8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 42.
#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Led Zeppelin music is loved by many

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

The pinball machine on the other hand, not so much.

Yet. Sold out. Cmon. Bring something new

#2003 3 years ago

Here's a guy that didn't even want to open his home pin. Lmao.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109442

Side by side, look what's leaving!

#2004 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109522

I think you can post this on a few more threads if you try...without pointing out the guy is also getting rid of GnR.

#2005 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

You'll have to edit your post a bit more. BOTH guys are getting rid of GnR as well. This just gets better and better...

#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You'll have to edit your post a bit more. BOTH guys are getting rid of GnR as well. This just gets better and better...

you got me, that was funny. lol

Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I notice Lamberger is suspiciously quiet on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k

Wow, that's crazy! Missed that thread. They raised the SE too! Glad I jumped in on Alien before PB did the same thing.

#2008 3 years ago

I'm looking forward to LZ LE's, and Premiums hitting the market so I can pick up a nice used one in a year....

#2009 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm looking forward to LZ LE's, and Premiums hitting the market so I can pick up a nice used one in a year....

Good luck. You can't have mine. (And people said the same thing about STh...and now people seem to want them quite a bit more than a year ago.)

Don't be so sure you'll get a bargain...the LEs sold out pretty quickly. That happened with JP and the price hasn't moved much.

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good luck. You can't have mine. (And people said the same thing about STh...and now people seem to want them quite a bit more than a year ago.)
Don't be so sure you'll get a bargain...the LEs sold out pretty quickly. That happened with JP and the price hasn't moved much.

He may save a couple bucks on a premium but I don’t see the LE’s going down at all.

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

He may save a couple bucks on a premium but I don’t see the LE’s going down at all.

Only up

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

All good....anyways your far away

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Premium works for me....same game and the art packages are equally as bad on both games so its all good.

#2014 3 years ago

Not sure about that, either. That's one of the plans of these manufacturers jacking their prices up...knocks out the inflated secondary market.

#2015 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Premium works for me....same game and the art packages are equally as bad on both games so its all good.

That's what people said about ACDC as well...still a great game. Turn the damn lights off in your game room and you'll be fine.

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's what people said about ACDC as well...still a great game. Turn the damn lights off in your game room and you'll be fine.

My BIB has a bad ass art package....

#2017 3 years ago

I have the premium with cut rails. The game is ugly. It just is. The only benefit is I don't have to look at Angus's face on the pro. I'll take the blimp and nutless winged wonder on Zeppelin anyday.

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have the premium with cut rails. The game is ugly. It just is. The only benefit is I don't have to look at Angus's face on the pro. I'll take the blimp and nutless winged wonder on Zeppelin anyday.

AC/DC is my favorite band, but to be honest I don't really love the game play......the lower play field is worthless

#2019 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

AC/DC is my favorite band, but to be honest I don't really love the game play......the lower play field is worthless

I still giggle like a schoolgirl whenever I hit the bell though. That alone is worth the price of admission. But we're off topic now, and moderators love to slap my wrist for that. So hey!...how about those Zeppelin and GnR games, eh?

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not sure about that, either. That's one of the plans of these manufacturers jacking their prices up...knocks out the inflated secondary market.

Not on an le , only 500 and how many stayed in the states? Price will go up to a point then stay there im thinkin. Doesn't matter to me, didn't buy it to flip, will be here a long time.

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m in for a Led Zepp machine with what I think are rockin songs and good art, one of my favorite bands.
Hard to get excited for GNR although I do like them and I think it’s because I find the DE machine to be a perfectly fine machine that didn’t need a mulligan.
No more retreads for themes!

