8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 42.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

According to some podcasters if you order a GNR soon it may not ship until December or January. That could end up being when LZ is ready to ship.

From what I have heard, the first 6 months of production are already sold.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m expecting Stern to be shipping these before xmas.

Nobody’s going to have any money left after purchasing GnR?

#353 3 years ago

Why would this thread even created? LZ is not even out yet and a lot of guys/gals have not even got GNR yet.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Nobody’s going to have any money left after purchasing GnR?

Yeah I'm sure Zeppelin fans decided not to wait and grab GnR instead. Like that's a lateral move music wise. GnR is OK but they are not even close to being in the same league as Zeppelin. Please try to remove u know what from we know what kind sir.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why would this thread even created? LZ is not even out yet and a lot of guys/gals have not even got GNR yet.

What else are we gonna do here? There's not enough material for us Pinside addicts to dwell on with just released games and owners threads with everyone soaking each others corks about how great there pin is till they notice a PF chip or ghosting insert etc. We need these threads. Thanks sweet innocent Baby Jesus for them and u JJP fanboys. U complete me.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If there the right songs that's enough. Trouble is Stern will have to include the top ten pop list of Zeppelin songs.

Why? AC/DC Luci, Metallica Monster and Maiden Pre were all pretty god damn great. I hope they don't change anything.

I had LE's of all those games....AC/DC all time fav band, but game is so so (lower play field sucked). Met was the best game...IMDN best layout with shitty music....yes music matters....

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah I'm sure Zeppelin fans decided not to wait and grab GnR instead. Like that's a lateral move music wise. GnR is OK but they are not even close to being in the same league as Zeppelin. Please try to remove u know what from we know what kind sir.

Their in exactly the same league in my book...love some of their songs, but I'm no fan boy of anyone's music....that being said Stern will probably cheap out on the license and probably only get 8-10 songs....let alone any other assets. I hope its great, and if it is I may give it a shot.

#358 3 years ago

I’m expecting a flood of GNR’s on the second hand market in the next 1-3 months.

I think we have quite a few impulse buyers on this game.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok I know you have a tough time listening because you like to hear yourself,but like I said Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever!
That being said I think bands like AC/DC and GnR’s music lends itself better to pumped up pinball.
Now you go sit in the corner and behave yourself!

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m expecting a flood of GNR’s on the second hand market in the next 1-3 months.

Correct. As long as they're made promptly.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Zep is my favorite band ever, but some songs are just played out (Rock 'N Roll, Ramble On and Over the Hills). Still LZ is far superior to GNR.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Correct. As long as they're made promptly.

Zep is my favorite band ever, but some songs are just played out (Rock 'N Roll, Ramble On and Over the Hills). Still LZ is far superior to GNR.

Im not sure how you can quantify a song that is 50 years old as "played out". How is it not supposed to be? Also, Ramble On is one of the best rock songs of all time.

LZ isn't "far superior" to GnR. That's nonsense. I was going to try to say how different they are, but if you really look at them, they are quite similar. Both pioneers of their time. Vocals are similar. Long songs. Short songs. Rock songs. Softer songs. Stage presence and concerts look to have been the height of their time. Drug habits killed both bands. Egos destroyed their lead singers.

I would be interested to hear why you feel so strongly about LZ being far superior. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not saying you're right either.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Probably no different than every other pin out there....

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Probably no different than every other pin out there....

We will see very soon, I think the hype is a bit over cooked.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Im not sure how you can quantify a song that is 50 years old as "played out". How is it not supposed to be? Also, Ramble On is one of the best rock songs of all time.
LZ isn't "far superior" to GnR. That's nonsense. I was going to try to say how different they are, but if you really look at them, they are quite similar. Both pioneers of their time. Vocals are similar. Long songs. Short songs. Rock songs. Softer songs. Stage presence and concerts look to have been the height of their time. Drug habits killed both bands. Egos destroyed their lead singers.
I would be interested to hear why you feel so strongly about LZ being far superior. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not saying you're right either.

I honestly don't think it's even an argument. You can just argue longevity that Zeppelin had the same lineup until Bonzo's death and they decided to the end the band. The GNR lineup changed constantly, and radically because they were so damn dysfunctional (etc etc) and their music suffered. This is why GNR has one album that's leaps and bounds better than their others. With Zep, you can ask someone "Rank your Top 5 Zeppelin albums" and you'd have to think about it. With GNR? I mean, C'mon.

