8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 42.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Well that is disappointing, oh well.

Only if it wasn't going to be that crazy pricing structure.

#252 3 years ago

I say buy both!!!!!
I grew up listening to Led Zeppelin with my wife and buddies and I’m sure it’s the same for gnr fans. It’s all very subjective.
This is an amazing time to be in this hobby.
I love to see the pinball companies compete against one another for our money because ultimately it makes them better at their individual craft and giving us kick ass machines.
Now we just need a vaccine so we can get together and party more!

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Instead we get Aerosmith with shitty animations. Oh....Metallica has a HUGE catalog of songs. Why are we just limited to a few? CHEAP that is why.

Hey now, you’re talking about 2 of my favorite pins. I happen to LOVE the graphics on Aerosmith. And it’s easy to change the songs out on MET if you want to - they aren’t on the inserts like with Aerosmith. In terms of cost, MET + AS = GNR LE. While I freakin’ love the new GNRLE (just played it today), I wouldn’t trade AS and MET for one.

#254 3 years ago

I have high hopes for LZ, but I’m afraid I have to agree about the LZ album artwork - its nowhere near as good as GNR. But there are 4-5 iconic LZ images, and I could see them being used together in cool ways.

#255 3 years ago

I can’t see Led standing a chance against GnR at this point. Both are mega favourite bands,
But JJP set the bar high.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I can’t see Led standing a chance against GnR at this point.

Wow.
R u really that confused when it comes to music. GnR is no where close to the same popularity as Led Zeppelin. Now GnR may outsell it but Zeppelin and Stern do not need to out sell anything.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow.
R u really that confused when it comes to music. GnR is no where close to the same popularity as Led Zeppelin. Now GnR may outsell it but Zeppelin and Stern do not need to out sell anything.

I know of not one led zeppelin song. Zero. Before my time I guess.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I think you are in the norm. If you stopped 100 people on the street and ask them to name 3 zep songs and 3 GNR songs I think GNR wins by landslide. I still have some zep albums to this day and they where cool and all but GNR rocks.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What?
they were before my time as well but it was impossible to avoid not sure how u managed that unless of course u one of those techno/dance type fellas. Ur very lucky cause that's means u get to discover them.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

If you stopped 100 people on the street and ask them to name 3 zep songs and 3 GNR songs I think GNR wins by landslide.

I'm I in the Twilight zone here?
Most GnR fans probably enjoy Zeppelin. If u a big GnR fan and never heard of Zeppelin then I am in the Twilight Zone.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Most GnR fans probably enjoy Zeppelin. If u a big GnR fan and never heard of Zeppelin then I am in the Twilight Zone.

Yeah no shit, pretty comical. It would be like saying you never heard of the Beatles, the Stones and I’ll even say it, never heard of GNR.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I did not say people have not heard of zep, but it was about naming songs of each band. The other guys comment was about not being able to name one song and I think he is probably in the norm. Could also be a generational issues, 70's vs 80's

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I did not say people have not heard of zep, but it was about naming songs of each band.

Yeah but its the same thing. 3 songs? come on
Jesus I can name 3 Cardi B songs......................wait no I can't. I don't even know one.

#264 3 years ago

If Stern puts 600 LEDs in LZ, does that automatically make it a good game?

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hey now, you’re talking about 2 of my favorite pins. I happen to LOVE the graphics on Aerosmith. And it’s easy to change the songs out on MET if you want to - they aren’t on the inserts like with Aerosmith. In terms of cost, MET + AS = GNR LE. While I freakin’ love the new GNRLE (just played it today), I wouldn’t trade AS and MET for one.

For us in the hobby that know of Pinball browser yes we can change songs. But that is work and the average person is not gonna mess with all that. The point is if you make a music pin quit making all the songs mode based and add a larger catalog of songs. Aerosmith is a fun pin. But the animations on the pin just don’t pop for me. I get the display at the time was new for Stern so they were figuring things out and are getting better with it.

And agree you can almost get the premium of MET + AS for the Cost of GnR CE. Can get the pros for just a little more than cost of the LE.

But Stern will do their thing with LZ. They will sell plenty of them as it’s a theme many people have wanted for years. Can’t wait to see it.

#266 3 years ago

Beatles, Stones and AC/DC are three of the six most popular rock bands ever. That leaves Led Zeppelin, Queen and Pink Floyd yet to go!

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

If Stern puts 600 LEDs in LZ, does that automatically make it a good game?

For some people, and apparently its very innovative.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Beatles, Stones and AC/DC are three of the six most popular rock bands ever. That leaves Led Zeppelin, Queen and Pink Floyd yet to go!

They didn't really do The Beatles justice, though...let's be honest. They deserve a full fledged new game.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They didn't really do The Beatles justice, though...let's be honest. They deserve a full fledged new game.

I agree. The Beatles as a brand is strong enough to have a stand alone game and not a re-theme.