We might be in agreement on this one (kind of). When I heard rumors about a new JJP #6 being GNR I was like “oh boy, here we go. Can’t we do an original pin for a band that hasn’t already been done?”. And as an owner of DE GNR, it’s a mighty fine machine and I’m never parting with it. I really thought there’s no way anybody could top it for many reasons (unlimited tracks with Pinsound, stuffed pf, G N R smooth ramps, auto and manual plungers - one being a gun, the other a rose, deep enough Lyman code, designed by Slash in the heyday of GNR, GNR in the heyday, hidden combos still undiscovered, great 6 ball multi game bum during Wizard - not anytime else in the game, etc). I was fully expecting a fair offering from JJP as the band is past prime time (but still very legit) and expected id end up playing it on premise. BUT...Then they released this masterpiece. Let’s face it, the theme could have been Winger and the game would still be incredible. DE GNR is great because it’s 50% GNR in the heyday and 50% Design & Code. JJP GNR is great because 75% Design & Code and 25% GNR. I think Zeppelin at this point in time would fall into the same category. Let’s face it, a Zeppelin pin in their heyday designed by Jimi Page would be a collectors item today, regardless of design. And a Zeppelin Pin with the JJP GNR theme design & integration today would be game of the decade. In the end GNR was not going to make this pin great in 2020/21 unless it had killer design/code/fun. Eric & JJP gets credit for that. With that said, my DE GNR is bolted down and soon is getting a younger JJP LE to go right with it. If there are any songs I’m missing from the JJP LE, I can get them on the DE GNR. One thing is for sure though, it’s going to be loud AF here. Ok, resume the fight now

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

BOTH guys are getting rid of GnR as well. This just gets better and better...

Yeah , it just gets better and better for the seller's , their pins have just gone up by 1000 bucks

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah , it just gets better and better for the seller's , their pins have just gone up by 1000 bucks

But you have to want to sell. I wouldn't even sell my LZ for $11k or $12k.

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But you have to want to sell. I wouldn't even sell my LZ for $11k or $12k.

Fair point .
But if you have your order in for GNR you're not gonna lose money , can the same be said for Led Zep ?
Time will tell .

#2025 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Fair point .
But if you have your order in for GNR you're not gonna lose money , can the same be said for Led Zep ?
Time will tell .

I bought the damn thing to play, not to try to make a profit on it. This argument gets so old, they are toys, not investments

#2026 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Fair point .
Time will tell .

I plan to lose up to $2000 on every game I buy...beyond that hurts a bit, but I get over it in about 5 minutes. Hobbies cost money. Enjoyment usually costs money. When somebody is working to create something that causes me enjoyment, I expect to part with some money for the privilege. Most of my games have tanked in value and it doesn't bother me one bit. That's not why I'm in this hobby or on Pinside.

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I plan to lose up to $2000 on every game I buy...beyond that hurts a bit, but I get over it in about 5 minutes. Hobbies cost money. Enjoyment usually costs money. When somebody is working to create something that causes me enjoyment, I expect to part with some money for the privilege. Most of my games have tanked in value and it doesn't bother me one bit. That's not why I'm in this hobby or on Pinside.

Its funny how we drive a new car for 5 years and lose 20k on it and don't bat an eye, but lose 1k on a pin and its the end of the world. While I have made a few bucks on some I've lost on many others. Hobbys don't equal investments in most cases, especially on toys. Although I do have old toys that are worth a fortune now,,,,,

#2028 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I bought the damn thing to play, not to try to make a profit on it. This argument gets so old, they are toys, not investments

GNR went up in value $1,000 overnight , the same can't be said for Led Zeppelin .
The price doesn't indicate how good the game is , even if GNR was half the price of Led Zeppelin it's still the better game .
When they stop making a good/ popular game , they all go up in value .
Even Led Zep will still go up in value once they stop making it but just not at the same level as GNR .
And no one ever said it was an investment , it's just the cherry on top

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

GNR went up in value $1,000 overnight , the same can't be said for Led Zeppelin .
The price doesn't indicate how good the game is , even if GNR was half the price of Led Zeppelin it's still the better game .
When they stop making a good/ popular game , they all go up in value .
Even Led Zep will still go up in value once they stop making it but just not at the same level as GNR .
And no one ever said it was an investment , it's just the cherry on top

There is only one reason at the moment the GNR LE has inflated in price second hand and that is due to JJP’s inability to produce them in volume.

Once they catch up and there are 3,4 or all 5000 games built I guarantee they will be selling less than msrp.

As for the LZ, yeah pro/pre will gone down their usual $500-$1000 tops but the LE will remain static if not go up. I can almost guarantee that as well.

#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is only one reason at the moment the GNR LE has inflated in price second hand and that is due to JJP’s inability to produce them in volume.
Once they catch up and there are 3,4 or all 5000 games built I guarantee they will be selling less than msrp.
As for the LZ, yeah pro/pre will gone down their usual $500-$1000 tops but the LE will remain static if not go up. I can almost guarantee that as well.

