8E4E4226-6634-4ED2-BE47-D4AFFB4B7F8A (resized).jpeg
FB848D4B-47E4-499C-8E2A-A0E60845D49A (resized).png
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
543CBCB3-D0FD-4930-A199-0D519BDA7009 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 42.
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow did anybody watch The Pinball Network awards show?Damn looks like Guns n Fuckin Roses cleaned up last night!I actually kept count for awhile but then .......

...you decided to get a life?

#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I thought it was" but then, since I don't own either one, who cares?

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The only suckers are people that bash games. We are lucky to have plenty of choices and there is something in the hobby for everyone.
I have also read on FB that there are no shit pinball machines only shit people. I find that statement to be so appropriate.

It’s really hard to read this topic anymore with so many “ignored user comment” folks saying so much! Lol! Mostly broke ass shit talkers

#1904 3 years ago

While I do have a lz le coming, I really want to play gnr. No hate for the game at all, hard to understand why this is so polarizing. Kinda mimmicks something else we just went thru. Liking lz music over gnr was main reason for me

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

It’s really hard to read this topic anymore with so many “ignored user comment” folks saying so much! Lol! Mostly broke ass shit talkers

I suppose it's nice to only read posts from people you agree with. I choose to read them all because there's a lot you can learn from opposing opinions.

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I suppose it's nice to only read posts from people you agree with. I choose to read them all because there's a lot you can learn from opposing opinions.

Well, I have both games on order so I don’t really need to hear about which is better because I have nothing to prove from my mom’s basement. Go play your games and grow up.

#1907 3 years ago

Slash seems happy with his game.

Screenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210130-152600_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Well, I have both games on order so I don’t really need to hear about which is better because I have nothing to prove from my mom’s basement. Go play your games and grow up.

Exactly! And thanks for not ignoring me.

#1909 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Most opposing opinions on this thread are childish at best. i am referring to a couple folks that are nothing more than trolls. They are pinball machines. If you have them then go play them. I don’t need someone to tell me what I like.

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Ha ha. Yes! I have a few i"ignored user comments" too. Makes my Pinside life so much better. I am really looking forward to having a go on both games. I think both games rock.

#1911 3 years ago

Looking at both of them side by side, GNR makes LZ look like an EM. Gameplay might say otherwise, but just my opinion on looks alone. Can't wait to play them both.

#1912 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Slash seems happy with his game.
[quoted image]

Hard for a lot of people to admit this but the people have spoken. Game of the year. Hell yeah!!!

#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Looking at both of them side by side, GNR makes LZ look like an EM. Gameplay might say otherwise, but just my opinion on looks alone. Can't wait to play them both.

Interesting you say that. A local operator here just did this today. He previously had LZ at a different location other than his main one for weeks because he was afraid no one would play LZ if they had GNR at the same location to compare to it. Looking at the two games I honestly can't say I blame him. It will be interesting to see how both earn at his main spot right next to each other.

144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg144507723_1638070369734659_3285423680167083681_n (resized).jpg
#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I took him to mean that after people where able to see Led Zeppelin they got off the fence and ordered GnR?

Correct .
I also know in operator who cancelled his LZ order and decided to pay the extra for GNR .

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep . Why would you block people in a thread like this . It's a VS thread , if you only want to hear nice stuff about whatever pin , then stick to the club threads .

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep . Why would you block people in a thread like this . It's a VS thread , if you only want to hear nice stuff about whatever pin , then stick to the club threads .

Some people are not just here for the love of the hobby or the love of life. That is why.

#1917 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Interesting you say that. A local operator here just did this today. He previously had LZ at a different location other than his main one for weeks because he was afraid no one would play LZ if they had GNR at the same location to compare to it. Looking at the two games I honestly can't say I blame him. It will be interesting to see how both earn at his main spot right next to each other.
[quoted image]

So we are comparing a pro to an le now? It will be interesting to see the results. It would be fun to hear back in 2 weeks or so if possible. Im not looking for an lz upset win, just curious

#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Says the guy posting on a GNR v Led Zep thread

#1919 3 years ago
09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg09D34618-0B5B-4D17-8916-0DECCDB34EF8 (resized).jpeg
#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The only suckers are people that bash games. We are lucky to have plenty of choices and there is something in the hobby for everyone.
I have also read on FB that there are no shit pinball machines only shit people. I find that statement to be so appropriate.

I couldn't agree more, a shitty greedy business man ripping people off with a theme most people wanted, this pin could have been amazing. Is LZ shit to play for 25 cents? no. So your statement is correct.
I do own Metallica and AC/DC. Money well spent there, and I'm thankful for those games. A lot more could have been done on this title, Gary chose not to. Steve had 6 designs, this was the cheapest design to manufacture. I heard Gary's eyeing up a bigger yacht, keep buying the jukebox with flippers guys!
JJP would have knocked this title out of the park.