Don’t know if that was an experiment by Stern to do a re-theme or if it came down to licensing/assets they could get. Perhaps the licensing was restrictive and a re-theme was the best or most cost effective option. Didn’t matter to Stern as they priced it to collectors and sold them all I am sure.

And it may have been an experiment. Remember a while back Stern alluded to they could vault ANY game...a lot of people started posting they would buy new classic Sterns if priced right. Maybe it was a chance to test the market on that possibility.

#270 3 years ago

I ithink GnR sucks!

#271 3 years ago

I think mode based by album seems reasonable. Include the entire catalog. Plenty of sound clips, etc. I'm almost thinking like Time Machine like.

Have the ability to temporarily remove songs you don't care for.

As to GNR vs LZ pinball,,, we'll have to wait and see. Music wise? I like both but LZ has the Blues background I can really appreciate (albeit stolen in some cases they really laid down some nasty tracks and renewed a classic sound).

Much like ranking drummers/guitarist/etc is useless,we must accept each band as their own. Certain things appeal to some and not others.

No artwork for LZ? Album wise perhaps, but I wouldn't let that deter me from original artwork if it works well.

Toys/considerations:
Stairway
Blimp
Gong
Swan Song
Symbols

GNR lightshow seems top notch, and I hope the game is great, but that alone won't hold people for long, so let's hope it's fun too.

Stern I'm certain isn't worried about which machine will be better, only that theirs sells well. I believe they have learned from The Beatles fiasco.

#272 3 years ago

I love Zeppelin!!! My buddies and me grew up with their music.we cried when Bonham died and whey buddy Billy’s girlfriend died we played Over the hills and far away in my 70 Chevy van on the way to the funeral.But getting back on track I can’t wrap my mind around Led Zep pinball?

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Instead we get Aerosmith with shitty animations. Aerosmith is a fun pin. But the animations on the pin just don’t pop for me. I get the display at the time was new for Stern so they were figuring things out and are getting better with it.

Yeah. I fixed that on my Aerosmith. Full fuckin' video assets now, no cartoons!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mXnQKut3rndnZB5t6

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but its the same thing. 3 songs? come on
Jesus I can name 3 Cardi B songs......................wait no I can't. I don't even know one.

I could name one, WAP and it makes me want to barf...

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I could name one, WAP and it makes me want to barf...

The fact that song become a hit is very sad. I like HipHop it has its place but it should never be the most popular form of music. That WAP song sucks.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah. I fixed that on my Aerosmith. Full fuckin' video assets now, no cartoons!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mXnQKut3rndnZB5t6

Nice job!!! Looks great. No reason Stern should not have had real band video to begin with.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

No reason Stern should not have had real band video to begin with.

It can go both ways. The fact there was no video/pics of the band helped me a ton in buying IMDN & Met. If you're not a fan of the band, you might not wantto see the band; and more than that it's just lazy.
I listen to Aerosmith on the radio for a long time, they have some good music. I don;t need to see Tyler and his scarves dancing around.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The fact that song become a hit is very sad. I like HipHop it has its place but it should never be the most popular form of music. That WAP song sucks.

100%
Saw the video on late night and it was just gross.

Back to GnR. I hope Stern releases Zep soon so I can make a decision. Planning to get one of the two. I kinda prefer the less hyped option.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It can go both ways. The fact there was no video/pics of the band helped me a ton in buying IMDN & Met. If you're not a fan of the band, you might not wantto see the band; and more than that it's just lazy.
I listen to Aerosmith on the radio for a long time, they have some good music. I don;t need to see Tyler and his scarves dancing around.

You have a good point too. There are some things you just don’t want to see. I don’t need to see full videos. But a few clips. Interesting fan shots, guitar solos, just neat clips that fit. Could be tough because some bands are not great live/visually.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

You have a good point too.

Yeah I totally get the otehr side when you love the band you're wondering "why the hell are they not showing me Aerosmith in an Aerosmith machine?!"

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I love Zeppelin!!! My buddies and me grew up with their music.we cried when Bonham died and whey buddy Billy’s girlfriend died we played Over the hills and far away in my 70 Chevy van on the way to the funeral.But getting back on track I can’t wrap my mind around Led Zep pinball?

Wrap it brother - it can be EPIC. Live concert footage with matching live music on the lcd, I'd say put another lcd of live btw/ the flippers, matched crowd noise to game play w/ lift as you get ta killin it, f'n lights, a fish, increase the volume as you kick ass thru, shake it - turn on, tune in, & drop out

#282 3 years ago

The fish LOL! the glory days of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. LZ does have a ton of things that could be in this pin. Though the albums don’t have the best artwork but we all recognize them and they are pretty iconic for the band. Can’t wait to see what direction they go with the art package.

