8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 42.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I talked to my stern guy last nite, he was thinkin dec release for zeppelin. Anyone hear otherwise?

Most rumors I’ve heard was one of the next two titles but really no way to know for sure.

#152 4 years ago

Just a distributor, but been pretty accurate so far. Hope hes wrong this time tho

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just a distributor, but been pretty accurate so far. Hope hes wrong this time tho

Im hoping it’s the next one

#154 4 years ago

Me too, been a zepp fan for 40 + years

3 months later
#155 3 years ago

Crunch time

Zep V Gunners

Well they are both greats.

Not a huge Zep fan here, so GnR has the deg for me

Still would prefer Black Sabbath Pin, Way more worthy !

Anyways, I know SR and EM will make amazing games !

Kinda dont care my ex took the entire Led Zep collection

So heres Steves opener anyway

and EM's opener

We will see this year I guess

Personally I would much rather flip a pin to this
Pink Floyd, Riffs----Dream !!

#156 3 years ago

Zepp baby...way better catalogue all boils down to what tunes they put in the games. Plus it helps that there isn’t already a Zepp pin.

I like GNR but from a music standpoint in a pinball I feel like we already have what we need from them as long as you put a pinsound board in. JJP’s offering if good could really drive down the DE GNR price.

1 month later
#157 3 years ago

Led Zep easy choice although JJP will prob make a really nice GNR

#158 3 years ago

I grew up a Zeppelin fan. But I’m sure both games will be spectacular. Both wil get a Whole Lotta Love, I’m sure.

1 week later
#159 3 years ago

I'm a huge Guns N Roses fans. Slash actually had a big personal part on our wedding. He was the first person to see the ring on my wife, he was also the first person to congratulate us. However, the Data East Machine never spoke to me. I do like how they integrated AC/DC into their pin and want to own that one, but now with a new GnR pin coming out, I just don't know, and will hold off on getting an AC/DC. Not completely sold on Jersey Jack, I don't know if I'm a fan of the big LCD screen and wide body. We shall see what they do with GnR....Chances are, it will be a first day purchase

Led Zep is interesting because my wife could care less about pinball but one day said, if there is a Led pin she'll get it. If they treat it like Beatles with no toys, it will be a pass. I'd like to see a mothership toy in that pin.

Right now leaning towards GnR, but looking forward to what stern can do with Led, might have to be a LED pro, as I can't afford a premium along with a jersey jack pin. Exciting times, really throws a wrench into my wishlist of 3 pins, which now looks like might expand to 4. How do you guys control yourselves?

Added over 4 years ago:

Also wondering, are they going to use old GnR band members or the new ones? Hopefully no Chinese Democracy songs. Would love to see Alder and Lizzy in the game, not to sure about the new members just yet.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Also wondering, are they going to use old GnR band members or the new ones? Hopefully no Chinese Democracy songs

Checkout their current set list for an idea of what should be in the Pin. And yes, Chinese Democracy is part of it! Give the album sometime, there are some great songs in there

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Considering Music since the late 90's is absolute garbage with no soul. I am down for a GNR or LED ZEPP but where is my Slayer or Black Sabbath!
Seen GNR live few years ago and same with Sabbath both blew me away live. Slash a king and same with Iomi.

American Idiot is an amazing album. 2004.

There's some good stuff post-late-90s, just not a lot.

#162 3 years ago

Is it a sure thing that sterns next pin is Led Zeppelin and jjp next pin is Guns n Roses?

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Is it a sure thing that sterns next pin is Led Zeppelin and jjp next pin is Guns n Roses?

JJP 100% GnR, then Toy Story after (unclear if it's immediately after with this long shift).

Zep has been talked about since before Beatles. It was supposed to be another simple-old Stern classic machine reskin like Beatles/Seawitch, then Beatles crashed and burned and Zep got an upgrade to full machine. Supposedly it's Steve Ritchie's grail pin to design, so if he's really doing it, should be special if it isn't cost-reduced into oblivion like Black Knight 3 was.