#1921 3 years ago

The review by the owner that owns a GNR CE sitting right next to his LZ LE says it all.

To paraphrase his statement, after 10 or so games of LZ I went to GNR to play one game and it was right back to LZ but GNR is beautiful. Probably the only person on pinside who has both and I think it very telling, LZ has more fun factor.

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Says the guy posting on a GNR v Led Zep thread

This made no sense to anybody except Romulus. You're definitely not a lawyer.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

JJP would have knocked this title out of the park.

To be fair Stern makes 3 to 4 + games a year .
They just don't have the time to put the effort and detail in their games as other companies .
It's in everyone's interest to have a strong and profitable Stern .
I'm just glad there's a company like jjp that gives the theme every chance and puts in all the bells and whistles .

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This made no sense to anybody except Romulus. You're definitely not a lawyer.

Maybe , but you got it

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're definitely not a lawyer.

No I'm not , I'm a lowly upholsterer .
I don't take advantage of people when they're at their lowest .

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The review by the owner that owns a GNR CE sitting right next to his LZ LE says it all.
To paraphrase his statement, after 10 or so games of LZ I went to GNR to play one game and it was right back to LZ but GNR is beautiful. Probably the only person on pinside who has both and I think it very telling, LZ has more fun factor.

I have the LZ pro and GnR le and have been playing them a lot these past few weeks. It’s tough to compare them, but I will try. I’ll try to keep it short.

GnR is a game you need to think about when playing, so much going on, strategy on how to approach it and things to shoot for. If you dont like that you won’t like the game. I still don’t understand probably half of how the game works and what to shoot for, and I like that because I’m always finding something new. Fwiw, I don’t like woz, but do like GnR and think it may be the best of their games yet next to hobbit, which I realize probably now kills my review because I know many don’t like the hobbit.

LZ is a game you walk up to and basically shoot the flashing arrows, hit the left ramp to start multi ball and shoot the left scoop to start tour modes. there’s more, but that’s the basic idea. It’s basic, but is fast, has good flow, easy to grasp, had great sound w/external sub and is a lot of fun to play with zeppelin playing in the background. I had low expectations for the game, but it surprised me.

Both are great games, but they are completely different. Nevertheless, it’s crystal clear the effort that went into GnR, from artwork to light show, video, code, etc. nobody can dispute that. if I had a small collection and could only have one, it would be GnR by far given the depth, variety and overall content. If you have a larger collection, LZ works well and is a nice break. overall there is better value in GnR if I had to choose.

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have the LZ pro and GnR le and have been playing them a lot these past few weeks. It’s tough to compare them, but I will try. I’ll try to keep it short.
GnR is a game you need to think about when playing, so much going on, strategy on how to approach it and things to shoot for. If you dont like that you won’t like the game. I still don’t understand probably half of how the game works and what to shoot for, and I like that because I’m always finding something new. Fwiw, I don’t like woz, but do like GnR and think it may be the best of their games yet next to hobbit, which I realize probably now kills my review because I know many don’t like the hobbit.
LZ is a game you walk up to and basically shoot the flashing arrows, hit the left ramp to start multi ball and shoot the left scoop to start tour modes. there’s more, but that’s the basic idea. It’s basic, but is fast, has good flow, easy to grasp, had great sound w/external sub and is a lot of fun to play with zeppelin playing in the background. I had low expectations for the game, but it surprised me.
Both are great games, but they are completely different. Nevertheless, it’s crystal clear the effort that went into GnR, from artwork to light show, video, code, etc. nobody can dispute that. if I had a small collection and could only have one, it would be GnR by far given the depth, variety and overall content. If you have a larger collection, LZ works well and is a nice break. overall there is better value in GnR if I had to choose.

All fine and dandy but can’t compare the LZ pro to the GNR LE.
That member who has LZLE and GNR CE is probably the only person who owns and has played both a bunch.
Report back after you play the LZ PRE/LE, I think you will like the additional features and what will probably be the second best light show ever in pinball which isn’t a bad thing or shitty quality.
Can’t wait to get mine this week!

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t like woz, but do like GnR and think it may be the best of their games yet next to hobbit, which I realize probably now kills my review because I know many don’t like the hobbit.

Couldn't agree more . I had a WOZ and didn't like it as well . I got a hobbit and love it .
I don't think anyone is saying Led Zep is a shit game but you can't compare what is gone into GNR compared to LZ .

#1929 3 years ago

They both look fun and I really look forward to playing them at a friend's house or on location.

TBH neither rocks my boat to the point of wanting to shell out all that $$$ and actually own one. And I'm a humongous Zep fan and I love GnR too.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

A lot more could have been done on this title, Gary chose not to. Steve had 6 designs, this was the cheapest to manufacture. I heard Gary's eyeing up a bigger yacht, keep buying the box with flippers guys!