#283 3 years ago

Folks who cant name any Led Zeppelin songs must have never used a radio before.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I would take Beatles, Stones, & AC/DC over Led Zep,Queen and PF any day.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Both games will be a hit that’s for sure. I am a bigger GNR fan at my age, sure not my top 5 favorite but always enjoyed them. I really never liked more than a handful of songs by Led Zep and always thought they did not last long enough for me and Led Zep lV album my favorite. I will take Black Sabbath over Led Zep.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Wrap it brother - it can be EPIC. Live concert footage with matching live music on the lcd, I'd say put another lcd of live btw/ the flippers, matched crowd noise to game play w/ lift as you get ta killin it, f'n lights, a fish, increase the volume as you kick ass thru, shake it - turn on, tune in, & drop out

I don’t know why but that reminded me of the night me and a girl were supposed to go see The Wiz movie with Michael Jackson.I made a fake phone call and informed her the movie was sold out (liar)I took her to see The Song Remains the same
We’re fell in love and I married her!

#287 3 years ago

I played g n r le, honest opinion, its just ok. Long ball times, way to easy to get extra balls, slings and shooter rod too soft. Plays 'light' like other jjp games. Not sure concert video adds anything. I think led zeppelin could be better.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I played g n r le, honest opinion, its just ok. Long ball times, way to easy to get extra balls, slings and shooter rod too soft. Plays 'light' like other jjp games. Not sure concert video adds anything. I think led zeppelin could be better.

What a shock!

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Not having played GnR but watched videos where people were walking away didn’t know the ball was saved one guy did it like 3 times on one game.

I’ll say tho things like ball save timer and extra ball and add a ball can be adjusted in menu.

I’m thinking about getting a SE without the upper PF the ball shouldn’t stop as often and may flow better and faster. Imo.

#290 3 years ago

I don’t know why but that reminded me of the night me and a girl were supposed to go see The Wiz movie with Michael Jackson.I made a fake phone call and informed her the movie was sold out (liar)I took her to see The Song Remains the same
We’re fell in love and I married her!</blockquote Ha . Dude... ha, my kinda guy. F'n stron sumB. Make it happen. I'd buy your beer all night long and never tell a soul incl you as to why after hearin that.

#291 3 years ago

Typically Stern does what a pin every 90-120 days for a new release ? If that's the case wouldn't the next presumably Led Zeppelin pin be due right around the holidays the same thing they did last year with Stranger Things.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I will take Black Sabbath over Led Zep.

I most likely won't even take Zeppelin, I like many of there songs but not a huge fan. Sabbath? oh yeah

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I am a bigger GNR fan at my age

Trying to figure this one out as ur age should have nothing to do with it. Listen I saw GnR on the U ur Illusion tour, 18yrs old and flying high, it was easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to but their music didn't really stand the test of time for me.

#293 3 years ago

what a shock!

#294 3 years ago

Considering the last time Led Zeppelin performed live was 1980, and GnR has been touring 35 of the 40 years since, it wouldn't be surprising for the younger generation to feign ignorance of Led Zeppelin.. but they've heard the songs. And LZ is a MAJOR influence for GnR, both bluesy rock bands.

My concern with the LZ pin is going to be the song choice since many of the songs are not perfect for pinball. I'm certain a very talented game designer can fit the songs to the modes and make something truly amazing, but I'm not holding my breath. I had this concern for the Metallica pin as well... I would rather they not do it than screw it up. Fortunately they knocked it out of the park. Here's to hoping!

#295 3 years ago

I'm thinking about re-skinning the songs in my MET and AS for a just a few months to get psyched up for LZ. All of these songs need to be in LZ:

Rock and Roll
Whole Lotta Love
Ramble On
Heartbreaker
Achilles Last Stand
The Song Remains the Same
Four Sticks
Communication Breakdown
Trampled Under Foot ("talking bout love")
Livin' Lovin' Maid
Good Times Bad Times
Kashmir
Your Time is Gonna Come
Black Dog
Black Mountain Side (great music for attract / end of game!)
Over the Hills and Faraway (starting around 1:30)

Anyone here over 55 should recognize all of these songs.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm thinking about re-skinning the songs in my MET and AS for a just a few months to get psyched up for LZ. All of these songs need to be in LZ:
Rock and Roll
Whole Lotta Love
Ramble On
Heartbreaker
Achilles Last Stand
The Song Remains the Same
Four Sticks
Communication Breakdown
Trampled Under Foot ("talking bout love")
Livin' Lovin' Maid
Good Times Bad Times
Kashmir
Your Time is Gonna Come
Black Dog
Black Mountain Side (great music for attract / end of game!)
Anyone here over 55 should recognize all of these songs.

Uh...Stairway?

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The acoustic intro to Over the hills is one of my all time favorites! That would be an attract mode for me!

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Uh...Stairway?

I'd say no, for the same reason "Dream On" isn't in Aerosmith - not a good pace for pinball. Perfect for attract / high score though.

#299 3 years ago

IMMIGRANT SONG instant buy

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
they were before my time as well but it was impossible to avoid not sure how u managed that unless of course u one of those techno/dance type fellas. Ur very lucky cause that's means u get to discover them.

Best band ever!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/6?hl=steve_d71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.