#164 3 years ago

Theme wise it’s not close. Led Zeppelin is so much better than Guns n Roses, it’s almost laughable to compare them.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP 100% GnR, then Toy Story after (unclear if it's immediately after with this long shift).
Zep has been talked about since before Beatles. It was supposed to be another simple-old Stern classic machine reskin like Beatles/Seawitch, then Beatles crashed and burned and Zep got an upgrade to full machine. Supposedly it's Steve Ritchie's grail pin to design, so if he's really doing it, should be special if it isn't cost-reduced into oblivion like Black Knight 3 was.

If I recall , Sterns version of Indiana Jones was to have been Led Zepplin .

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If true, than that is the greatest decision Stern ever made (not wasting the LZ theme on that playfield/layout).

I'm glad it's now.
With JJP moving to Chicago and GNR coming....Stern has no choice but to put forth an all out effort for LZ.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Checkout their current set list for an idea of what should be in the Pin. And yes, Chinese Democracy is part of it! Give the album sometime, there are some great songs in there

If you're talking about their concert setlist, yes they do squeeze in a few Chinese Democracy songs. I've been to two shows, and whenever a Chinese Democracy song comes on, it's my cue for a washroom break or grab some food. Love the old GnR and still have hope that next tour they bring back Izzy and Adler. Was pumped when Adler jammed to a few songs on the tour. It was such a fantastic moment. Anyways, I really hope the topper has Slashes custom amps incorporated into it, a small detail like that would make me an instant buyer. I'm a sucker.

Speaking of toppers. I've watched Slash and the Conspirators quite a few times and he tops his amps with so many toys. I feel like every show I go to, he has more toys on top of his amps.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Original LZ rumor was Quicksilver reskin and now is rumored to be new layout.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Original LZ rumor was Quicksilver reskin and now is rumored to be new layout.

I should state that when Stern was initially working on Led Zepplin, it was dropped and Indy Crystal Skull became of it. At least what I have read...

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Speaking of toppers. I've watched Slash and the Conspirators quite a few times and he tops his amps with so many toys. I feel like every show I go to, he has more toys on top of his amps.

Hard to see but they are there!

50EB005F-B9C7-4BF9-B8BA-DA8C30114C3B (resized).jpeg50EB005F-B9C7-4BF9-B8BA-DA8C30114C3B (resized).jpeg5AE1DE15-5995-4E07-AC8F-9BF0B6C53889 (resized).jpeg5AE1DE15-5995-4E07-AC8F-9BF0B6C53889 (resized).jpeg
#171 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I should state that when Stern was initially working on Led Zepplin, it was dropped and Indy Crystal Skull became of it. At least what I have read...

Where did you see that published?

As of summer last year podcast with Steve R basically indicated it was a grail theme and several hints indicated it was happening. It was quicksilver until Beatles didn’t sell as well.

All the usual suspects that typically predict this stuff with 99% accuracy say its coming and soon!

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

All the usual suspects that typically predict this stuff with 99% accuracy say its coming and soon!

Yeah Led Zeppelin has me saving my pennies. I'm in for a Premium or LE depending on which has the better art package.

#173 3 years ago

I don't know if I can afford GnR at JJPs prices, but I will squeeze pennies if I have to.
Some ideas. Would love to see a stage at the back of the pin, ramps leading up to it, that's an elevated interactive playfield. Maybe hit band members. Mosh Pit multiball. Big Top hat somewhere. Love to see a Gibson guitar toy incorporated into the playfield. Slash's custom amps as a toy, maybe the amps release balls. There will probably be a record spinning on the play field like POTC. Hope they push the boundries, I know JJP is suppose to be more family friendly, but this is GnR here.

As for Led Zeppelin, they should at least have an interactive mothership toy, also would be cool if they kept the mothership colour theme throughout the pin. Should be fun to see what they come up with. I do have high hopes for GnR though, but scared to see the price tag.

