8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 42.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Folks who cant name any Led Zeppelin songs must have never used a radio before.

My kids have no idea what a radio is or does. They have never tuned into a station. I grew up listening to the Chiefs broadcast, but they refuse to listen to a game.

#302 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin is a great band but stern will put a blimp ball lock and a stairway to heaven ramp and not come close to getting the art right.On bands sterns art suffers they better put 1 light on it because 600 will make you see how bad they will do it But hopefully I’m wrong I want to have it if done right

#303 3 years ago

Boy do I hope they leave this song out of it, I know its basically impossible but I can't stand it. I'll take the Lemon Song or Travelling Riverside Blues over that all day every day.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

hopefully I’m wrong

Well ur in luck cause ur already very wrong.
Sterns band pins suffer from bad art?
and if they put 600 lights in Zeppelin I'm not buying one.
Good day to u sir.
I said good day.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

it wouldn't be surprising for the younger generation to feign ignorance of Led Zeppelin.

Very easy for a young person to have not heard any Zep. Radio is dead. Kids do not accidentally listen to music today. They are not held hostage by a radio playlist like we were. Kids specifically listen to music they want to hear or at least a genre playlist, ala spotify, etc.

You know what Zeppelin song they know? Immigrant Song. Know why? It is Thor’s fighting music.

Have you heard of “reaction videos”? It’s a legit thing, videoing someone’s reaction to hearing a song or band for the first time.

Kids are not feigning ignorance of your favorite band. They legit haven’t heard their songs and also don’t give a shit about oldies music.

#306 3 years ago

There's just not enough swearing in old rock bands to make them enjoyable...

I don't understand this "not pinball music" angle. For starters, I think clips of songs would work better in many instances. Secondly, I'd venture a guess any Zeppelin fan appreciates the obscure songs as well or more so than the typical on air playlist.

That said, let's just hope it's a good game.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Kids do not accidentally listen to music today

U right they just accidentally listen to shit music today. Its sad.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

any Zeppelin fan appreciates the obscure songs as well or more so than the typical on air playlist.

Correct.
This applies for me to most bands I like.

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

U right they just accidentally listen to shit music today. Its sad.

That's what your parents said about the music you listened to growing up.

Don't be that guy.

#310 3 years ago

Fuck this bands, i want a Black Sabbath pinball!

Just kidding, i love Led Zep.

#311 3 years ago

Led Zep is a three tier game.

So, by default, if the Queen game is true, it's most likely the Quicksilver layout?

Shame, would have liked a three tier Queen!

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Led Zep is a three tier game.
So, by default, if the Queen game is true, it's most likely the Quicksilver layout?
Shame, would have liked a three tier Queen!

I’m hoping both LZ and Queen happen and I don’t mind one being a three tier and the other a classic remake. I like variety of the styles.

If Queen ever happens it better not be tied to the recent movie.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well ur in luck cause ur already very wrong.
Sterns band pins suffer from bad art?
and if they put 600 lights in Zeppelin I'm not buying one.
Good day to u sir.
I said good day.

Good day to you and yeah they do they only put out 1 out of 3 that people like on average at least with gnr it’s a hard decision on which art package you like Metallica AC/DC Iron Maiden I only wanted one and it wasn’t a struggle

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That's what your parents said about the music you listened to growing up.

Don't be that guy.

Not really. The bands I listened to at least had "Band members" and played instruments. I could appreciate my parents music, and I even enjoyed listening to my grandparents music. Still do, very easy for me to go from Slayer to Big Band.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not really. The bands I listened to at least had "Band members" and played instruments. I could appreciate my parents music, and I even enjoyed listening to my grandparents music. Still do, very easy for me to go from Slayer to Big Band.

Ok, so don't shit on what another generation listens to? That's old man complaining.

#316 3 years ago

stern is gonna stay right on schedule. it is what it is. people will still line up to buy LZ. i am still gonna get my rick and morty. just cause JJP GNR came out doesnt mean things are gonna change overnight. heck i still had a blast playing and tweaking my fire! yesterday. its all fun.

#317 3 years ago
3feeb6c6dd76ff82639356c5a0bdfddf (resized).jpg3feeb6c6dd76ff82639356c5a0bdfddf (resized).jpg
#318 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ok, so don't shit on what another generation listens to? That's old man complaining.

Unfortunately the stuff that this generation is listening to is, for the most part, utter crap. I'm a music teacher and have devoted my whole life to music. I've got a pretty good idea of what, musically, isn't up to snuff.

That being said, there is some AMAZING stuff being done today and most of it can be found on Alt Nation on Sirius XM. That stuff sounds like actual rock music, and why it's suddenly referred to as "alternative," I have no idea.

Bands like AJR and others are intelligent, innovative, and doing things nobody has tried before without sacrificing quality or stooping to lyrics that are simply designed to shock people.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...I'm a music teacher and have devoted my whole life to music. I've got a pretty good idea of what, musically, isn't up to snuff....

