8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 42.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Is it just me, or does anyone else not want any WiFi or Bluetooth capabilities in their pinball machines? Let's keep them pinball machines.

I will take the wifi updates....I think it s a pain in the ass to update jjp games

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I will take the wifi updates....I think it s a pain in the ass to update jjp games

True, for code updates it would be a good thing. But, in one of the GnR videos I saw, there was a picture of the player on the LCD. I just don't need that. If I ever get a text from someone, and it shows up on my pinball screen, I'm dumping that game the next day...

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Led Zeppelin is a much less main stream band than GnR.

After learning that Zeppelin slept with 14yr olds it does feel weird listening to them. I am sure they aren’t the only band that did.

#204 3 years ago

What got me into pinball was the cool mech's and the marvel of em, like in Medieval madness..(need I say more?) Metallica's hammer magnet, drop target to magnet, sparky, snake spit.. ACDC's bell, hell playfield, gun.. Gnr has a cool pop bumper symbol.. Amazing looking game and design, light show.. but that's about it. I'm looking forward to seeing what stern does with Led, even tho the game is a cheaper quality..( my biggest issue) But Cool mech's rock! Can't get enough of em.

#205 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin sold more than 300 million albums worldwide. As far as bands are concerned Led Zeppelin is one of the best ever. Guns and Rosses is a joke compared to Led Zeppelin. I just hope that the pinball is as good as the band, but that's tuff to pull off. JJP Guns and Rosses looks awesome. G&R only sold 50 million albums. Stern will sell out Led Zeppelin LE just as fast.

#206 3 years ago

The straightest shooter of them all The brilliant Frank Zappa

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Is it just me, or does anyone else not want any WiFi or Bluetooth capabilities in their pinball machines? Let's keep them pinball machines.

Doesn't bother me, but I don't really care or want to pay for it. Using a memory stick a few times a year isn;t that hard for me.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

After learning that Zeppelin slept with 14yr olds it does feel weird listening to them. I am sure they aren’t the only band that did.

Best not to compare these two bands by moral code.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

True, for code updates it would be a good thing. But, in one of the GnR videos I saw, there was a picture of the player on the LCD. I just don't need that. If I ever get a text from someone, and it shows up on my pinball screen, I'm dumping that game the next day...

Just turn the camera off when you play. They give you an option to play without it.

#210 3 years ago

I think bluetooth would be great, put on some nice head phones, and crank as loud as you want

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think bluetooth would be great, put on some nice head phones, and crank as loud as you want

Yeah that would be a benefit

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

.I guess you could still work in some lighting and some 3D models.Also better throw in Bluetooth Wifi capabilities

I really hope they do none of that. Except bluetooth for headphones I guess but personally I'll never play headphones.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Led Zeppelin is a much less main stream band than GnR.

What

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Guns and Rosses is a joke compared to Led Zeppelin

Exactly. I'm sure GnR band members would say the same thing.

#214 3 years ago

Slash and axle names are Ross?

#215 3 years ago

I would be scared of getting sick of Led Zepp music knowing it would get played a thousand times.
I really like GnR but watching the video of gameplay left me wondering, are there alternative electronic pinball sounds available through the mpu?
Don't get me wrong, like most of the songs but just couldn't stand hearing them over and over while learning the machine.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I would be scared of getting sick of Led Zepp music knowing it would get played a thousand times.
I really like GnR but watching the video of gameplay left me wondering, are there alternative electronic pinball sounds available through the mpu?
Don't get me wrong, like most of the songs but just couldn't stand hearing them over and over while learning the machine.

There's a new feature on jjp called volume control. Pretty cool how it works

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Some ideas. Would love to see a stage at the back of the pin, ramps leading up to it, that's an elevated interactive playfield. Maybe hit band members. Mosh Pit multiball. Big Top hat somewhere. Love to see a Gibson guitar toy incorporated into the playfield. Slash's custom amps as a toy, maybe the amps release balls. There will probably be a record spinning on the play field like POTC. Hope they push the boundries.

Henceforth you shall be known as Nostradamus.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

There's a new feature on jjp called volume control. Pretty cool how it works

I get that smart ass, but are there alternatives? 80's Bally had 6 options on sound, I am not familiar with new machines.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I get that smart ass, but are there alternatives? 80's Bally had 6 options on sound, I am not familiar with new machines.

Haha, just poking fun at ya. Geez everyone is so touchy these days.

