ago

Rather see Jack to Zeppelin, and stern do GnR.
Probably out either way.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Good God I hope so.

I've enjoyed Beatles, but LZ needs to be a fill blown, ACDC/Metallica like extravaganza.

#21 4 years ago

LZ is my favorite band of all time. I would like a full blown re design. I am liking the newer stern models so we will see. Now a JJP LZ would be another thing all together .

#22 4 years ago

Is it possible to make the Led Zep game run with no quarters?

#23 4 years ago

Interested in both. What is on the playfield matters as usual, but feel artwork is really important to nail the era of these particular bands.

Really hope both companies have found their Donnie/Franchi.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Interested in both. What is on playfield matters

I am interested to see what JJP does with a standard playfield instead of a wide-body. I feel like the Goldilocks story where....I want a game with cool interactive toys/mechs, but at the same time-I want a game that is not overcrowded with toys/mechs. Something in-between?

#25 4 years ago

Uh, Goldilocks ?

#26 4 years ago

Unless you want to get you house blown down with a huff And a puff.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Uh, Goldilocks ?

yes Goldilocks

#28 4 years ago

Do we know who’s rumored to be working with Ritchie on zep?

#29 4 years ago

I love my AC/DC Luci, but I just don’t want another Ritchie fan layout. I like the idea of the re-themed classics a lot. I love the classic Sterns and love The Beatles and would love to see Zepplin as a re-themed Star Gazer rather than Quicksilver. If that’s not in the cards, I would like to see Stern do a few Vault Editions of their old SS games.

#30 4 years ago

If they redo Zep I’m just hoping no stairway to heaven to played out. It’d be nice to have a live song option as well, hint , just sayin. I’d die & go to stairway to heaven if I could get live moby dick multiball

#31 4 years ago

I’d like some variations outside of the fan layout too...more like Iron Maiden with lots of different angles and shots. But I’m in the boat of hoping they stick with an original design for zeppelin rather than a re-theme.

#32 4 years ago

Upper playfield like that of Elvis?

#33 4 years ago

Stairway could be the the wizard mode so you don't hear it too often (or ever in my case).

#34 4 years ago

If Stern does an original Zeppelin game and not a rehash of an old game......I AM IN!!! Love rock themes!! Keep them coming!

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Steve Ritchie is my favorite designer and his fast flowing layouts are all my favorites. I am confident that Steve will deliver.[quoted image]

I like him too. But his last two games were stinkers and barren. I hope it isn’t a reskin. Beatles was a huge disappointment.

#36 4 years ago

Long over both of them, however it would really depend on the gameplay itself.

#37 4 years ago

I’m excited to see both. Also, I like Philly cheesesteaks.

#38 4 years ago

Rather see Sabbath and Zappa.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I like Philly cheesesteaks.

I like my Philly Cheesesteaks with the works(mushrooms,onions, green peppers) and extra Cheez Whiz!

Cheez whiz.jpgCheez whiz.jpgPhilly Cheesesteak with Cheez Whiz..jpgPhilly Cheesesteak with Cheez Whiz..jpg
#40 4 years ago

Does that glow in the dark?

#41 4 years ago

I would have to see both. DE GnR is one I always liked ( Just tore up the one at the Coin Slot). Holding out for a Kingpin but who knows how that will go.

#42 4 years ago

Led Zep with Steve Ritchie could be EPIC ! Hopefully with a great artist/hand drawn art...the Zep art could be lurid and fantasy-based, as are many of their songs. Tonnes of art material there.

As others have said, I would love this to be a full blown cornerstone release by Stern and not a reskin. If it's Ritchie...hey Steve!! How about a non-fan-layout? Maybe a third (or fourth) flipper!!

...and hopefully they license the truly rocking songs: Black Dog; Communication Breakdown; Immigrant Song; Rock and Roll...etc...

#43 4 years ago

This most likely a 2020 release.?

#44 4 years ago

A quicksilver remake would be epic. Got the original and it’s simply brilliant. One of the best SS pins.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am interested to see what JJP does with a standard playfield instead of a wide-body. I feel like the Goldilocks story where....I want a game with cool interactive toys/mechs, but at the same time-I want a game that is not overcrowded with toys/mechs. Something in-between?

Ummmm... DI and Wonka??

#46 4 years ago

A jar of artificially flavored hydrogenated oil...you are what you eat

#47 4 years ago

Will be good to hear a music pin through the JJP speakers.

Eric design?

Narrow body I think someone said?

Slash call outs.

Not a GnR fan but excited to see what JJP have designed.

Led Zep - just can't get into their music but love music pins so hope it's good. Art should be killer.

#48 4 years ago

I'm interested in both if Zeppelin is an original game I'd be interested in a pro. I would like to own a JJP game and I'm a big GNR fan so this could be my first.

#49 4 years ago

I’m in for a Led Zepp machine with what I think are rockin songs and good art, one of my favorite bands.

Hard to get excited for GNR although I do like them and I think it’s because I find the DE machine to be a perfectly fine machine that didn’t need a mulligan.

No more retreads for themes!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:I like my Philly Cheesesteaks with the works(mushrooms,onions, green peppers) and extra Cheez Whiz![quoted image][quoted image]

Mushrooms and cheez whiz are disgusting on a cheesesteak. Grilled onions, peppers, and provolone or Swiss cheese is the best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.