GNR couldn't keep it together. They were in complete disarray and just kept putting out lineups and a bunch of crap for years. Good musicians that were in the band though and they were wasted (I mean their talents). Thank God for the LITL Tour thrusting them back into the spotlight though. Going out in a better light.

I'd talk about the better songwriting, complex lyrics, various musical influences that Page, Plant and Jones brought to the table too, but you know all that. It's a lot to talk about. Iconic stuff.

#365 3 years ago

I honestly don't think it's even an argument. You can just argue longevity that Zeppelin had the same lineup until Bonzo's death and they decided to the end the band. The GNR lineup changed constantly, and radically because they were so damn dysfunctional (etc etc) and their music suffered. This is why GNR has one album that's leaps and bounds better than their others. With Zep, you can ask someone "Rank your Top 5 Zeppelin albums" and you'd have to think about it. With GNR? I mean, C'mon.
GNR couldn't keep it together. They were in complete disarray and just kept putting out lineups and a bunch of crap for years. Good musicians that were in the band though and they were wasted (I mean their talents). Thank God for the LITL Tour thrusting them back into the spotlight though. Going out in a better light.
I'd talk about the better songwriting, complex lyrics, various musical influences that Page, Plant and Jones brought to the table too, but you know all that. It's a lot to talk about. Iconic stuff.

Yep and 20 years from now whether it’s a FM rock channel or Sirius/XM, Pandora or whatever the flavor of that decade is we will hear the usual 5-6 GNR tunes being played vs the 20+ LZ tracks you typically hear and yes those LZ songs will be 60-70 years old at that point.

The catalogues aren’t even comparable. LZ right up there with the Stones, Beatles and the Who as greatest all time.

#366 3 years ago

Part of the genius of GnR was how fast they did it. How completely reckless yet successful they were. Illusions 1 and 2 and Appetite are iconic. That’s 3. You mentioned 5 for LZ. Yeah they lasted longer but there wasn’t as many destructive things in their era. LZ wasn’t quite as reckless as GnR that’s for sure, yet GnR are in the same conversation still... Plant and Page are icons and always will be. But so will Slash and Axl. Not debatable. The lineups changes just speaks heavily to the genius of Slash and Axl. *even if Axl is a big a-hole hahaha*

You are a huge LZ fan and can rattle everything off, but GnR fans can do the same.

They are very similar in a lot of respects. And they are also different. I think both of those facts made them what they each are and ultimately ended up being.

#367 3 years ago

I actually wanted to see about their song catalogue because neither has been together that long (or in the case of GnR they only had a few true albums).

Anyway I found two lists, but had 87 songs and both had a good number of stinkers (yes, I am a big LZ fan but they did have a good number of stinkers towards the end).

Neither one has an extensive 400+ song catalogue like the Stones over 50 years.

https://www.spin.com/2014/09/best-led-zeppelin-songs-ranked/

https://wmmr.com/galleries/guns-n-roses-all-87-songs-ranked/

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Part of the genius of GnR was how fast they did it. How completely reckless yet successful they were. Illusions 1 and 2 and Appetite are iconic. That’s 3. You mentioned 5 for LZ. Yeah they lasted longer but there wasn’t as many destructive things in their era. LZ wasn’t quite as reckless as GnR that’s for sure, yet GnR are in the same conversation still... Plant and Page are icons and always will be. But so will Slash and Axl. Not debatable. The lineups changes just speaks heavily to the genius of Slash and Axl. *even if Axl is a big a-hole hahaha*
You are a huge LZ fan and can rattle everything off, but GnR fans can do the same.
They are very similar in a lot of respects. And they are also different. I think both of those facts made them what they each are and ultimately ended up being.

I'm not sure I'd argue shortness of their career as a positive, but they were so whacked out of their minds on heroin, maybe that is a good thing.

Quoted from rai:

I actually wanted to see about their song catalogue because neither has been together that long (or in the case of GnR they only had a few true albums).
Anyway I found two lists, but had 87 songs and both had a good number of stinkers (yes, I am a big LZ fan but they did have a good number of stinkers towards the end).