#220 3 years ago

The light show on Kiss is amazaing! The light show on GnR is over the top and almost too much but it is KILLER!!! Song list is pretty good. Need to flip it before I can comment on gameplay.

As far as the LZ pin from Stern:
I predict in the words of Keith Moon this game is gonna go down like a Lead Zeppelin. Stern is cheap and does not have what it takes to top JJP. First music pin from JJP and it has over 20 songs. Stern has 12 or so at best in their music pins. Zep has a HUGE catalog of good songs. Bet you get maybe 10-15 if lucky. And there is not much in terms of art to work with for Zep when compared to other bands. It’s pretty bland. But it’s a grail theme for a lot of people so it will sell but my bar is set pretty low on what the game will be. Can’t wait to see it to really compare but the bar has been raised I believe. Stern has to do something above these cookie cutter games they crank out to top GnR.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Stern is cheap and does not have what it takes to top JJP. First music pin from JJP

Wow is that ever ridiculous.
Why do they have to top JJP?

Quoted from Pickle:

Stern has to do something above these cookie cutter games they crank out to top GnR.

Horseshit. There's a big difference between Maiden, DP, TMNT and AIQ so where r u getting the cookie cutter crap.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Best not to compare these two bands by moral code.

You’re right.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The light show on Kiss is amazaing! The light show on GnR is over the top and almost too much but it is KILLER!!! Song list is pretty good. Need to flip it before I can comment on gameplay.
As far as the LZ pin from Stern:
I predict in the words of Keith Moon this game is gonna go down like a Lead Zeppelin. Stern is cheap and does not have what it takes to top JJP. First music pin from JJP and it has over 20 songs. Stern has 12 or so at best in their music pins. Zep has a HUGE catalog of good songs. Bet you get maybe 10-15 if lucky. And there is not much in terms of art to work with for Zep when compared to other bands. It’s pretty bland. But it’s a grail theme for a lot of people so it will sell but my bar is set pretty low on what the game will be. Can’t wait to see it to really compare but the bar has been raised I believe. Stern has to do something above these cookie cutter games they crank out to top GnR.

No art to work to work with? Are you serious? Bands heydays in 60s and 70, some of the best psychedelic art ever seen. I think both pins will be good, time will tell if either are great!

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No art work to work with? Are you serious? Bands heydays in 60s and 70, some of the best psychedelic art ever seen. I think both pins will be good, time will tell if either are great!

#225 3 years ago

Stern is cheap...good example is they had a chance to do what JJP did with Kiss and completely BLEW IT!!! It’s still a great game and one of my favorites but they had the platform with Spike to make the Kiss concert experience. Should have been the first video display release they did with real concert footage. It would not make GnR seem so special right now. Instead we get Aerosmith with shitty animations. Not what what most expected I am sure. I haven’t been excited about a Stern game in a long time. I wanted to like IMDN but it just didn’t feel fun to me. I am not gonna give a rundown of my opinion of every new Stern as it’s pointless.
Oh....Metallica has a HUGE catalog of songs. Why are we just limited to a few? CHEAP that is why. The whole topper thing Stern has created is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. There is too much to list I could say Stern is cheap on. When compared to JJP there is no comparison who has more features but you pay for it. The whole point is if you put more in a game people will pay for it. JJP overall puts more in a game. Stern has on average put less in a game and raised prices.

Just because Stern makes more games than anyone else doesn’t mean they make the best games. And that’s a very subjective thing to say because it’s an opinion.

And the topic of this is LZ VS GnR and based on what I have seen Stern is gonna have to step up. Maybe the game play will be amazing and be the better game. We don’t know yet. The light show and theme integration is gonna be hard to beat but that remains to be seen.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No art to work to work with? Are you serious? Bands heydays in 60s and 70, some of the best psychedelic art ever seen. I think both pins will be good, time will tell if either are great!

But Zep didn’t really use the psychedelic art. They were pretty bland when you look at their album covers. Posters are a different story. Not to copy from a home brew but the classic black and white really Looks sharp! Do you want naked little girls with wings all over your cab and playfield? Iconic but not what most of us want all over the cab/playfield.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

good example is they had a chance to do what JJP did with Kiss and completely BLEW IT!!!

So this is ur beef, with the Stern is cheap crap. U didn't get the lightshow u wanted on ur Kiss pin.

Quoted from Pickle:

When compared to JJP there is no comparison who has more features but you pay for it. The whole point is if you put more in a game people will pay for it. JJP overall puts more in a game. Stern has on average put less in a game and raised prices.