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence- comes to mind in some tangential way. If you are going to count every light and screw in a game to assess a value, we are going to be getting some very crappy games. Wasn’t a fan after reveal- but having played LZ, I can tell a huge amount of thought and effort was put into this pin. The trick for great artists, when to step away from the easel. Is it better then GnR? Maybe we should quantify pins by amount of fat Axls? How much would you pay... for a pin with absolutely no fat Axls? Priceless. Just joking- kind of..

#1931 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No I'm not , I'm a lowly upholsterer .
I don't take advantage of people when they're at their lowest .

When they're sitting or lying down?

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

I can tell a huge amount of thought and effort was put into this pin.

You funny

Quoted from Trogdor:

Maybe we should quantify pins by amount of fat Axls? How much would you pay... for a pin with absolutely no fat Axls?

I love it when people bring up this argument , would the game be better if he was skinny ?
He looks pretty normal to me .
But I get it , because the game is so good Stern fanboys will cling to anything to try to knock the game .

IMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpgIMG_20210131_010535 (resized).jpg
#1933 3 years ago

What if you're a fan of both companies but GnR still does nothing for you?

It is the prettiest game made in a while...but then so are all JJP games.

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When they're sitting or lying down?

Come on boob you can do better than that , give me something to respond to .

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

To be fair Stern makes 3 to 4 + games a year .
They just don't have the time to put the effort and detail in their games as other companies .
It's in everyone's interest to have a strong and profitable Stern .
I'm just glad there's a company like jjp that gives the theme every chance and puts in all the bells and whistles .

Everyone has been begging for this theme for decades. I would be buying GNR, but I'm not a fan of the band, so off to Alien I go for $78 more than LZPR.

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What if you're a fan of both companies but GnR still does nothing for you?

Not a problem in the world .
I own fish tales and The Hobbit , 2 pins lots of people hate and the next pin I want is Steve Ritchie's Terminator 3 .
Buy whatever makes you happy .
But this is a GNR vs Led Zep thread and GNR kills it .

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Come on boob you can do better than that , give me something to respond to .

I meant that people are at their lowest (physically) when they're enjoying the fruits of your labor. It was a lighthearted joke that I could have worded better.

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

But this is a GNR vs Led Zep thread and GNR kills it .

In toys, artwork, and lightshow. Not necessarily in fun. If I was hanging the game on my wall to look at, I'd be in for GnR all the way.

#1939 3 years ago

GnR looks good but LZ is the better player.

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

In toys, artwork, and lightshow. Not necessarily in fun. If I was hanging the game on my wall to look at, I'd be in for GnR all the way.

Running around the same old ground!Must be tiring to continue to piss on our legs and tell us it’s raining.I would find something else to compare your Stern too instead of GnR (game of the year)

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

It's hard to play Sterns when it's not a level playing field [quoted image]

You need the officially branded "Stern bubble level." It has a natural curve in it that matches up nicely with the playfield, proving that once again, what you thought was a problem was actually part of the design.

#1942 3 years ago

Best playfield in the business, lit posts too! Only $78 more than a LZPR

e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpge555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I meant that people are at their lowest (physically) when they're enjoying the fruits of your labor. It was a lighthearted joke that I could have worded better.

All good , no worries , I love the banter .

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Running around the same old ground!Must be tiring to continue to piss on our legs and tell us it’s raining.I would find something else to compare your Stern too instead of GnR (game of the year)

Game of the year means exactly fuck all. "same old ground"? if that isn't the black calling the kettle, pot.

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

You need the officially branded "Stern bubble level." It has a natural curve in it that matches up nicely with the playfield, proving that once again, what you thought was a problem was actually part of the design.

Come on now let’s be fair here not every game has this and GNR has its issues as well.

Just saw the photos of all the raised inserts this week on a GNR. Not good!

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Come on now let’s be fair here not every game has this and GNR has its issues as well.
Just saw the photos of all the raised inserts this week on a GNR. Not good!

You can fix those inserts if they were high I couldn’t tell from photos and no more was said about it.But one thing I know from being a carpenter contractor for 30 years that bowed LZ is trash!

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You can fix those inserts if they were high I couldn’t tell from photos and no more was said about it.But one thing I know from being a carpenter contractor for 30 years that bowed LZ is trash!

1 game man, cmon. Has not been another

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

1 game man, cmon. Has not been another

Just like has there been 1 game of GNR with raised inserts , I don't know if it's even an issue .
Hard to tell from the photos and it's weird it would only happen to one game .

#1949 3 years ago

Stuff happens, to both games. Damn, be happy with your purchase no matter which game we buy.

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Game of the year means exactly fuck all. "same old ground"? if that isn't the black calling the kettle, pot.

Thank you...you beat me to it. If it's an opposing opinion, it's the same old ground. If it's his opinion, it's fact. And what some people are too narrow-minded to see is that I just gave a bunch of complements to the game they keep creaming their jeans over. But I complement LZ and I'm clearly an idiot.

You learn quickly what kind of people you're dealing with around here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
There are 2,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-vs-jjp-guns-n-roses/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.