#174 3 years ago

That led Zeppelin machine better play "No Quarter" if you push the start button without any credits.

#175 3 years ago

Zepp for me!!

#176 3 years ago

I love music but for some reason music pins have never grabbed me. With that being said, I’m excited about the idea of a Zeppelin pin. Anything with a retro, vintage style suits my vibe. With that being said, I cringe to think about the incorporation of Stairway to Heaven. I don’t know how they leave it out, but I have don’t have any interest in that song at this point.

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where did you see that published?
As of summer last year podcast with Steve R basically indicated it was a grail theme and several hints indicated it was happening. It was quicksilver until Beatles didn’t sell as well.

Pretty sure it was on Pinside. Possibly PinGame Journal, but can't honestly remember.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Theme wise it’s not close. Led Zeppelin is so much better than Guns n Roses, it’s almost laughable to compare them.

What do you mean themewise?

Also, since i have listen to both bands alot and some here say, led is easily a greater pinball franchise/songs then gnr.
What songs?

Say you need 8-10 for a pin, which 8-10 led songs are clearly so superior for a pinball machine compared to gnr counters?

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Say you need 8-10 for a pin, which 8-10 led songs are clearly so superior for a pinball machine compared to gnr counters?

r u joking? I'm flabbergasted over here.

Quoted from ejg10532626:

With JJP moving to Chicago and GNR coming....Stern has no choice but to put forth an all out effort for LZ.

Flabbergasted again. "Stern has no choice"

#180 3 years ago

Rush would be so much better than Zep!

#181 3 years ago

"r u joking? I'm flabbergasted over here."

I'm a fan of both bands. I love GnR music more for pinball and more as artists, but lets take a look at some Led songs that would be good for pinball..These are just my opinion.

Good songs for Pinball
-Rock N Roll
-Immigrant Song
-Whole Lotta Love
-Black Dog
-Kashmir
-Heartbreaker
-Good Times Bad Times
-D'yer Mak'er
-Communication Breakdown
-Moby Dick
-Dancing Days

Not a bad list!

Now lets look at some that might not fit pinball

Not good Pinball songs
-Stairway to Heaven
-Going to California
-Dazed and Confused
-Over the Hills and Far Away
-The Rain Song
-Thank You (this is the wife and I's first dance at our wedding)
-No quarter (sadly not a good pinball song)

On the Fence
-Ramble On
-When the Levee Breaks
-Misty Mountain Hop

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

"r u joking? I'm flabbergasted over here."
I'm a fan of both bands. I love GnR music more for pinball and more as artists, but lets take a look at some Led songs that would be good for pinball..These are just my opinion.
Good songs for Pinball
-Rock N Roll
-Immigrant Song
-Whole Lotta Love
-Black Dog
-Kashmir
-Heartbreaker
-Good Times Bad Times
-D'yer Mak'er
-Communication Breakdown
-Moby Dick
-Dancing Days
Not a bad list!

Really mostly very good songs, even though some breaks down into Psychedelics midway thru.
Still, there are some really good and suitable songs from gnr aswell.

Compare with......
-Yesterday
-welcome to the jungle
-you could be mine
-estranged (my personal favorite)
-paradise city
-Sweet child of mine
-Civil war
-Rocket queen
-Mr brownstone
-Locomotive
-Better

You may argue led is better, matter of opinion, but calling it a landslide, seems to much.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Really mostly very good songs, even though some breaks down into Psychedelics midway thru.
Still, there are some really good and suitable songs from gnr aswell.
Compare with......
-Yesterday
-welcome to the jungle
-you could be mine
-estranged (my personal favorite)
-paradise city
-Sweet child of mine
-Civil war
-Rocket queen
-Mr brownstone
-Locomotive
-Better
You may argue led is better, matter of opinion, but calling it a landslide, seems to much.