I've never been a big Stones fan. Don't own a single album. No real "riffs". Not heavy enough. Don't care for Mick's voice. I'm not sure. Never clicked w/me.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

LZ did all of that in a 12 year period as they only toured from 68-80. 8 studio albums total. Who knows what would have happened had Bonham not died but to have all those iconic songs in a short period of time is pretty remarkable and the music has been timeless.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ok I know you have a tough time listening because you like to hear yourself,but like I said Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever!
That being said I think bands like AC/DC and GnR’s music lends itself better to pumped up pinball.
Now you go sit in the corner and behave yourself!

[Comment removed]

I listen, its hard sometimes cause of all the horseshit but I try. Zeppelin is not the greatest band ever, what r u fuckin kidding me. I think are a great band and like some of their music but greatest, nah. "GnR lends itself better to pumped up pinball" Wow

#371 3 years ago

I've never been a big Stones fan.

They are awful.

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Their in exactly the same league in my book...love some of their songs, but I'm no fan boy of anyone's music....that being said Stern will probably cheap out on the license and probably only get 8-10 songs....let alone any other assets. I hope its great, and if it is I may give it a shot.

I was gonna thumbs up this post but I saw some JJP sycophants upvoting that comment. Lol

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How could I hear myself I'm typing u dickhead.
I listen, its hard sometimes cause of all the horseshit but I try. Zeppelin is not the greatest band ever, what r u fuckin kidding me. I think are a great band and like some of their music but greatest, nah. "GnR lends itself better to pumped up pinball" Wow

Nah. Don’t see Zepp on a pin. Especially from Stern

Too much old timers. Pumped out a lot of great stuff but not for a pin

However, Elwin made a great pin out of shit IMDN music

So I’d def be down for a Zepp pin. But Ritchie has been a letdown

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was gonna thumbs up this post but I saw some JJP sycophants upvoting that comment. Lol

I'm a fan of all pinball.....I don't discriminate.....

#375 3 years ago

Judas Priest would be way better suited for pinball than any of these pop bands.

Firepower III: featuring Judas Priest. Make it happen, Stern brains.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had LE's of all those games....AC/DC all time fav band, but game is so so (lower play field sucked). Met was the best game...IMDN best layout with shitty music....yes music matters....

+1

#377 3 years ago

NONE of these music pins will come close to GNR because of the shitty assets by comparison

Therefore, I have ZERO interest

#378 3 years ago

Get Elton John to do a Slash. Shit he is the original “Pinball Wizard”

There you go JJP

Have Slash call Elton!

HUGE

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

[Comment removed]

Nananana

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Unfortunately the stuff that this generation is listening to is, for the most part, utter crap. I'm a music teacher and have devoted my whole life to music. I've got a pretty good idea of what, musically, isn't up to snuff.
That being said, there is some AMAZING stuff being done today and most of it can be found on Alt Nation on Sirius XM. That stuff sounds like actual rock music, and why it's suddenly referred to as "alternative," I have no idea.
Bands like AJR and others are intelligent, innovative, and doing things nobody has tried before without sacrificing quality or stooping to lyrics that are simply designed to shock people.

Saint Motel is a great example of what is out there. I can go on and on about new bands and some their music.

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep and 20 years from now whether it’s a FM rock channel or Sirius/XM, Pandora or whatever the flavor of that decade is we will hear the usual 5-6 GNR tunes being played vs the 20+ LZ tracks you typically hear and yes those LZ songs will be 60-70 years old at that point.
The catalogues aren’t even comparable. LZ right up there with the Stones, Beatles and the Who as greatest all time.

Nobody younger then 40 have heard or cares for lz, besides stairway to heaven, whilst every one whos been to a sportig event knows of GNR.

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Nobody younger then 40 have heard or cares for lz, besides stairway to heaven, whilst every one whos been to a sportig event knows of GNR.

And nobody I know cares much for people under 40, so there you go.

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Go to any NHL game (pre Covid) and between faceoffs you'll hear blasts of Immigrant Song, Black Dog, When the Levee Breaks and more...when the refs gather to discuss a call you can count on hearing a little Communication Breakdown.

If you consider yourself a music fan do yourself a favor.

Watch Zeppelin live at The Royal Albert Hall from January 1970.