What? wow man u are lost.
JJP puts more stuff in their games, they have to or no one would bother, there not as fun to play as Sterns so who gives a shit about the extra stuff. I really wanted to like GnR but after watching the Buffalo Stream I've lost all interest. Again just does not look fun to play to me at all.

#228 3 years ago

i think gnr is a better theme than zeppelin but after watching gameplay i wouldn't buy. looks like another snore fest to me. i just don't ever get the 'one more game' feeling with jjp games. this is just my opinion and i will admit i prefer straight up shooting style games and do not put a lot of emphasis on modes etc.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

You can dump that bad mother fucker on my porch brother!

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

So this is ur beef, with the Stern is cheap crap. U didn't get the lightshow u wanted on ur Kiss pin.

What? wow man u are lost.
JJP puts more stuff in their games, they have to or no one would bother, there not as fun to play as Sterns so who gives a shit above the extra stuff. I really wanted to like GnR but after watching the Buffalo Stream I've lost all interest. Again just does not look fun to play to me at all.

Light show on Kiss is AMAZING! It’s one of, if not my favorite pins. They missed the mark to make it a concert experience. They could have put video and other stuff but they didn’t. It could have been integrated much better than what they did.

I think sometimes JJP puts too much in their games and the first games being wide bodies play a little slow compared to standard body pins.

So how many songs do you think will be in the Zep pin? Unless Stern steps up I am sure it will be the usual 12-15. Why limit it when there is many more good songs. I still love my Metallica but it would be nice to have more songs to hear. Same with Kiss. A lot more songs could be on it.

I am just one opinion of thousands. Until we see the Zep pin who knows which plays better. GnR has a great light show. It may be too much of a light show but I need to play to know for myself. We don’t know what’s in the Zep pin. And it’s gonna feel and play different to match the music/ features they put in the game.

For perspective:
I saw the Metallica/GnR stadium tour in the 90’s. Metallica played first. They kicked Ass! GnR came on and it was very flat and all the energy was sucked out of the stadium. I left it was that bad. That’s how I feel this is gonna be.

But in comparison I saw GnR on Use Your Illusion tour. Soundgarden opened. The whole show was great GnR was amazing seeing them by themselves.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Light show on Kiss is AMAZING! It’s one of, if not my favorite pins. They missed the mark to make it a concert experience. They could have put video and other stuff but they didn’t. It could have been integrated much better than what they did.
I think sometimes JJP puts too much in their games and the first games being wide bodies play a little slow compared to standard body pins.
So how many songs do you think will be in the Zep pin? Unless Stern steps up I am sure it will be the usual 12-15. Why limit it when there is many more good songs. I still love my Metallica but it would be nice to have more songs to hear. Same with Kiss. A lot more songs could be on it.
I am just one opinion of thousands. Until we see the Zep pin who knows which plays better. GnR has a great light show. It may be too much of a light show but I need to play to know for myself. We don’t know what’s in the Zep pin. And it’s gonna feel and play different to match the music/ features they put in the game.
For perspective:
I saw the Metallica/GnR stadium tour in the 90’s. Metallica played first. They kicked Ass! GnR came on and it was very flat and all the energy was sucked out of the stadium. I left it was that bad. That’s how I feel this is gonna be.
But in comparison I saw GnR on Use Your Illusion tour. Soundgarden opened. The whole show was great GnR was amazing seeing them by themselves.

Ya we saw met and gnr too, met killed as always, gnr kinda phoned it in. Good, but far less energy than met. Im hoping zepp will have a toy ir 2, gotta be a stairway dont ya think, not seeing anything like that on gnr. Still, gonna go play it nx week and hoping its a hit

#232 3 years ago

Led Zep or nothing for me. GnR looks pretty nice though, most likely the best JJP game yet from the initial looks.

#233 3 years ago

It’s hard to deny the light show in GnR is slick. It will take some time to see how the game play is. Early opinions vary but looks to have a ton of multiball. Could be good but could have long ball times so till I play I have no idea.

Hopefully the gameplay of Zep is good. Won’t know till we see what they come up with as that is the most important thing of any game.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Haha, just poking fun at ya. Geez everyone is so touchy these days.

Sorry it came off that way.all in good fun, no worries.
I raise hay too, only 5 acres worth but good stuff.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Sorry it came off that way.all in good fun, no worries.