Oh brother, that would make you the last person to listen to.

#320 3 years ago

Stern has figured out how to get every dollar out of an LE now. With rare exception, a Stern LE can be had for cost or a little less a year or two after release. I love LZ and I love SR, but I gotta play it first.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I wouldn't if it had any actual skill and talent behind it. Its garbage. Garbage music from what is easily the most lame generation yet.
Old man complaining is over, most mid 40 and 50 guys know as much about computers and smart phones and video games in fact more than there younger counterparts. What's the difference? we don't stare at our phones even when hangin out with our buddies, we don't think Drake is a musician the list is long and I don't care about enough to continue. Worst music in human history has to be right now. Try to deny it, go ahead.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I wouldn't if it had any actual skill and talent behind it. Its garbage. Garbage music from what is easily the most lame generation yet.

What's true is true...

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Upper playfield like that of Elvis?

love that layout, such a great game. would make a killer zep layout 17 yrs later.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Worst music in human history has to be right now. Try to deny it, go ahead.

Complaining about what music people listen to, or arguing an opinion about what music I like vs what music anyone else enjoys, is WAY down at the bottom of my list of things to complain or debate about.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh brother, that would make you the last person to listen to.

Most music teachers don't know what the hell they're talking about...I agree. I'm not like most music teachers.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

we don't think Drake is a musician

He's not.

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Worst music in human history has to be right now. Try to deny it, go ahead.

You're not wrong, that's for sure.

Migos, anyone?

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Unfortunately the stuff that this generation is listening to is, for the most part, utter crap. I'm a music teacher and have devoted my whole life to music. I've got a pretty good idea of what, musically, isn't up to snuff.
That being said, there is some AMAZING stuff being done today and most of it can be found on Alt Nation on Sirius XM. That stuff sounds like actual rock music, and why it's suddenly referred to as "alternative," I have no idea.
Bands like AJR and others are intelligent, innovative, and doing things nobody has tried before without sacrificing quality or stooping to lyrics that are simply designed to shock people.

So Boob, what other bands do you like from Alt Nation? Do you have 2 or 3 to recommend? I would like to find some good newer bands that play rock like in the past and I no longer subscribe to XM.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Complaining about what music people listen to, or arguing an opinion about what music I like vs what music anyone else enjoys, is WAY down at the bottom of my list of things to complain or debate about.

It can't be that low otherwise u would have responded at all, u seemed to take a pretty good stance on how I or people in general shouldn't "old guy complain" about the terrible music of today. I love to debate about shit I don't care about, in fact I'm doing it right now. By the way this is a site where middle aged men debate and complain about what kind of very expensive toy they prefer, is that high on ur list?

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It can't be that low otherwise u would have responded at all, u seemed to take a pretty good stance on how I or people in general shouldn't "old guy complain" about the terrible music of today. I love to debate about shit I don't care about, in fact I'm doing it right now. By the way this is a site where middle aged men debate and complain about what kind of very expensive toy they prefer, is that high on ur list?

Lighten up old man.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

So Boob, what other bands do you like from Alt Nation? Do you have 2 or 3 to recommend? I would like to find some good newer bands that play rock like in the past and I no longer subscribe to XM.

I discovered American Authors on that station. I also heard Ashe sing "The Moral of the Story" on that station...a great song and funny as hell (like many AJR songs...listen to "Bang" or "100 Bad Days" by them if you haven't heard it...the only band to ever announce a metronome in a song and use it as an instrument!). Many others that I've heard on there that have made me perk up my ears and shake my head in wonder. Inventive, thoughtful songwriting that clearly shows talent both musically and lyrically. So many performers and nearly every one sounds completely different and has their own style. It's the closest thing to the music of the 70s and 80s, where you knew what band it was when you heard it. (I have to exclude Billie Eilish from my list, although she's on that station, too. "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" Just put on a Billie Eilish CD and you'll find out. Wow...what a snoozer!)

#332 3 years ago

Back on topic, as someone who is all in on a Zep game (and has struggled with previous Ritchie games like GOT and SW as well as STh and JP), would it be too much to ask for Stern to release a game that doesn't need endless tweaking and doesn't have to be levelled within a rat's ass hair in order to work properly?

#333 3 years ago

Is their any inside information on when Stern next cornerstone title is going to be announced?

#334 3 years ago

Isn’t the virtual expo event later this week with interviews, factory tours etc...

Any chance some of some pinball news this week from any of the mfg’s?

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Isn’t the virtual expo event later this week with interviews, factory tours etc...
Any chance some of some pinball news this week from any of the mfg’s?

I don’t think so. JJP just announced and Stern schedule is December. AP just released Hot Wheels, but that was a few months ago and there is a rumor they have another game ready.....Maybe deeproot will actually show RAZA gameplay and have more details.