People always say Stern pumps them out but people have been waiting months and months for AIQ , JP premium's as well as Elvira's and Batman's .
Let's check-in back in a year to see what the prices of le GNR's are .

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

People always say Stern pumps them out but people have been waiting months and months for AIQ , JP premium's as well as Elvira's and Batman's .
Let's check-in back in the year to see what the prices of le GNR's are .

They are catching up, in a matter of 10 days they built all 500 LZLE and are already delivering premiums. That’s impressive.

And for the record I’m not predicting GNR LE’s to lose much ground, maybe a 500 from MSRP hit once there are thousands in the wild.

Just my prediction based on market inventory, only reason POTC fetches what it does is because there just aren’t many of them in circulation.

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They are catching up, in a matter of 10 days they built all 500 LZLE and are already delivering premiums. That’s impressive.
And for the record I’m not predicting GNR LE’s to lose much ground, maybe a 500 from MSRP hit once there are thousands in the wild.
Just my prediction based on market inventory, only reason POTC fetches what it does is because there just aren’t many of them in circulation.

Wow its amazing how fast they can pump out games....50 per day is impressive....JJP is like 50 per week

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You haven't been reading what people who own both have been saying. Is it prettier? Sure. Jury's out on whether it's the better game. Unless you're a fan of endless multiballs.

#2034 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You haven't been reading what people who own both have been saying. Is it prettier? Sure. Jury's out on whether it's the better game. Unless you're a fan of endless multiballs.

It's all about variety in a line up. There are a lot of flowing games out there but there's not a lot of games like guns N roses on the market.

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Led Zeppelin plays infinitely better than GNR. It's skill, strategy and precision vs flashing lights and endless flailing multiballs.

#2036 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Let's check-in back in a year to see what the prices of le GNR's are .

Which game you waitin for?

#2037 3 years ago

LOL

Quoted from PokerJake:

vs flashing lights and endless flailing multiballs.

#2038 3 years ago

...I have no idea what’s the problem with lots of Multiballs for some of you fine fellas... I DO love multiballs, I have just 4 games at home, and when my wife, my son they play is the same, they love that too, my son likes a lot our “Attack From Mars" and never goes to sleep unless he achieves a game full of multiballs, that’s part of the happiness in a Pinball game in my POV.

Cheers

#2039 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Led Zeppelin plays infinitely better than GNR. It's skill, strategy and precision vs flashing lights and endless flailing multiballs.

Good lord u need to get out more.....

#2040 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good lord u need to get out more.....

lol, offended?

#2041 3 years ago

Not really, but after looking at your collection your comments make sense

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not really, but after looking at your collection your comments make sense

Thanks, I enjoy fun games. You don't have to take others opinions of toys personally.

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Thanks, I enjoy fun games. You don't have to take others opinions of toys personally.

I've owned a few of those....to be honest almost all games are fun in their own way...

#2044 3 years ago

I love my Stern LEs. But....

GNRCE is on just on a whole different level of wow factor. No comparison

It’s all good. Lots of great games to play for everybody’s taste

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

17e74bd639bf4983f39054804c4e2c23--a-christmas-story-zeppelin (resized).jpg17e74bd639bf4983f39054804c4e2c23--a-christmas-story-zeppelin (resized).jpg

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If there are any songs I’m missing from the JJP LE, I can get them on the DE GNR. One thing is for sure though, it’s going to be loud AF here. Ok, resume the fight now

Lol I like that Chaka!

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow its amazing how fast they can pump out games....50 per day is impressive....JJP is like 50 per week

Not really , it works out about the same considering there's 10 times as much in jjp games

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Which game you waitin for?

GNR - it's going to be a long wait but I'd rather wait for something special than have something average tomorrow .

#2048 3 years ago

It’s funny, when you think about it, the DE GNR only had 3000 made. If JJP does a full 5,000 GNRs DE will actually be rarer. I’m kinda hoping JJP doesn’t do the full 5,000. Wonka LE was set at 5000 Max but I’m sure they are nowhere near that number. GNR will be higher but curious when there close the door like POTC.

#2049 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Lol I like that Chaka!

Did you get yours? CE?

#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Not really , it works out about the same considering there's 10 times as much in jjp games

GNR - it's going to be a long wait but I'd rather wait for something special than have something average tomorrow .

I wouldn't call lz average , its better than I anticipated. Gnr looks great tho.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.