Its all good ya farmer! Been long year, and I am a smart ass so I wasn't offended. Personally, I love music pins and zepp is a dream theme fr me. Gnr good too,

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So by "Hay" u mean "good stuff" Gotcha

How-to-regenerate-cannabis-plants-SensiSeeds-1-3-1024x540 (resized).jpgHow-to-regenerate-cannabis-plants-SensiSeeds-1-3-1024x540 (resized).jpg

#237 3 years ago

I just hope it isn’t multiball heavy like GNR, that may hold me back from buying that one.

Watching those streams I don’t think there was more than a few minutes total of gameplay that wasn’t multiball.

If LZ gets 12-15 songs it will be plenty and for an art package I kind of dig the Mothership Album style from 07, somewhat of a modern twist to LZ. Would work well for the cab and translite.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Watching those streams I don’t think there was more than a few minutes total of gameplay that wasn’t multiball.

It did seem really multi-ball heavy and made me think it may be somewhat repetitive and start to feel like chopping wood. Collect band members-start song-shoot targets-rinse and repeat. This game seems it is weighed more towards visual and audio stimulation, but not sure about layout? The lighting is over the top with seizure inducing light shows-but how does it shoot? I almost wonder if the light show would become a nuisance after time?

For Led Zeppelin I hope Steve incorporates another cool innovative toy or feature while maintaining his king of flow game design style. If they pull out some Quicksilver reskin bs I will be pissed.

For me music pins are fun but I need the layout to be unique or have features that keep me engaged. I love my Rolling Stones LE because of the flipper controlled unique pop up lane/ flipper pop up that adds a whole dimension to gameplay-very unique and fun. I like my Tommy because of the great layout and the unique blinders. I love my Metallica because of unique Sparky and consecutive grave marker standups. I am currently looking to add Elvis back to my lineup for the unique left pass thru ramp with flipper shot to Heartbreak Hotel which is a hard unique shot. I owned AC/DC for years and it grew old for me because of the rinse and repeat feeling with nothing unique other than cannon shooting to side bank-not that fun.

Both GNR and Zeppelin will be apples and oranges in terms of gameplay and design and both should sell well for both companies. Looking forward to seeing what Steve does so we have something to compare.

#239 3 years ago

Why not play both games first then make a real decision???

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Why not play both games first then make a real decision???

Because this is just another hype thread and we like to speculate

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I just hope it isn’t multiball heavy like GNR, that may hold me back from buying that one.
If LZ gets 12-15 songs it will be plenty and for an art package I kind of dig the Mothership Album style from 07, somewhat of a modern twist to LZ. Would work well for the cab and translite.

For LZ I am hoping Stern incorporates their patent allowing the owner to insert their own music so we could pick the songs we really want from the LZ catalog.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For LZ I am hoping Stern incorporates their patent allowing the owner to insert their own music so we could pick the songs we really want from the LZ catalog.

That’s all fine as long as the songs aren’t tied to PF art and inserts. I get that people do that anyhow like with Beatles and AS but it just makes the game janky looking/feeling.

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That’s all fine as long as the songs aren’t tied to PF art and inserts. I get that people do that anyhow like with Beatles and AS but it just makes the game janky looking/feeling.

Yeah. I would prefer the objectives not be tied to the songs so it is more of an LZ experience rather than specific song modes like Aerosmith and every other recent band pin. It sucks when you can’t even add in Dream On in an Aerosmith game without it seeming out of place based on the inserts.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

One thing's for damn sure: You won't have to worry about your deposit being returned on an LZLE if you order one...

Maybe they will do like with beatles and have sucker ed. 1,2 and three?

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Im amazed that so many have big faith in Led Zeppelin
I have no clue on the US market, but here in Europe sales wont fly compared to GnR, not even close....
I would even predict that GnR crushes sales with 5-1 easy peasy
But thats just my 2 cents

The most iconic around here is stairway to heaven, which i awesome. Not sure it's a pin-song.
Unfortunately the best led pinball songs are recked by turning into acid-trips halfway thru.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Maybe they will do like with beatles and have sucker ed. 1,2 and three?

LZ is supposed to be a full-fledged game...not a reskin. That's the reason I dropped out of my Beatles order.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

LZ is supposed to be a full-fledged game...not a reskin. That's the reason I dropped out of my Beatles order.

Hmm everything I've heard was that it is a Quicksilver layout

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

They decided against that according the the pinsiders in the know. LZ is now supposed to be a 3 tier cornerstone original layout.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

MNpinball said it was not

#250 3 years ago

Well that is disappointing, oh well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/5?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.