You're welcome.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Go to any NHL game (pre Covid) and between faceoffs you'll hear blasts of Immigrant Song, Black Dog, When the Levee Breaks and more...when the refs gather to discuss a call you can count on hearing a little Communication Breakdown.
If you consider yourself a music fan do yourself a favor.
Watch Zeppelin live at The Royal Albert Hall from January 1970.
You're welcome.

Must be very different compared to europe.
Here lz is a no-show.

It's mostly gnr, queen and some of the new ultra/trance like darude/sandstorm and such.

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It's mostly gnr, queen and some of the new ultra/trance like darude/sandstorm and such.

Well that kills any real desire to visit Europe, then again I never had any to begin with. Trance being popular just seals the deal.
LZ isn't big in Great Britain? I think u mean in the Scandinavian countries. Weird things are happening there. Like this.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Steve Ritchie is my favorite designer and his fast flowing layouts are all my favorites. I am confident that Steve will deliver.[quoted image]

Including the fast drains on Star Wars?

#387 3 years ago

You guys don’t think stern has had the inside scoop on exactly what JJP was up to with GnR for months/years? Whatever music pin stern releases next is 100% going to be made knowing what they need to do to compete with GnR.

#388 3 years ago

I wondered how many bands GNR has influenced, so I did a quick search,,, here are 3

Avenged Sevenfold
The Strokes
Fall Out Boy

And then I thought, well, I should be fair...
https://ledzeppelinproject.wordpress.com/musical-influence/

Ok, so that's my history lesson for the day. Does that mean anything in regards to pinball? Nope

Anybody here a Greta van Fleet listener? They are old school in my book. Not bad for a bunch of young kids.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I wondered how many bands GNR has influenced, so I did a quick search,,, here are 3
Avenged Sevenfold
The Strokes
Fall Out Boy
And then I thought, well, I should be fair...
https://ledzeppelinproject.wordpress.com/musical-influence/
Ok, so that's my history lesson for the day. Does that mean anything in regards to pinball? Nope
Anybody here a Greta van Fleet listener? They are old school in my book. Not bad for a bunch of young kids.

Greta Van Fleet very reminiscent of LZ and I dig their sound. Really the only new rock group I can actually say I like.

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You guys don’t think stern has had the inside scoop on exactly what JJP was up to with GnR for months/years?

No.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Whatever music pin stern releases next is 100% going to be made knowing what they need to do to compete with GnR.

I don't think so, the 2 companies make very different style games and Stern is selling 3 or so pins to every JJP release so what do they care.

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Whatever music pin stern releases next is 100% going to be made knowing what they need to do to compete with GnR.

Yeah make it play well & there you go

#392 3 years ago

Is the next Stern pin for sure LZ?

#393 3 years ago

Thinking JBL for mids(if not from factory) and Polk Sub will be the first must have mods

#394 3 years ago

-Stairway to Heaven mode-you need to keep the ball from draining for over ten minutes to end of song. If you try and cradle the song pauses.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Stairway to Heaven mode-you need to keep the ball from draining for over ten minutes to end of song. If you try and cradle the song pauses.

What a brilliant idea,where did you get that?

#396 3 years ago

Need me some more cowbell

#397 3 years ago

I've said it in previous threads, but Stairway should be the final Wizard mode, that way it is not heard constantly. Unfortunately that would rule me out from ever hearing it, but what else is new haha. Lot of great pins these day. I'm holding out for LZ as far as my NIB purchases go.

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've said it in previous threads, but Stairway should be the final Wizard mode, that way it is not heard constantly. Unfortunately that would rule me out from ever hearing it, but what else is new haha. Lot of great pins these day. I'm holding out for LZ as far as my NIB purchases go.

Stairway shouldn't be on the pin. It's 7:55 long and just doesn't jive w/pinball IMO.

Encore or final wizard mode can be a live version of Whole Lotta Love. Make it like AC/DC Encore (just achievable once in a while)

#399 3 years ago

I kind of hope LZ doesn't happen Stern will just fuck it up.

They'll be cartoon characters with Whole Lotta Love, Stairway, and Kashmir... as the three main title tracks...

GnR kind of set the bar now... using real footage from concerts etc.

#400 3 years ago

Stairway shouldn't be on the pin. It's 7:55 long and just doesn't jive w/pinball IMO.

They can drop the needle anywhere in the song. Pick the most rockin 4 minute stretch and go with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
8,400 (OBO)
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/8?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.