I agree, I like GnR way more than Led, GnR is actually my favourite band and Led is my wifes favourite band. I don't know much about pinball, I'm kinda new to it, don't own a machine yet, but I hear JJP is suppose to be family friendly. Don't know how true that is, hopefully they ignore that with GnR, but songs like Rocket Queen might turn some heads when the audio plays Axl having sex with a woman in the sound studio. I'm not a fan of the Chinese Democracy album, but it's funny, because if I had to pick a song it would be "better". I would even add their cover of Live and Let Die to a cool pinball song. I'd even add "Night train", "It's so Easy" to list of songs. Either way, both pins have lots of potential. I think GnR has more "Toy" potential, think appetite cross, top hat, bandana, amps, guns, roses, guitars, skulls, train for night train, whereas Led, I can only think of the mothership and the 4 symbols drawn by the band. I feel like Led might look/feel similar to the Beatles pin, but we shall see. Excited to see both.

2 months later
#184 3 years ago

Led

#185 3 years ago

Led as well!

#186 3 years ago

JJP GNR will make Stern Zeppelin look like a home edition pin.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Most definitely. They won’t be able to compete with GNR.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Hopefully after seeing JJP GnR Gary will loosen his pursestrings for Steve Ritchie to go back to the drawing board and go crazy!!!

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

...yet somehow, Stern pins have been more fun to play than JJP lately.

GNR looks great, but again you guys are jumping the gun with judgments made on pictures and 5 second video clips.

#190 3 years ago

Yeah they will. Way better music, much larger fan base. while the lightshow is impressive on GnR the doesn't equal a better playing pin. I liked the layout of the SE but now that I know all the music is live with old timers jumping around the stage I have no interest. U guys are into the look more than the play and that's cool but if I were a betting man, Zeppelin will crush GnR.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah they will. Way better music, much larger fan base. while the lightshow is impressive on GnR the doesn't equal a better playing pin. I liked the layout of the SE but now that I know all the music is live with old timers jumping around the stage I have no interest. U guys are into the look more than the play and that's cool but if I were a betting man, Zeppelin will crush GnR.

Zeppelin and GnR are two of my favorite bands. It's difficult, but I'm holding off on buying until I see the SR Zep. Bring it!

#192 3 years ago
led-zep (resized).jpgled-zep (resized).jpg
#193 3 years ago

One thing's for damn sure: You won't have to worry about your deposit being returned on an LZLE if you order one...

#194 3 years ago

Im amazed that so many have big faith in Led Zeppelin
I have no clue on the US market, but here in Europe sales wont fly compared to GnR, not even close....
I would even predict that GnR crushes sales with 5-1 easy peasy

But thats just my 2 cents

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm with you!! Already have a deposit for zepp le, when it comes. To be honest, the gnr is pretty, but not much innovation play wise. Cool features, but so so play. Am looking forward to playing it nx week, hope it changes my early impression

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Im amazed that so many have big faith in Led Zeppelin
I have no clue on the US market, but here in Europe sales wont fly compared to GnR, not even close....
I would even predict that GnR crushes sales with 5-1 easy peasy
But thats just my 2 cents

It'll do just fine. Buncha guys around here that have disposable income and grew up in the 70s. Or, more to the point, never grew up at all.

Zeppelin is generally considered a more legendary band...more iconic, if you will. And there was never a Zeppelin machine before. If they do it right, it should sell really well. (Jaws, too, for that matter...and for the same reasons.)

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Rush would be so much better than Zep!

Necromancer theme!

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Hopefully after seeing JJP GnR Gary will loosen his pursestrings for Steve Ritchie to go back to the drawing board and go crazy!!!

The Zep pin is probably too far along to make any design changes.I guess you could still work in some lighting and some 3D models.Also better throw in Bluetooth Wifi capabilities

#199 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin is a much less main stream band than GnR.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The Zep pin is probably too far along to make any design changes.I guess you could still work in some lighting and some 3D models.Also better throw in Bluetooth Wifi capabilities

Is it just me, or does anyone else not want any WiFi or Bluetooth capabilities in their pinball machines? Let's keep them pinball machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/4?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.