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Is their any inside information on when Stern next cornerstone title is going to be announced?

Swinks made a great thread years ago with Stern release details. Gary wants at least three cornerstones a year, so my guess is a December release date?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history

Wow, looking back Stern had a great year in 2019-#killing it.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don’t think so. JJP just announced and Stern schedule is December. AP just released Hot Wheels, but that was a few months ago and there is a rumor they have another game ready.....Maybe deeproot will actually show RAZA gameplay and have more details.

Prior to all the COVID stuff LZ was rumored as a OCT/NOV game and that was coming from the usual people in the know back in Jan/Feb.

Now, I’ve heard Sterns production is slightly behind but have heard they are back on track as well.

I’m hoping for something prior to December, otherwise I may say f’ it and buy a GNR.

#338 3 years ago

Waiting to see some GNR SE game play videos and impressions. Won’t fork over near $10k shipped for a LE. Will wait to see what Stern offers on a Zep pin before making another NIB purchase. Kids want TMNT and to be honest I enjoyed it also.

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Waiting to see some GNR SE game play videos and impressions. Won’t fork over near $10k shipped for a LE. Will wait to see what Stern offers on a Zep pin before making another NIB purchase.

100%. GnR LE looks great (art, lights etc..) but the game is heavily geared towards casual players with 26+ multi ball modes. I was watching one video and they guy was just playing doing normal stuff and all the sudden a multi ball was engaged (was for lights, noise or crank it up or something) there was not really any buildup just bam here is another ball in play.

I'm not saying GnR is bad because it looks great and is a huge seller for JJP so it was a success but to me it looks more geared towards casual players rather than experienced owners.

I still want the GnR but $9800 is a ton of money and the price of a SE is less than a Stern premium and I think the SE will flow better, I really don't love most upper PFs.

Hoping that I can play GnR LE or SE soon to determine but right now hard call for almost $10K.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Prior to all the COVID stuff LZ was rumored as a OCT/NOV game and that was coming from the usual people in the know back in Jan/Feb.
Now, I’ve heard Sterns production is slightly behind but have heard they are back on track as well.
I’m hoping for something prior to December, otherwise I may say f’ it and buy a GNR.

As someone who has owned all of Stern LE music games all I can say is I hope they step up their game....GNR set the bar pretty high

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

As someone who has owned all of Stern LE music games all I can say is I hope they step up their game....GNR set the bar pretty high

I agree they do need to step it up with some innovation but by no means do they need to out do what JJP did. If your thinking that your setting yourself up for disappointment.

LZ machine in my book has the edge with available music catalogue, question is what is Stern gonna use and implement into a rockin game?

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree they do need to step it up with some innovation but by no means do they need to out do what JJP did. If your thinking that your setting yourself up for disappointment.
LZ machine in my book has the edge with available music catalogue, question is what is Stern gonna use and implement into a rockin game?

Trust me I know that....LZ is in the same boat as GNR....both have some great music, but I don't care for all their stuff....I jus hope they actually license more than 10 songs

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Trust me I know that....LZ is in the same boat as GNR....both have some great music, but I don't care for all their stuff....I jus hope they actually license more than 10 songs

11 songs is my guess

#344 3 years ago

Needs to be 12-15 songs.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

According to some podcasters if you order a GNR soon it may not ship until December or January. That could end up being when LZ is ready to ship.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

11 songs is my guess

If there the right songs that's enough. Trouble is Stern will have to include the top ten pop list of Zeppelin songs.

Quoted from PtownPin:

As someone who has owned all of Stern LE music games all I can say is I hope they step up their game

Why? AC/DC Luci, Metallica Monster and Maiden Pre were all pretty god damn great. I hope they don't change anything.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If there the right songs that's enough. Trouble is Stern will have to include the top ten pop list of Zeppelin songs.

Why? AC/DC Luci, Metallica Monster and Maiden Pre were all pretty god damn great. I hope they don't change anything.

I am holding out hope Stern will use their patent allowing the user to select the songs they want to put in the game. That way Stern will not have a problem leaving out certain songs:
https://patents.justia.com/patent/10463950

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am holding out hope Stern will use their patent allowing the user to select the songs they want to put in the game. That way Stern will not have a problem leaving out certain songs:
https://patents.justia.com/patent/10463950

I know there's pinbrowser but I really wish it was easier to put in ur own music into all these games, not just Band pins. I really loved my Slayer edition of TWD.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

According to some podcasters if you order a GNR soon it may not ship until December or January. That could end up being when LZ is ready to ship.

I’m expecting Stern to be shipping these before xmas.

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I know there's pinbrowser but I really wish it was easier to put in ur own music into all these games, not just Band pins. I really loved my Slayer edition of TWD.

Yeah. Stern must have had some specific game/title in mind for this patented user installing music concept. Stern does not seem to patent stuff unless it is something they actually use in their products.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/7?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.